• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Philippine SWAT Team storm bus with hostages in Manila

borom

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Those who have worked in the Philippines will tell you that they are not surprised by the way the matter was handled or by its outcome.

What worries me is that this govt has imported thousands of them to work here and take away jobs from locals.

Many seems to think most are ladies so its OK. If you go to the estates where they are staying eg Yishun, Woodlands, you will find that the majority of these Filipinas have also brought along their husbands/boyfriends.It appears that most of these Filipinos husbands/boyfriends are not working.With so many non-working Filipino men around, I fear what will happen.
If you are skeptical, try walking around the streets of Manila for one week and you will know what I mean .

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Pinoy policemen are well known to be useless. The whole force is physically unfit.

Those who've stayed in Manila will know that they've been plagued by kidnappings for a long time. Rich people (especially Chinese filipinos) would rather pay ransom then go to the police because they are simply ineffectual.

cheowyonglee

Alfrescian
Loyal
philippines people are well known to be lazy.i have alot of them in my ex company as technician and engineer.

i can swear i am telling the truth.most of them are not hardworking.
during work, they will woo the china girls.inside the toliet, they anyhow throw the toliet paper.very rude of them to behave like this in singapore!!!

oli9

Alfrescian
Loyal
Look no further than P&G Spore & StatsChippac. Both of these companies are full of pork eating Pinoys.
Not only are they lazy, they quite good at dodging work & passing the buck.
If anyone wants to see the construction of foreign enclaves, you can begin with these 2 companies. The Pinoys not only DONT integrate with the locals, they also recruit their own kind if there's any vacancies.

scoobyhoo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Remember a Hong Kong film about a group of tourists being killed by Pinoys many years ago? This time is real and not movie.

《安乐战场》剧情:

一群来自不同阶层的香港人,兴高采烈地参加了一个菲律宾旅行团,不料途中遇上了被菲律宾军方追捕的菲匪,部份成员成为被菲匪劫持的人质,用来交换已被捕的菲匪透露。为了使政府军就范,菲匪对人质进行一连串的恐怖对待,使他们终日生活在惶恐之中,而政府军却营救无门。这些平时生活在安乐之中的香港人只好自力救济伺机逃亡。南燕编写的剧本无疑反映了港人在九七阴影下的动荡不安全心态,曾志伟亦导演出专业水准,使这部包括:温碧霞、曾志伟、黄光亮、唐丽球等演出的戏发挥了居安思危的警世效果。

mehmeh55

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wow 7 tourists dead. Remind me not to visit Philippines again. The last time I went there, there wasn't much to do anyway. Lot of slums and shanty towns.

Velma

Alfrescian
Loyal
Remember a Hong Kong film about a group of tourists being killed by Pinoys many years ago? This time is real and not movie.

《安乐战场》剧情:

一群来自不同阶层的香港人,兴高采烈地参加了一个菲律宾旅行团,不料途中遇上了被菲律宾军方追捕的菲匪,部份成员成为被菲匪劫持的人质,用来交换已被捕的菲匪透露。为了使政府军就范,菲匪对人质进行一连串的恐怖对待,使他们终日生活在惶恐之中,而政府军却营救无门。这些平时生活在安乐之中的香港人只好自力救济伺机逃亡。南燕编写的剧本无疑反映了港人在九七阴影下的动荡不安全心态,曾志伟亦导演出专业水准,使这部包括:温碧霞、曾志伟、黄光亮、唐丽球等演出的戏发挥了居安思危的警世效果。

English title was called Fatal Vacation.

What is eerie was the plot of the movie is somewhat close to this real drama.

Spock

Alfrescian
Loyal
The police looked like extras hired to act as bumbling fools in a comedy. They broke the windows to throw lightsticks through them and they took forever to storm the bus after announcing their intentions to everyone???!!! :confused:

BuiKia

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
The Chinese there are rich so many pinoys target the Chinese, especially fat ones.

Only 1 kidnapper and they cannot handle? Imagine if it is a group of them.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The police looked like extras hired to act as bumbling fools in a comedy. They broke the windows to throw lightsticks through them and they took forever to storm the bus after announcing their intentions to everyone???!!! :confused:

Singapore police and commandoes were far better.

SQ117 hijacked. Police secure the surrounding and commandoes went in to raid.

Terrorists: 4, all shot.

Civilians: 300+, all safe.

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Don't steal the limelight, ex poodle. It was the the SOF commandos who stormed the plane. Poodles were only deployed there for crowd control.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Terrorists: 4, all shot.

Civilians: 300+, all safe.

You conveniently left out the fact that the 4 so called "terrorists" were armed with nothing more than cutlery from the plane's kitchen.:rolleyes:

If they'd been in possession of some real firepower, the story would probably have had a very different sort of ending.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You conveniently left out the fact that the 4 so called "terrorists" were armed with nothing more than cutlery from the plane's kitchen.:rolleyes:

If they'd been in possession of some real firepower, the story would probably have had a very different sort of ending.

If they'd been armed with anything more, airport security should get shot.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Don't steal the limelight, ex poodle. It was the the SOF commandos who stormed the plane. Poodles were only deployed there for crowd control.

For the safety of the public, that's the duty. What's wrong with that?

There's no limelight stealing. The commandoes went in and shot them.

Are you related to Nick Leeson? Or are you Nick Leeson?

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
If they'd been armed with anything more, airport security should get shot.

Fudging the issue as usual. :rolleyes: Airport security was in the hands of the Malaysians. All Singapore had to do was subdue 4 idiots brandishing butter knives. They didn't need to waste SAF resources. A TKD blackbelt could have done the job in less than a minute.:rolleyes:

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Fudging the issue as usual. :rolleyes: Airport security was in the hands of the Malaysians. All Singapore had to do was subdue 4 idiots brandishing butter knives. They didn't need to waste SAF resources. A TKD blackbelt could have done the job in less than a minute.:rolleyes:

You've watched too many action movies. A proper operation has to have all surroundings secured first. If you believe it's like Jackie Chan crashing through public in the line of duty, I worry for you and feel sorry for you.

Velma

Alfrescian
Loyal
If the four guys are only armed with knives, why did the 300 passengers not subude them?