• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Part 2 - WP Indian Candidate Resignation

Nice-Gook

Alfrescian
Loyal
If But having see a little bit more of life and how dirty this world is, anything is possible.

Politics is the dirtiest profession in the world.Because “Politicians are like diapers; they need to be changed often and for the same reason.” Which something politically naive Singaporeans do not understand .Because of the half a century rule by just 1 party.Even the most honest and noblest of politician will join the sewerage system in enough time.That is why non partisan folks ,like myself,are obliged to depart whatever we know.

Because at the end of the day Sylvia and Sanjeev could be sharing the same bed while we are fighting among ourselves.

Perspective

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro,I didn't expect the above from you.Since I have a lot more respect for your writings.However we differ in our directions.Like rivers flowing from all directions but ultimately towards the sea.

Isn't JBJ the epitome of oppositions and a giant in his own rights a minority race who walked away from the very WP which he nourished with his blood and sweat?......what about Jufrie Mahmmod another minority of a high caliber political material.Even James Gomez who was with WP in the last GE with their A team is now with SDP.

Now,look at the array of SDP minority candidates.Vincent Wijeysingha is the darling of election campaigning.Not to mention that SDP had others like Prof Paul Thambyah.

I refuse to believe quality minority races refuses to join oppositions.It's just that they do not want to be part of WP.Why me wonders.

Sorry I don't agree with you on many counts. I count Vincent Wijey and Pritam Singh as the quality ones. Paul Thambyah is not a frontliner. Even then, they have only arised recently. Not Gomez and certainly absolutely not Jufrie. JBJ is respected for a different reason - I don't think his leadership or policy stands strike a chord with me.

Perspective

Alfrescian
Loyal
One person in WP shows that the candidate's resignation and wayang show is of no significance: Pritam Singh

Aljuined GRC required one minority candidate who was a Malay, and Faisal was that man.
But Pritam was put into that GRC even though it did not require an Indian candidate.
That GRC was key to the WP, as they were literally putting their 3 top eggs in one basket.
So why was Pritam put into this same basket when the rules did not require it?
Because he was deemed to be "good enough".

Why was that candidate who resigned not made a cadre?
Perhaps because he was deemed not to be "good enough".

Managers in any organization only need to justify the people they promote or appoint.
They don't need to justify why they didn't promote or appoint someone.
If asked about those not appointed, all they need to say is what Roy Hodgson did.
"He wasn't included in the squad for footballing reasons."

Faisal was the minority in Aljunied, Rahizan in MK, Fazli in EC and Sajeev in NS. Pritam was added to Aljunied and Somasundaram was added to MK. Now these are the facts. Those who dislike WP for whatever reasons need to get pass these facts. They should not cop-out and say "Oh, but these are tokens."

Nice-Gook

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sorry I don't agree with you on many counts. I count Vincent Wijey and Pritam Singh as the quality ones. Paul Thambyah is not a frontliner. Even then, they have only arised recently. Not Gomez and certainly absolutely not Jufrie. JBJ is respected for a different reason - I don't think his leadership or policy stands strike a chord with me.

Sure your cup of tea is not necessarily mine too.But to assert that.....
To be frank, the tricky problem for the opposition is the quality of minority members in terms of intellect and character appear to be below par and numbers compared to Chinese members. .
.....and further adding that Gomez,Prof Thambyah and even JBJ respected for different reason but below par compared to Chinese members in intellect and quality?.....you mean Sylvia orLTK or Gerald Lim along with most Chinese members in the WP and other opposition parties can beat any of the above minority candidates ,except Pritam and Vincent Wijay, hands down ?....where their intellect and character are concerned !

Gosh,you are more racist than Sylvia aren't you ?

Or your inability to express yourself have failed you?

Perspective

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sure your cup of tea is not necessarily mine too.But to assert that.....

.....and further adding that Gomez,Prof Thambyah and even JBJ respected for different reason but below par compared to Chinese members in intellect and quality?.....you mean Sylvia orLTK or Gerald Lim along with most Chinese members in the WP and other opposition parties can beat any of the above minority candidates ,except Pritam and Vincent Wijay, hands down ?....where their intellect and character are concerned !

Gosh,you are more racist than Sylvia aren't you ?

Or your inability to express yourself have failed you?

I have said that it is not that minority communities lack quality but the good ones are not as available. As expected, you have turned the argument from minorities not coming forward to the present quality of minorities in the opposition. But there is no need for me to repeat and follow along.

There are also lousy Chinese, like Poh, GMS and a host of idiots.

PAP has got more and better minorities. Tharman, Zainul, Zainuddin, Intan etc. are intelligent. I would say PAP gets them easier than opposition. That's my point. You are free to distort my meaning.

Nice-Gook

Alfrescian
Loyal
I have said that it is not that minority communities lack quality but the good ones are not as available. As expected, you have turned the argument from minorities not coming forward to the present quality of minorities in the opposition. But there is no need for me to repeat and follow along.

There are also lousy Chinese, like Poh, GMS and a host of idiots.

PAP has got more and better minorities. Tharman, Zainul, Zainuddin, Intan etc. are intelligent. I would say PAP gets them easier than opposition. That's my point. You are free to distort my meaning.

Errr, suggest you take a good look at your own posts first.

I have no interest in winning an argument with you.In fact my desire for quality oppositions in the parliament supersedes any others.I rather loose if that helps the oppositions.

I simply cannot fathom you.Who is talking about stereotyping minority races?Yes,we are still discussing about your assertions that
To be frank, the tricky problem for the opposition is the quality of minority members in terms of intellect and character appear to be below par and numbers compared to Chinese members. It's the same across the board for all opposition. This is not to put down minorities quality, but to say that the good ones from the Indian and Malay community are not coming up in proportion to Chinese who are interested in opposition's development.

Because you have indeed said ...
I believe that all 3 races are equal in quality, therefore if the opposition's minorities lack quality and numbers, it means that a good Indian or good Malay is not as willing to plunge into opposition as readily as a good Chinese.

...and further added
. With injustices against minorities a norm in any country including Singapore, I expected more to come up.

But whatever you had said as above earlier contradicts you since you wrote as below
I count Vincent Wijey and Pritam Singh as the quality ones. Paul Thambyah is not a frontliner. Even then, they have only arised recently. Not Gomez and certainly absolutely not Jufrie. JBJ is respected for a different reason - I don't think his leadership or policy stands strike a chord with me.

Which implies even JBJ as a minority race pales with Chinese candidates like LTK,Sylvia or Gerard Lim....in character and intellect.

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Kinana said:
How can Sylvia not accept Sajeev as cadre and put him up as a candidate? Wrong in principle either way

I do not know whether you heard LTK's interview. Everything is taken on a collective basis, even for Dr Poh, who had no support from the influential members. The Party somehow wants to be very strict on cadreship and some, too bad, just could not make the cut but it doesn't mean that they will never.

For example with YSL's sacking, there could be an opportunity for somebody but if you are impatient and resign too early, too bad, that opportunity will go to somebody else.

I am not a party member so I cannot confirm that that is indeed the case but from what I gather from interviews, that looks like a logjcal assumption. Why should I want to assume anything else?

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
myfoot123 said:
May be he will just dissappear from politics and became another internet "strategist" with axe to grind and continue to monitor WP movements for the rest of his life?

Or enjoy a cup of coffee with Desmond Choo and the rest of the dissenters as reported by one internet commentator.

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Nice-Gook said:
Which implies even JBJ as a minority race pales with Chinese candidates like LTK,Sylvia or Gerard Lim....in character and intellect.

I have no comments on the minorities issue but I must agree with Perspective regarding JBJ. Towards the end of his political career, he had lost the fire and sharpness of mind of his younger days.

He rambled and kept repeating himself at rallies, fighting a personal crusade against injustice done to him. I believe people respected him partly for winning Anson, partly standing up to authority and partly out of sympathy.

Nice-Gook

Alfrescian
Loyal
I have no comments on the minorities issue but I must agree with Perspective regarding JBJ. Towards the end of his political career, he had lost the fire and sharpness of mind of his younger days.

He rambled and kept repeating himself at rallies, fighting a personal crusade against injustice done to him. I believe people respected him partly for winning Anson, partly standing up to authority and partly out of sympathy.

End of JBJ political career means when?.

After forcefully ousted by LTK or towards his death bed?

Look,Perspective define the parameter of a good candidate.Opposition or otherwise.Chinese or otherwise...a good intellect and character.

So,please explain how JBJ was lacking in these?That will suffice for now.

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Nice-Gook said:
End of JBJ political career means when?..

Even before he left the WP, he was as what I had described, fighting a personal crusade and had lost his original focus. I am not blaming him totally, with the unfair things done on him by his political opponents. But he was not that better man who could overcome such feelings of persecution.

Nice-Gook

Alfrescian
Loyal
Even before he left the WP, he was as what I had described, fighting a personal crusade and had lost his original focus. I am not blaming him totally, with the unfair things done on him by his political opponents. But he was not that better man who could overcome such feelings of persecution.

So,how does that makeths JBJ inferior to all Chinese candidates in intellect and character?

btw....for the purpose of this discussion i don't even want to compare JBJ with LTK or SL who are still living on the JBJ blood and sweat whereas he lost everything,his family,his wealth,his profession ,his dignity and etc for you and me.

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Nice-Gook said:
So,how does that makeths JBJ inferior to all Chinese candidates in intellect and character?

btw....for the purpose of this discussion i don't even want to compare JBJ with LTK or SL who are still living on the JBJ blood and sweat whereas he lost everything,his family,his wealth,his profession ,his dignity and etc for you and me.

I can't remember commenting on his intellect, even less so comparing it with Chinese.

I must say, I am grateful to him for winning Anson and breaking the PAP stranglehold, the same way I will salute Chiam in Potong Pasir, but thereafter it was a big disappointment with his self indulgence. And this is an honest personal feeling. I felt a lot of momentum had been lost.

Nice-Gook

Alfrescian
Loyal
I can't remember commenting on his intellect, even less so comparing it with Chinese.

You did notby yourself but you agreed with perspective.And perspective implied minority races(opposition candidates) are sub standard...for lack of intellect and character.As in here.

I must agree with Perspective regarding JBJ. .

For the fact,whether you admire JBJ or despise him is not the issue.At least not between myself and perspective.But if you have an opinion on JBJ or digress ;you are most welcome.But why the need to hook yours with perspective's is beyond me.And that is my bone of contention.

Anyway,I see this discussion(sic) going nowhere.We can always agree to disagree.Good Day !

Last edited:

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
There is certainly a hidden hand and this guy is the patsy.

Note the comment where he says that he can't prove it and neither can Sylvia. But he made the allegation. If sylvia sued he will lose his pants but the onus lies with him to substantiate and not with Sylvia. There is a hidden agenda. If Sylvia sues, she and WP will be branded no diffent to old man and PAP who recently revived their law suit adventures. This Indian chap will lose his pants and he is the sacrificial idiot cum lamb but the bigger damage will hit WP. If Sylvia does not sue, the doubts will remain and m&d sticks. Her hands are tied.

That paragraph in particular was well crafted, intentional and a bait.

This Indian chap has been truly sodomised and he has no clue what is going on.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This is a really clever paragraph, and malicious. Inflict max damage by planting doubt in people's mind about SL's character.

This paragraph by Sajeev is brilliant. And he's dangerous. Or whoever is teaching him.:biggrin:

:rolleyes: Brilliant my ass it's just twisting and turning as usual.

kukubird58

Alfrescian
Loyal
Note the comment where he says that he can't prove it and neither can Sylvia. But he made the allegation. If sylvia sued he will lose his pants but the onus lies with him to substantiate and not with Sylvia. There is a hidden agenda. If Sylvia sues, she and WP will be branded no diffent to old man and PAP who recently revived their law suit adventures. This Indian chap will lose his pants and he is the sacrificial idiot cum lamb but the bigger damage will hit WP. If Sylvia does not sue, the doubts will remain and m&d sticks. Her hands are tied.
hahaha...got say like no say.......lol.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
O level nia? His command of the English language would put many third world uni graduates to shame.

Excuse me the last i checked most sinkies can write good english just that for some of them their pronounciation of certain words isn't good. Btw he can get someone to write it for him. Why do you praise him to the skies?