• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Part 2 - WP Indian Candidate Resignation

jw5

Loyal
One person in WP shows that the candidate's resignation and wayang show is of no significance: Pritam Singh

Aljuined GRC required one minority candidate who was a Malay, and Faisal was that man.
But Pritam was put into that GRC even though it did not require an Indian candidate.
That GRC was key to the WP, as they were literally putting their 3 top eggs in one basket.
So why was Pritam put into this same basket when the rules did not require it?
Because he was deemed to be "good enough".

Why was that candidate who resigned not made a cadre?
Perhaps because he was deemed not to be "good enough".

Managers in any organization only need to justify the people they promote or appoint.
They don't need to justify why they didn't promote or appoint someone.
If asked about those not appointed, all they need to say is what Roy Hodgson did.
"He wasn't included in the squad for footballing reasons."

Kinana

Alfrescian
Loyal
Really? OK so can pritam or WP explain why 2 minorities were placed in Aljunied GRC while Sylvia had to beg someone whom she doesn't see fit to be a cadre of a party to stand as a candidate?

Unrepented

Alfrescian
Loyal
Because of obstacles due to uneven playing field created by GRC system lor, me ting:o

More importantly is to get the appropriate structure and balance in any system setup first. Then tweak quality thru natural selection.

Really? OK so can pritam or WP explain why 2 minorities were placed in Aljunied GRC while Sylvia had to beg someone whom she doesn't see fit to be a cadre of a party to stand as a candidate?

Last edited:

cass888

Alfrescian
Loyal

Obviously they didn't take their contest in Nee Soon seriously put an unqualified minority just to satisfy the quota instead of sacrificing Pritam Singh.

Kinana

Alfrescian
Loyal
Obviously they didn't take their contest in Nee Soon seriously put an unqualified minority just to satisfy the quota instead of sacrificing Pritam Singh.

Which means to say they did not take the election seriously and wasted everybody's time.
Either way, sylvia was still stupid not to accept Sajeev as a cadre.

deepblue0911

Alfrescian
Loyal
The first thing that came to my mind is why the need for this 2nd statement.But it appears that it was Sylvia Lim that is prolonging this spate with her stupidio statement that she and her party are not racist.

Thus kicking the ball into the writer's court.And he responded right royally--legally speaking.Doesn't matter if he wrote it or his lawyer penned it.

He is clearly defending himself...particularly about the timing.Obviously what Sylvia indeed said about Indians,or not said for that matter is one's words against another.And the fact that this Indian chap quit the party in response mitigates itself.Which turns the limelight on the timing--legally speaking.

This is where the writer had kicked the ball right back into Sylvia's court by " ( I have emails and SMS messages corroborating our meeting dates to discuss this issue)"

Thus Sylvia hanged herself by the very noose that she wore as a halo.

This episode speaks volumes of arrogance and underestimating people's dignity.Perhaps,Sylvia thought this Indian chap can be slapped around suka suka.But this chap taught her a lesson that questions her very ability as a leader.Sort of a small fry versus the Goliath where the small fry wins.Sylvia had grossly understimated the power of underdogs.

Sajeev said he had emails and sms messages to corroborate. Look at this paragraph:

My departure/resignation from The Workers’ Party (WP) was not timed to discredit/affect WP in the Hougang by-elections. The timing is incidental, a natural progression of the multiple unsatisfactory internal discussion/talks between the party Chairman, Ms Sylvia Lim and myself on the party cadre selection criteria/process in March and April 2012 ( I have emails and SMS messages corroborating our meeting dates to discuss this issue) . The decision to resign was not taken lightly but after exhausting options with the party.

Assuming those conversation and exchanges indeed started to take place In March/April, that means it was after the YSL incident and Hougang had been left vacant. So Sajeev's timings are interesting.

Very interesting in fact :biggrin:

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Kinana said:

How can WP tell a PAP man how they strategize in an election?

Nice-Gook

Alfrescian
Loyal
Assuming those conversation and exchanges indeed started to take place In March/April, that means it was after the YSL incident and Hougang had been left vacant. So Sajeev's timings are interesting.

Very interesting in fact :biggrin:

Not really lah.

Since nobody put words into Sylvia's mouth to utter such racist rubbish.

Notwithstanding,I have never ruled out the possibility that the whole thing is staged.In my opinion it is staged.But the only difference between you and me is that you go by popular-ism and looking only at the Indian chap as the culprit.Whereas,I am simply saying it takes two to tango.The other part of culprit and it's actress being Sylvia.

Till today nobody came with a reasonable reply as to where did LTK go MIA amidst all this saga?Because the entirety of this staged wayang only revolves conveniently between Sylvia and Sajeev.

We all seems to be forgetting that LTK as the secretary general of WP is the ultimate authority to decide who indeed will be their cadre.

Last edited:

deepblue0911

Alfrescian
Loyal
Not really lah.

Since nobody put words into Sylvia's mouth to utter such racist rubbish.

Notwithstanding,I have never ruled out the possibility that the whole thing is staged.In my opinion it is staged.But the only difference between you and me is that you go by popular-ism and looking only at the Indian chap as the culprit.Whereas,I am simply saying it takes two to tango.The other part of culprit and it's actress being Sylvia.

Till today nobody came with a reasonable reply as to where did LTK go MIA amidst all this saga?Because the entirety of this staged wayang only revolves conveniently between Sylvia and Sajeev.

We all seems to be forgetting that LTK as the secretary general of WP is the ultimate authority to decide who indeed will be their cadre.

Actually, I don't think we differ at all. Like you, I speculate the incident has a pair of black hands behind (or many pairs). But that's not saying that SL did not say those things to Sajeev. She could have, but we don't know and perhaps never will. If Sajeev was indeed coached or directed to engineer this, then whoever is coaching him probably knew or had confidence that SL would fall into this trap. Nothing should be surprising in the wonderful world of politics.

Just sad and worrying that race becomes a tool.

Nice-Gook

Alfrescian
Loyal
SL would fall into this trap.

Why would SL fall into a trap if she is part of the wayang?

I always had speculated that it's Sylvia who is the actual mole in WP...you may read my previous posts dating years ago.

Besides,as in any strategic sting operation of high order,it's almost always an insider job.If you read the history of PAP or even the formidable Malayan Communist Party--you would know how handy top placed moles as insiders are.

Last edited:

deepblue0911

Alfrescian
Loyal
Why would SL fall into a trap if she is part of the wayang?

I always had speculated that it's Sylvia who is the actual mole in WP...you may read my previous posts dating years ago.

Besides,as in any strategic sting operation of high order,it's almost always an insider job.If you read the history of PAP or even the formidable Malayan Communist Party--you would know how handy top placed moles as insiders are.

That's a possibility, I don't disagree. But I think it's unlikely, although I can't prove it :biggrin:

jw5

Loyal

Perhaps it was because they did not deem that candidate "good enough" to stand in Aljunied GRC or to be a cadre, whereas Pritam was deemed
"good enough" to stand in the hot basket which was Aljunied GRC. In fact, he was deemed to be "so good" that he stood in Aljunied GRC, even
when it was not necessary.

"Good enough" is in quotes because I'm surmising that's what they deemed.
No idea personally whether they are really good or not good enough.

deepblue0911

Alfrescian
Loyal
A very rational approach.I could never fault you for that.:smile:

If I were any younger, I probably scoff at people who make such a suggestion. But having see a little bit more of life and how dirty this world is, anything is possible.

Luckily, I'm just an ordinary 老百姓 who is simple and naive, so all these high-level wonders I'll never be capable of understanding, much less partake in them. But it's interesting to watch and enjoy, with a bottle of cold Bud in hand. :biggrin:

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
while Sylvia had to beg someone whom she doesn't see fit to be a cadre of a party to stand as a candidate?

Sometimes the used of word by the dissenters can be a ploy to justify his mean. SL invitation to Sajeev has became a "beg" and you fell into someone who can't humble himself in his resignation letter. If this cow wouldn't want to drink, no amount of strength can force his head into the river and now he complained about being given the opportunity to stand in the last electon? If election is not his ultimate aim into parliament to voice for the people, why does he want to become an opposition - for his school project that being an opposition member is fun and adventurous?

Last edited:

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Note his 2nd letter, a really doozy. The phrase " twist and turn" would be an understatement.

I didn't know he has a 2nd letter now. What a waste of other people time. Why can't he just move on after causing so much damage to himself and others already. Nobody cares what will be his future development from now onwards. May be he will just dissappear from politics and became another internet "strategist" with axe to grind and continue to monitor WP movements for the rest of his life?