• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Paralysed woman stuck for 2 days in flat with dead brother

ahleebabasingaporethief

Alfrescian
Loyal
Where is the care for the poor and elderly?

Where are the so called PORLUMPAR volunteers.

But, still can give money to FTs for YOG SCHOLARSHIPS. Fuck You All!

Internet Brigade

Alfrescian
Loyal
Humility is a trait lacking in everyone, my friend. You included.
You find it tiresome talking to me coz you havent convinced me to see your point of view, however noble you want to paint it as.
If the welfare workers have PERSISTENCE & DISCRENMENT, they wouldve at least be able to help this family instead of letting her sleep with a dead corpse for 2 days.
Have you been a counsellor before?

No i have not. But i do know people who work in CDCs.

And you know who visit them very often? Drug addicts who claim assistance to feed their addiction. People who demand this and that. Not all but a lot of them.

Nothing to do with this case though.

SIFU

Alfrescian
Loyal
No i have not. But i do know people who work in CDCs.

And you know who visit them very often? Drug addicts who claim assistance to feed their addiction. People who demand this and that. Not all but a lot of them.

Nothing to do with this case though.

civil serpent,

its only 11.50am leh.. haven't 12pm go lunch liao... really very free huh:biggrin:

Dmode101

Alfrescian
Loyal
CDC is bullshit. the assistance is all lies

I went to a MP meet the peeps session. I am jobless, my family divorced and remarried long ago and Im staying with my aunt.

I wanted assitance in housing, they kept their mouth shut and asked me to apply in a strange "hotel" job at $1300. BTW, I am a degree holder. They never informed me of this CDC crap. Oh, do I know that MP and CDC is different? sounds like serpent in a nest.

DID i not beg? DID i not tell my plight. DID I FUCK!

Luckily now I am better employed and moving on, but i will never forget that day when the voted person with a public mandate turn away from me.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Please read again. Talking to you is tiresome.

Humility is a triat severely lacking in most Singaporeans.

This word humility is echoing from the caves of the MIW's....bouncing out so ever strongly, together with a whisper of cmpassion, which never existed, since their existence is powered by the income from the taxes these people pay in their daily needs.

It is not only an effeort by the family itself, but also by the government..who doesn't know there are help....the older folks will know social welfare..ask them..they will tell you, "hock lee por"...

Why doesn't these people seek out the "hock lee por"..that is why, humility & compassion is lacking...not only from the immediate family members, but from those these people feed with their income...

"humility"..the word is bouncing off the wall....:p

kensington

Alfrescian
Loyal
This was a good man and a good brother. Should give him a publc funeral procession. To honour his memory and kill the PAP. Two birds, one stone, austere to the very last.

How the hell could a First World country let down her own citizen like this. Where are all those fucking social workers. Caring for the aged and poor are not glamorous enough for photo opportunities? I can't help but think most of those social workers are actually social climbers and their distaste towards the really needy and off the fringe of society are so telling and most of these tragedies were avoidable if their works are really their vocations. Some of these fuckers treat it as a photo shoots and anything with the olds and wrinklies' welfares are not their fucking concerns without a horde of fucking paparNazis clicking away.

Folks...Charity still begins at home. Treat the ones near to you better and with respect, hopefully everything good will take off from there. Loving kindness to each other is contagious, believe me. We have evolve into a bottom line society where monetary value is everything. It isn't so.Snap out from this uncaring attitude and be nicer to each other and you will be better off too spiritually and morally. Shrouds have no pockets, you can't take anything with you.

To those fucking uncaring siblings, you will die horribly too one day.

Mr. Cheng Wei Pak. You were a good man. Rest In Peace.

LeeLaoPeh

Alfrescian
Loyal
This story is very sad. but got a lot in singapore now. especially in old estate like tiong bahru, redhill and commonweath. in next few year , more case poor old people will die alone and they body will only discover when decomposing.

popdod

Alfrescian
Loyal
This story is very sad. but got a lot in singapore now. especially in old estate like tiong bahru, redhill and commonweath.

in next few year , more case poor old people will die alone and they body will only discover when decomposing.

I think sinkies are getting numbed wif this kind of news.
Their heart oledi numbed liao..no matter how, they feel tis is part of life in sinkapore.

We just carrying on working, earning the next dough and watch teebee.
nothing matters anymore.

:o :( :o

HellAngel

Alfrescian
Loyal
I'm surprised that I have to say this but to a certain extend, what IB said is right.

I used to work as a volunteer and there was once that I tried in vain to assist a low-income family (total household income was about $1100). The father was the only breadwinner and he has 3 school-going kids. He had been complaining to me about how tough it was to balance the household expenses and so I decided to do something about it.

Eventually, I managed to help him secure 3 letters to collect FREE used school text book and also applied food vouchers for his kids so that they can exchange for FREE food during recess. He rejected my offer and said that the children will lose their PRIDE if they were seen using used text book and food vouchers. I asked him how much does PRIDE cost when you have no food on the table.

I supposed he thought I would help him by getting those financial assistance which would give cash directly into his hands. He was wrong. For people who do not know how to managed their money, no point helping them by giving them money. Give them in the form of voucher or food is much better.

Oh. There are also those who used the financial aids to buy cigarettes.

First you complain there is no assistance.

Then when you realise there is, you decry that the instructions are in English

This is getting tiresome. You can have all the assistance (and in mulitple languages) you want but the efficacy of it boils down to the family unit.

When that is taken away, the next hurdle is PRIDE. Too proud to ask for assistance, too proud to call a sibling.... but not too proud to blame everything on the Government (both when help is given and withheld).

Internet Brigade

Alfrescian
Loyal
just works and earns money in Singapore but can not grows old here.

Europe is a great example of welfarism, protectionism and xenophobia.

Unfortunately they tax 50% of your pay and probably would not accept you as their citizen.

Maybe Singapore will become like that some day. But not in the next 5 decades.

Internet Brigade

Alfrescian
Loyal
This word humility is echoing from the caves of the MIW's....bouncing out so ever strongly, together with a whisper of cmpassion, which never existed, since their existence is powered by the income from the taxes these people pay in their daily needs.

It is not only an effeort by the family itself, but also by the government..who doesn't know there are help....the older folks will know social welfare..ask them..they will tell you, "hock lee por"...

Why doesn't these people seek out the "hock lee por"..that is why, humility & compassion is lacking...not only from the immediate family members, but from those these people feed with their income...

"humility"..the word is bouncing off the wall....:p

I hear you. But the two sides have to meet in the middle.

Sometimes notions of an elitist government and an ungrateful citizenry become self-fulfilling.

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
peoples_action_party.jpg

A Party of Wicked and Corrupt Suay Zais!

Internet Brigade

Alfrescian
Loyal
CDC is bullshit. the assistance is all lies

I went to a MP meet the peeps session. I am jobless, my family divorced and remarried long ago and Im staying with my aunt.

I wanted assitance in housing, they kept their mouth shut and asked me to apply in a strange "hotel" job at $1300. BTW, I am a degree holder. They never informed me of this CDC crap. Oh, do I know that MP and CDC is different? sounds like serpent in a nest.

DID i not beg? DID i not tell my plight. DID I FUCK!

Luckily now I am better employed and moving on, but i will never forget that day when the voted person with a public mandate turn away from me.

Judging from your account, you are by no stretch of the imagination a NEEDY Singaporean. If the CDC were to give you a single cent, it would be a single cent wasted that should have been given to someone else.

Its the same argument used in FT bashing here. FT steal my job. FT steal my house. Who about greedy/lazy/whiny/ Singaporean still my welfare?

Dmode101

Alfrescian
Loyal

Judging from your account, you are by no stretch of the imagination a NEEDY Singaporean. If the CDC were to give you a single cent, it would be a single cent wasted that should have been given to someone else.

Its the same argument used in FT bashing here. FT steal my job. FT steal my house. Who about greedy/lazy/whiny/ Singaporean still my welfare?

First can you get rid of that campy military suit? it doesn't ring well with your context here.

Second there's no point judging me because NEEDY is such a loose word that politicians like to play around. You know like how you flirt with a woman?

You based your policy on the BELIEF that a family should stick together and from there on policies are being mete out....well, sorry but thats the biggest insult and Dimwit ideal I everheard. FUCK YOU!

yes, you derserve that answer and nothing short of it. First, who are you to assume that every father and mother will take care of their children? If they are uncaring arseholes like you do then how? find the next closest relative and hope they take you in?

FUCK YOU!

I dont need a hand out. I need a fucking roof over my head. Some old motherfucker used to say every singaporean WILL have a roof under their head...that is until recently pigs starter to fly cos the policy has changed.

Family unit? take a look at the divorce rate nowsaday and tell me if this idealogical policy is sound. Its more like a I dont fark care you policy Mr genral in a stupid suit sir!

Dmode101

Alfrescian
Loyal
And to further add, must you be some kind or retard inorder to "ENJOY" these hand outs?

Again, another evil assumption that people are lazy so they will rather ask for a hand out than find work.......drummmmm rollllllll. well did some haughty righteous tone guy said that these said people stumbling block is their PRIDE?

So they based their assumption on laziness and come up with the very opposite argument that they are PRIDEFUL?

can laziness and pride occupy one body? Oh, I am so cunning I will be lazy and take freebies,but but, nono I am too prideful to take it.

Ever dance with the devil in a pale moonlight?

oli9

Alfrescian
Loyal

If CDC keeps moving the goalpost, every needy will get disqualified.
Dmode has a genuine problem. And if the govt has a genuine desire to help, they would. But what theyre doing is filling up the workforce cracks.
You call this helping ah?

Dmode101

Alfrescian
Loyal
If CDC keeps moving the goalpost, every needy will get disqualified.
Dmode has a genuine problem. And if the govt has a genuine desire to help, they would. But what theyre doing is filling up the workforce cracks.
You call this helping ah?

Oli9 - not only that. these crack jobs at $1300 range are just compounding the problem. firstly, even if I got this job. How on earth am I gonna pay the HDB bills?

In fact they have not address the critical policy of what if your parents are divorced and remarried and have their own kids - different family nucleus. How do you address such matters? If you are not lucky and have not found a life partner, then you are virtually in limbo if you cant afford open market rental housing. Isnt it the same as being an orphan. I believe there are alot of people from divorced parents and one way or another encountered this housing policy. Off this is not a problem to those rich man kids, be it divorced or not.

The solution is very obvious but they have never done it. If money is the issue then to qualify for subsidised rental HDB, the person can prove that his parents dont want them to stay n the house hold with written declaration and that there is not enough money in the bank to pay for cash rental. SIMPLE.

boundThunter

Alfrescian
Loyal
Singapore is capable of being a welfare state to dole out benefits impartially to its needy citizens but those in power opted to pay themselves more and disregard the poor. Does a mini swiss' poor senior citizens need to collect carboards to meagrely supplement themselves whilst those 1% in power paid themselves silly with obscene amount of loots and patted each others backs on heists well executed and hohohoed knowingly that the whole nation is being suckered and they are retiring handsomely to some other countryhouses not in this part of the world.

Meanwhile, the poor and disregarded citizens are dying in pigeonholes wondering where the hell is that once caring and responsible government?

Don't put the blames on dysfunctional families.It is the duty of a government to care for its people.