• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

PAP - start of the rot?

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
With all the sweeteners that we were flooded over the past 2 weeks due to this BE, one can only imagine how many more sweeteners to come for GE2016 when PAP has more to lose.

take whatever you can and give 'em nothing back??? :p:p:p

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Right. But I was wondering if people not in the inner circle of the WP party know who this traitor is.

I think we all know who he is but we should keep our silence instead of giving him the luxury of launching a spirited defence.

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
When I typed very fast, my mind is working harder than my fingers on the keyboard and I tend to make unnecessary grammer errors to bring a point. Good to point that out and I knew the error but didn't bother with the corrections...just wanted to move on to my next thoughts in the posts...:biggrin:

Same here. I would miss out words in my original post but I would immediately do an edit lest someone moves faster than me and posts a response to my post.

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
WP is not really an oppo party lah. According to Kenneth, WP has no economist to fend against PAP's faked economic reports and rhetoric. So, only people like him can shoot back
Sad to say, KJ demonstrated nothing at this rally to show that he was capable of anything remotely associated with such ability. His "No Broken Promise" theme was just that - a theme with nothing to show how he would accomplish that.

His three promises has been chosen with the belief that these cannot be broken, not only by him but by everybody in his situation. Unfortunately he did not qualify his promises sufficiently. I would like to see how he would honour the promise of giving away 10% of his salary to Punggol East.

metalmickey

Alfrescian
Loyal
When I typed very fast, my mind is working harder than my fingers on the keyboard and I tend to make unnecessary grammer errors to bring a point. Good to point that out and I knew the error but didn't bother with the corrections...just wanted to move on to my next thoughts in the posts...:biggrin:

Everybody on this forum will make grammar mistakes one. I just read through those errors. But if that Charlie99 want to be ngiao, and still make a lot of mistakes himself while correcting other people, and dunno how to correct people, then somebody got to put at stop to that kind of nonsense.

If I were a grammar nazi I would be vomitting so much blood here that I would leave.

Last edited:

metalmickey

Alfrescian
Loyal
His three promises has been chosen with the belief that these cannot be broken, not only by him but by everybody in his situation. Unfortunately he did not qualify his promises sufficiently. I would like to see how he would honour the promise of giving away 10% of his salary to Punggol East.

KJ is a former hedge fund manager. He used to manage hundreds of millions of dollars. You can guess how rich he is. He's not a bankrupt like his father. 10% of his salary is definitely a promise that he can keep. Likewise, moving to Punggol East. If voters don't think that those promises can be kept they're just misinformed.

More likely they're rejecting him for other reasons.

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
KJ is a former hedge fund manager. He used to manage hundreds of millions of dollars. You can guess how rich he is. He's not a bankrupt like his father. 10% of his salary is definitely a promise that he can keep. Likewise, moving to Punggol East. If voters don't think that those promises can be kept they're just misinformed.

More likely they're rejecting him for other reasons.

You are assuming he is a very successful hedge fund manager. But anyway, the question is not that. The question is if he does not win this election, will he still keep his promise? As I was saying, the promises were picked which were easy for anyone in his situation to keep. Honestly speaking, no difficult promises in there to keep.

metalmickey

Alfrescian
Loyal
You are assuming he is a very successful hedge fund manager. But anyway, the question is not that. The question is if he does not win this election, will he still keep his promise? As I was saying, the promises were picked which were easy for anyone in his situation to keep. Honestly speaking, no difficult promises in there to keep.

A hedge fund manager has to be successful in order to keep his job, so I am assuming that he's very rich. An MP's pay is peanuts compared to his own wealth.

No because all of his promises are "if elected".

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
The 3rd gen of cabinet onwards have not been inspiring or noted for any particular achievement or prowess in a field. They also seem to ignore the warning signs. I do remember the early warning signs from Alexandra Hospital and their doctors about Durai and NKF. Yet they the Minister of Health at that time Lim Hng Kiang stood by him in parliament. They are also associated with disasters like Mah with HDB, Raymond Lim with Transport, MRT.

There is also the Temasek and GRC gravy train to aspire for.

Even the Perm Sec are a colourless bunch.

Take a look at Juthikha Ramanathan. Nathan's daughter. She could not hack it in private practice and they arranged for her to be posted to Registrar of Companies. (Old name). She wanted the post having done corporate work. They had to post out a local merit scholar to Mindef to create a vacancy. She stayed in the same job and same place until her recent move to become CEO of Supreme Court. I nearly fell off my chair when they said it was Perm Sec grade. No one in Singapore public service history has stayed in the same place and became a Perm Sec except Eddie out of SID. And he was handling very important stuff.

Look at his son, consultant and nothing to speak of.

Both Simon Tay and she are the result of old man rewarding his Intelligence chiefs. Both were average in Law School. How someone with second lower can be Prof is beyond me.

And Nathan writes in his book how Wee Cho Yaw and the rest of the tycoons sitting on SPH board ignored him as chairman and made company decisions before the actual board meeting. He still does not get the equation and why he chair of SPH.

She never did anything, same place her entire public service career and she is now Perm Sec Grade. Disgraceful. Imagine what will Boggars, JY Pillay, Sim, Lim Siong Guan think.

The rot was already clear in 2011 when they presented their slate of candidates. Look at the thoroughly pathetic and uninspiring lineup in the current Cabinet. The by now constant leaks of systemic, endemic corruption within the party and civil service. They are in major atrophy and Sinkies are daft fucking idiots if they think this lot has anything at all in common with the PAP of the 60s and 70s.

Last edited:

metalmickey

Alfrescian
Loyal
This BE will be a hint of things to come.

Moderate scenario: PAP wins with less than 55%.
Optimistic scenario: PAP wins with less than 50%.
Really optimistic scenario: WP wins.

Kenna sai off by so much.

Actual outcome:

Really really optimistic scenario: WP wins by a margin of 10%.