• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

PAP - start of the rot?

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
How can that be? Tin was there to poison woody. LHL knew that woody will likely outlast LKY and therefore is a threat. LHL thought is that it is worthwhile to sacrifice a little to damage woody, but his miscalculated that tin effect is so strong that it permanently damages the pap image of top notch candidates that is better than anyone that opposition can offer.

If that is the case, the PAP is really gone. Don't have to do very much to help it further.

Last edited:

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Speaking and writing good English is very significant for effective communications, and is also a key success factor.

metalmickey

Alfrescian
Loyal
Speaking and writing good English is very significant for effective communications, and is also a key success factor.

What the fuck are you talking about.

Speaking and writing good English is very important (not significant) for effective communication (not communications). You don't say "key success factor". What are you trying to succeed in? In life? In communicating? In your career?

I'll tell you what is important in communication. It is the lack of ambiguity and the clarity of thought. It is not the lack of grammar mistakes.

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
What the fuck are you talking about.

Speaking and writing good English is very important (not significant) for effective communication (not communications). You don't say "key success factor". What are you trying to succeed in? In life? In communicating? In your career?

I'll tell you what is important in communication. It is the lack of ambiguity and the clarity of thought. It is not the lack of grammar mistakes.

And I was not even trying to correct you.
So be it, you are entitled to your opinion.
Have a good day (evening).

Last edited:

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The problem with PAP's recruitment process is a reluctance to take risk on an unknown candidate, no matter how brilliant. So you see people who are related to this person or that. There seems to be a strong need to maintain the status quo in political positioning and view of social development.

With the way such people are recruited in for maintaining the status quo, how can they come out with the necessary appropriate changes. On the other hand, good people with their own minds to do things would not have been free rein to exercise their talent. They will, of course, not join the PAP.

Last edited:

tangugu

Alfrescian
Loyal
KJ tarnished himself by participating in this BE. He makes himself an opportunist. CSJ was smart enough to sit out after the negative feedbacks on the net. DL is a PAP mole.
Yes, DL is a PAP mole. It wasn't obvious in GE2011, but it's crystal clear in this by-election.

As WP expands and recruits more people, it must look out for such people in the midst.

Btw, Low Thia Khiang spoke about a 小人 (small people) in his first rally on 19 Jan 2013. Does anybody know who this person is who tried to sabotage WP?

Last edited:

metalmickey

Alfrescian
Loyal
words in BOLD print is my emphasis

lack of confidence rather lack of confident

not to the extent (noun) of helping them rather than not to the extend (verb) of helping them

not to criticise one another (2 or more parties) rather than not to criticise each other (2 persons or 2 parties)

Are you sure you want to be correcting other people's grammar mistakes?

There is nothing wrong in the mistakes that you have pointed out in myfoot123's posts. But:

instead of "words in BOLD print is my emphasis" it is "emphasis is mine" or - since everybody can see the original why bother mentioning this.

Lack of confidence rather THAN lack of confident.

And other mistakes that you have missed out:

"Thus GRC swing voters were sitting along the fence whether or not to vote for opposition due to skepticism or lack of confident resulted in wide GRC margin disparity against the ruling party. " should be rewritten as:

"Thus swing voters in GRCs were undecided as to whether to vote for opposition, due to skepticism or lack of confidence in them. This resulted in a wide margin of loss against the ruling party (in the GRCs)." because:
1. it is "sitting on the fence" not "sitting along the fence".
2. you only use "sitting on the fence" when you are ending the sentence with it. Technically you cannot be "sitting on the fence" while voting because that would mean you are spoiling your vote. What he really means is that those people who were swing voters voted for the PAP, not the opposition.
3. "disparity in numbers" means numbers that ought to be the same are very different. What he should have said is that the margin of victory for the PAP is wider. Disparity and margin are not the same thing.

Without further comment, the rest of this post should read:

"In the SMCs, the margin of loss for the opposition was smaller. While still skeptical about the opposition, people believed that the opposition could manage a small town.

During the 2016 election, it will be a different scenario, more favourable towards the opposition parties. By then, WP would have proven that opposition parties can manage a GRC independently. This would give swing voters more confidence than in 2011.

Png Eng Huat last PE rally also gave assurances to other opposition parties with regards to managing GRCs. He hinted that WP will always place public interests above party interests. Thus, should any other opposition win a GRC, I believe WP will pass them the know-how or even help them out in setting up systems to run non-PAP town councils, although not to the extent of helping them actually manage the town. Thus, oppostion unity may be manifested mainly at operations and administrative level. Such would be the gentlemanly opposition unity I hope to see, rather than as the consolidation of previously separate parties.

My point is, opposition parties should not engage in multi-corner fights with more than three contestants. They should not to criticise each other at the rally but rather focus on diluting PAP power. If other opposition parties win, WP will not begrudge them but may instead even share operational knowledge with them.

KJ was not very wise for criticising WP at the PE rally. Someday he may need WP knowledge to run his town when PAP decides to terminate the systems with only one month's notice."

If you read closely I have corrected way more than 20 grammar mistakes. People are always getting their grammar wrong in this forum but I don't care, I don't go around correcting people so long as I get the point.

loneshark

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes, DL is a PAP mole. It wasn't obvious in GE2011, but it's crystal clear in this by-election.

As WP expands and recruits more people, it must look out for such people in the midst.

Btw, Low Thia Khiang spoke about a 小人 (small people) in his first rally on 19 Jan 2013. Does anybody know who this person is who tried to sabotage WP?

小人 refers to the secret squirrel, or someone else? Hmm...

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

When I typed very fast, my mind is working harder than my fingers on the keyboard and I tend to make unnecessary grammer errors to bring a point. Good to point that out and I knew the error but didn't bother with the corrections...just wanted to move on to my next thoughts in the posts...:biggrin:

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

LTK will not mention names. Otherwise the 小人 will yelp all over cyberspace.

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal
KJ tarnished himself by participating in this BE. He makes himself an opportunist. CSJ was smart enough to sit out after the negative feedbacks on the net. DL is a PAP mole.

I do not believe CSJ had wanted to withdraw. It seems more likely that he was pressured and cornered to step down as he could not get the full support from his own CEC. A few of his capable cadres should take the initiative to resign and join the NSP. From my observation, the only 2 worthy opposition parties to consider are only the WP and NSP.

Last edited:

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I do not believe CSJ had wanted to withdraw. It seems more likely that he was pressured and cornered to step down as he could not get the full support from his own CEC. A few of his capable cadres should take the initiative to resign and join the NSP. From my observation, the only 2 worthy opposition parties to consider are only the WP and NSP.

The pressure came mainly from netizens, bloggers and also negative reports from msm. The CEC felt the heat and decided not to pursue SDP's proposal to avoid making themselves a laughing stock in the political arena. NSP? so far they are too silent on almost everything I thought their party was disbanded.

Last edited:

metalmickey

Alfrescian
Loyal
LTK will not mention names. Otherwise the 小人 will yelp all over cyberspace.

Why was DL a mole? Why was DL sent in to help ensure that Michael Palmer got elected? Why Michael Palmer? Why didn't they try to sabo some other SMC? Like Potong Pasir? Like Joo Chiat?

Then you could say that KJ is also a mole. Coincidently SDA was lined up against Teo Chee Hean in Pasir Ris Punggol, and RP was lined up against Lee Hsien Loong, as though they wanted to make sure that those two would not get voted out.

As for xiao ren, I'm sure that there are more than one xiao ren in wp. A lot of people are urged to fight hard for the cause, but in the end only a few will rise to the top. There was this Liverpool documentary, and their manager said that he had written the names of "three people who will let us down" in three envelopes and sealed them at the beginning of the season. It was a ploy to play mind games with his players.

wwabbit

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
LHL is upset with his former principal secretary for the Tin Pei Lin fiasco! She got in and by her mediocrity, ruined her husband's career. It will be a matter of time before he will be asked to leave the civil service and Tin will be asked to step down to make way for better talents.

Actually he got promoted from PPS to PS soon after GE2011

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
When I typed very fast, my mind is working harder than my fingers on the keyboard and I tend to make unnecessary grammer errors to bring a point. Good to point that out and I knew the error but didn't bother with the corrections...just wanted to move on to my next thoughts in the posts...:biggrin:

Ok, fine. Thank you.

Conqueror

Alfrescian
Loyal
Tours R US

only 2 worthy opposition parties to consider are only the WP and NSP.

WP is not really an oppo party lah. According to Kenneth, WP has no economist to fend against PAP's faked economic reports and rhetoric. So, only people like him can shoot back while Low and his stooges can continue to warm those seats, upping their masters' astronomical salaries and keep quiet till the next GE comes along. A Teochew clan or association which is only interested in hosting tours will not go far. WP wants to tag along with PAP without any serious issue involved. This is definitely not an oppo stance. Perhaps, half baked.

Chee is no tactician, this is a liability for his political career if there's any. He has yet to understand the shallowness of his own countrymen. 新加坡人无知。

NSP has a constitution of a motley crew. It takes time to settle down.

Chiam dies, the end of the dynasty.

sense

Alfrescian
Loyal
Here is the latest buzz in PAP Town - They actually think that not only East Coast is going to fall in 2016 but others wards are expected to fall, at least 2 more. With the 4 presented by WP, one does get the picture.

With all the sweeteners that we were flooded over the past 2 weeks due to this BE, one can only imagine how many more sweeteners to come for GE2016 when PAP has more to lose.