• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat PAP Is Afraid

Kopi0Kosong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Been doing a lot of kopi sessions since a long time back. Truth be told, it was a lot easier to get folks to see the mis-steps of the PAP in the late 80s, e.g. the introduction of GRCs, and later in GE06 & GE11. Post GE15 period, I'm like going through a period of drought- folks giving in to the narratives of Pioneer Gen, Merdeka Gen, CHAS and what-have-you...

Sian-one-half you know?

Would it be easier if the candidate you are campaigning for were to be of a higher potential or your party of greater visibility or credibility?

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
Would it be easier if the candidate you are campaigning for were to be of a higher potential or your party of greater visibility or credibility?

I merely offered the folks with different viewpoints on our state of affairs, if it resonates with them, it's all good. If it doesn't resonate with them, I'm cool with it too.

I do not believe in a single-party or two-parties system. Pull my records here in SBF and check, have always been an advocate for a coalition government, the true Swiss standard of governance. :coffee::coffee::coffee:

Kopi0Kosong

Alfrescian
Loyal
I merely offered the folks with different viewpoints on our state of affairs, if it resonates with them, it's all good. If it doesn't resonate with them, I'm cool with it too.

I do not believe in a single-party or two-parties system. Pull my records here in SBF and check, have always been an advocate for a coalition government, the true Swiss standard of governance. :coffee::coffee::coffee:

I firmly believe many Singaporeans think likewise.. This fact is omnipresent in our country's history, even till today. I sincerely wish more and more could be done to reassure Singaporeans to allow them to vote confidently.

Kopi0Kosong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Let's get real. The pap isn't afraid. Why should it be when it controls everything and every aspect of sinkie lives? They are merely flexing their muscle, because they have it and they can.

If so then why the merrygandering? Why is there a need to manipulate and cheat? We see this not just in Singapore but also in our neighbouring countries and even in the superpower USA. Politics is dirty. Deal with it appropriately and it becomes a double-edged sword. The important question is not on the WHY but on the HOW?

Kopi0Kosong

Alfrescian
Loyal
We are the minority, bro... I kid you not.

Agree, as at NOW based on the past. The question is WHY? Why are Singaporeans apprehensive about voting for what they feel is better?
Lack of confidence? WHY and then the WHAT and the HOW? It's never easy. Likewise, let the FEAR continue to permeate within the ruLEEng party and let them not have it easy too. Soldier on from within and without the self, the party and the country. Everyone needs REASSURANCE. Politics is all about PEOPLE. FEAR?
You have my vote of confidence. Cheers.

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
If so then why the merrygandering? Why is there a need to manipulate and cheat? We see this not just in Singapore but also in our neighbouring countries and even in the superpower USA. Politics is dirty. Deal with it appropriately and it becomes a double-edged sword. The important question is not on the WHY but on the HOW?
I suppose gerrymandering is an acceptable political weapon to harness more votes. The party is strong enough to use it. We hate it, but sadly there is nothing we can do.

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal
FT and 70% not afraid even if Pinky reveals he is gay, Ho makes another big loss, etc. They die die vote PAP.

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Agree, as at NOW based on the past. The question is WHY? Why are Singaporeans apprehensive about voting for what they feel is better?
Lack of confidence? WHY and then the WHAT and the HOW? It's never easy. Likewise, let the FEAR continue to permeate within the ruLEEng party and let them not have it easy too. Soldier on from within and without the self, the party and the country. Everyone needs REASSURANCE. Politics is all about PEOPLE. FEAR?
You have my vote of confidence. Cheers.

Sinkies are rational voters. Younger voters will vote for a SAF scholar before they vote for a nobody likes fat oppie Desmond.

Older voters will remember PAP leading sinkies from 3rd World to First in a single generation. They including the old security guards and table cleaners, will vote for PAP.

When half the voters are earning $4.5k a month, most will vote for the status quo.

We are not the West, where voters there are irrational most of the time and will vote for new upstarts. Macron is a good example. He will never be voted into office in Singapore.

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sinkies are rational voters. Younger voters will vote for a SAF scholar before they vote for a nobody likes fat oppie Desmond.

Older voters will remember PAP leading sinkies from 3rd World to First in a single generation. They including the old security guards and table cleaners, will vote for PAP.

When half the voters are earning $4.5k a month, most will vote for the status quo.

We are not the West, where voters there are irrational most of the time and will vote for new upstarts. Macron is a good example. He will never be voted into office in Singapore.

Sinkies are clever than you rapist motherfucker.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Sure rational enough to kill off the next generation...

Kopi0Kosong

Alfrescian
Loyal
I suppose gerrymandering is an acceptable political weapon to harness more votes. The party is strong enough to use it. We hate it, but sadly there is nothing we can do.

Well, the King decides and acts.
The King is always right unless the people collecthiefLEE voice out their displeasure and disagreement.
This is never possible in today's Singapore as that citizenry right has been LEEmoved.
The onLEE citizenry right available to the people is to vote out the manipulative and $$$elf-$$$erving LEEders at a General Election, provided there is no further Stage to Fit and Fix.

Kopi0Kosong

Alfrescian
Loyal

LOL...clear reflection of how the arrogant ruling LEEders have always taken Singaporeans as domesLEEcated cows for milking and be LEeD by the noses.

glockman

Old Fart
Asset

Comparing a scholar general, no mater how useless he is, to bottom of the barrel Desmond is hardly fair. Even I weep everytime I hear him speak and would feel like I have committed a big sin against the country if I were to ever vote for him. Please compare apples to apples. There are others of comparable caliber or even better qualified than the pap.

Older voters are comng to the realisation that they have been severely short-changed. Their obedience have not been rewarded, their trust have been misplaced. They look at their worthless HDB flats, the struggle of their children, the influx of FTs, etc. and realised the pap does not have their best interest at heart anymore. Only the daft ones would still vote for the pap. Those are really dumb fuck oldies.

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
Well, the King decides and acts.
The King is always right unless the people collecthiefLEE voice out their displeasure and disagreement.
This is never possible in today's Singapore as that citizenry right has been LEEmoved.
The onLEE citizenry right available to the people is to vote out the manipulative and $$$elf-$$$erving LEEders at a General Election, provided there is no further Stage to Fit and Fix.
The citizenry must grow some courage in order for sinkieland to see better days. Else, we move closer and closer to a deep dark abyss.