• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

One Place In China

jw5

Loyal
If there's one city or town in China you could go to for a 1 or 2 month holiday mainly to relax, and not for sight seeing, shopping, cheonging, making friends, suntanning etc, which city or town would it be?

Taking into consideration the cost of accomodation like renting a small apartment or serviced apartments or hotels, the general cost of living, the quality of the air, the amenities, the people, the crowds, communication, etc etc.

Please give your reasons together with your recommendation.

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If there's one city or town in China you could go to for a 1 or 2 month holiday mainly to relax, and not for sight seeing, shopping, cheonging, making friends, suntanning etc, which city or town would it be? ...
wat do u do 2 relax there? ... :confused:

jw5

Loyal
wat do u do 2 relax there? ... :confused:
Could be anything, could be all the things that I mentioned but not one in particular.
Hence this city or town need not have fantastic scenary or tourist spots.
Could also be simply walking around, reading, surfing the internet, listening to music, watching dvds, etc. Simple things.

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Could be anything, could be all the things that I mentioned but not one in particular.
Could also be simply walking around, reading, surfing the internet, listening to music, watching dvds, etc. Simple things.
so, basically ... laze around n grow fat! ...

:p

Microsoft

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Ebery 1 will hab a diff ans 2 ur qn... mine ish...

香格里拉 西藏

梅里雪山... 1 out of de few hundreds nice place there i can visit...

%E6%A2%85%E9%87%8C%E9%9B%AA%E5%B1%B1.jpg

zuoom

Alfrescian
Loyal
try those remote western part of china.

take note that those area would be usually alot dryer than what the typical equatorial guys are used to.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
If there's one city or town in China you could go to for a 1 or 2 month holiday mainly to relax, and not for sight seeing, shopping, cheonging, making friends, suntanning etc, which city or town would it be?

Taking into consideration the cost of accomodation like renting a small apartment or serviced apartments or hotels, the general cost of living, the quality of the air, the amenities, the people, the crowds, communication, etc etc.

Go to Harbin. Nothing much there. Cheap, not much shopping, away from tourist. Go in SUmmer, its cold as hell in winter.

besotted

Alfrescian
Loyal
Most of China is wonderful. Take your time and enjoy the splendour of the really huge country. Avoid the really crowded cities though.

lolabunny

Alfrescian
Loyal
桃花島,but you must be familiar with 五行八卦 in order to tour the island.

Only if you like chatting to Huang Yaoshi. :p Unless you're looking for Yang Guo, who probably visits once in awhile.

Why would anyone want to spend ONE month in a town in a stupid place like China? The air there sucks!

The activities you described would be better if you lived elsewhere. For starters, your internet doesn't get censored if you weren't in China. :rolleyes:

If you've really got one month to spare and you're confined in China, you should travel throughout the country.

There're places to go every month that'll be interesting. Depending on which month you visit, where you want to go would be different.

Surely you wouldn't want to climb Great Wall in fricking cold December?

lolabunny

Alfrescian
Loyal
Go to Harbin. Nothing much there. Cheap, not much shopping, away from tourist. Go in SUmmer, its cold as hell in winter.

Why would anyone want to go Harbin when there are no ice cravings to see? :p:p:p

It's like going to GL AFTER an AV raid. :wink::p:p:p:p

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
hi,lola,good morning! I am planning to go Shanghai for the Exhibition,do you want to join me?:wink:

lolabunny

Alfrescian
Loyal

Why can't you do these things in sg? If you omit the scenery in China, you'll only get the air pollution and the monotonous food. (unless in a big city or unless you like a certain region's food)

It depends on what kind of climate a person likes and what kind of food the person is willing to eat.

And if the person is going alone or with friends or S.O.

Anyhow, why China? The world is such a lovely unexplored place, does it have to be in China? :smile:

lolabunny

Alfrescian
Loyal
hi,lola,good morning! I am planning to go Shanghai for the Exhibition,do you want to join me?:wink:

Firstly, I don't meet up with strange people I don't know. :smile:

Secondly, why the hell would anyone want to go Shanghai for the Expo? The next two months' weather is shite in Shanghai. Actually make that next four months. June is horrible and summer is like yucks! :biggrin: Sorry if you are going there for work.

Why are you going there? I'm curious what's so great about the Expo, not trying to pick a fight with you. :biggrin:

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Hi,lola,dun worry,I will be no stranger after you meet me. - am going to shanghia to meet strangers also. To find business leads.ha...lol...
Firstly, I don't meet up with strange people I don't know. :smile:

Secondly, why the hell would anyone want to go Shanghai for the Expo? The next two months' weather is shite in Shanghai. Actually make that next four months. June is horrible and summer is like yucks! :biggrin: Sorry if you are going there for work.

Why are you going there? I'm curious what's so great about the Expo, not trying to pick a fight with you. :biggrin:

Hock

Alfrescian
Loyal

Yangshuo - it has all the things that you are looking for.