• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Oh NO! Transport Increase Price again!

popdod

Alfrescian
Loyal
Win liao.....

More Change, More Save.
More Birds, More Luck.

So encourage to change more buses...rather than take direct.
Genius.

:o :p :o

hearthard

Alfrescian
Loyal
More transfers means not World class transport system. 1 Oct is where the govt gives us $300 and is also time to take back from us slowly and surely...

monster.cookie

Alfrescian
Loyal
This is inevitable and everyone knows it. Once you see they increase the price for private car use using the ERPs, then it is certain public transport price will go up, may it be cabs, bus or MRT. We all stuck in LL situation mah. ERP increase so much so we say ok i better take bus. Then bus increase abit but still cheaper than erp increase, we are again in LL situation and gwai gwai take public transport.

No win one la. Just dont do anything foolish with the gahment charity handouts. Set it aside for all the crap that is gonna hit your face.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Why gahment like people to transfer? If I need only one bus, why do I have to pay more?

The shortest distance between two points, is a straight line, you get there faster, and supposedly cheaper.

But travelling on Singapore transport system is, you meander around to get the cheapest fares, and arrive later. The rebate system is to confuse the consumers, for who is going to audit the transport providers if they are CHEATING US?

If you use cash, CASH, that mean the dollar notes & coins, you pay more. If they do not accept currency notes & coins, Singapore, might as well revert to the barter system!:smile:

Uniquely Singapore, 1st in the world, you travel from point to point you pay MORE, you use currency notes & coins to pay, YOU PAY MORE!

UNIQUELY SINGAPORE!!!:biggrin:

metalslug

Alfrescian
Loyal
>>>they oso say GST hike is to help the poor...<<<

The PAP have been mentioning that almost every year!! In reality they did not help anyone at all!!

What a shameless excuse!!:mad:

Well... they oso say GST hike is to help the poor... they oso say to employer NEVER increase our pay to help us tide over inflation... if lidat oso can say wat else they cnot say??

The MilkMan

Alfrescian
Loyal
they have help,they give handouts.
but as always they will come up with something to collect back what they given out and lagi more. :mad:

Hans168

Alfrescian
Loyal
& come next Annual Reports SBS, SMRT, etc will declare record profits to be shared disproportionally with their top mgmt vultures!! Shit, bullshit! We voted in a gahmen who only know how to increase prices & blame it to the world at large!

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
u shld consider urself lucky 4 10 $ 2 last 4 a few days ... me, top up 20 $ oni last me 3 days ... :rolleyes:

$20 only last 3 day. How many MRT/LRT/Bus u are riding in day care to give detail. Me really don't know only take MRT/LRT/Bus once/twice a year.
Me top up $10 year ago still have balance in the card and I don't know where i have place the card.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Sep 12, 2008
EZ-link fares to increase
By Tony Ng

The Public Transport Council (PTC) has decided to grant an overall net fare adjustment of 0.7 per cent, according to its press statement.

From October 1, 2008, the more you transfer, the more you will save. However, if you usually make a direct journey with no transfers, expect to pay more.

A journey with two transfers can see a reduction of 18 cents, and 29 cents if there are three transfers. This is due to the increment in the transfer rebate for the adult EZ-link fare, which will be raised by 15 cents to 40 cents, up from the current 25 cents. Public transport operators will bear the majority of the transfer rebate increase.

On the other hand, you will pay four cents more if you make a journey with no transfers. A four-cent increment will affect all adult EZ-link fares on buses and trains, including senior citizen concession journeys.

Commuters who take long-distance rides will also have to pay more. A new maximum EZ-link fare-band means such commuters will pay an additional five cents for buses and trains.

Cash-paying commuters will be affected as well. Cash fares are set to increase by 10 cents for adult bus and train rides.

:mad:

The PTC..Pass the Cost, Punish the commuters, once again approved the increases. As usual, they will higlight on how many million dollars, they are giving out in aid, but who is counting the 'beans'?. Will there be an independent body to monitor how much of the money is paid out?, and knowing singapore system very well, to get that aid, is not easy!.

Haven't people heard of the the mulitplier effect?, the increases maybe small, factor in the rebates, but if you travel often; the costs adds up!.

Furthermore, you have already parted with your money, when one top up their ez link fare card, which means the transportataion companies, would have your money in their bank accounts, when you depletes yours.

If you do not spend the money, one effectively have donated your hard earned money!, so what so great about rebates then?

The transport providers is a monopolist or oligopolists, how can they, loose money, even if you cheat them of fares!

lastly, ridership had gone up, due to rising cost of petrol, ERP's etc., in which many had switched to public transport, and this add up to more profits.

Yet!, every year they are asking for an increase!, and these increase often happen after, the people gets their 'candies', in form of GST credits etc.., what a co-incdence, isn't it!

Most people just accept, any increases that come their way, without a protest or making any noises, what an unique SINGAPORE!

BlueCat

Alfrescian
Loyal
demostration and protest,will they reverse it.
if want to let them know the view,just goto those news' sites and post your views.

look like those taking single trip is being penalised and bear the cost.

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
$20 only last 3 day. How many MRT/LRT/Bus u are riding in day care to give detail. ...
say, u stay in jurong west, bukit batok, chua chu kang, etc ... n u hv 2 take a feeder 2 mrt ... n u work in ze city area ... or u take n express service out 2 town ...

u get can ze fare costs fr ze smrt n sbs websites ...

worse when u dun go home directly, but hv 2 do sum shopping ... @ orchard rd etc ...

Last edited:

wizard

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dun worry lah. Our garment will take care of us good good.

Old man everything goood
boy boy say good good
The rest of the cheer leaders also say good.

They are not trying to make money lah..

They want to reduce the jammed in MRT and bus...

Too much car - increase ERP lah.. Too little car .. too many pppls take public transport ..Increase fare lah..

I am not highly educated and write like ah beng. But the MP also mean the same thing lah just that they write and speak in flowery word. And there are 66% who like it. I hope among the 66% , most of them leave in serangoo garden, most of them get lay off and replace by FT ....

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Today see ST it cost less than $3 one way from Tampines to Jurong(bus-MRT-bus)
I think max will be $3.50 eg. Changi Village to end of Tuas(power Station).