• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Oh NO! Transport Increase Price again!

vincenttan

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sep 12, 2008
EZ-link fares to increase
By Tony Ng

The Public Transport Council (PTC) has decided to grant an overall net fare adjustment of 0.7 per cent, according to its press statement.

From October 1, 2008, the more you transfer, the more you will save. However, if you usually make a direct journey with no transfers, expect to pay more.

A journey with two transfers can see a reduction of 18 cents, and 29 cents if there are three transfers. This is due to the increment in the transfer rebate for the adult EZ-link fare, which will be raised by 15 cents to 40 cents, up from the current 25 cents. Public transport operators will bear the majority of the transfer rebate increase.

On the other hand, you will pay four cents more if you make a journey with no transfers. A four-cent increment will affect all adult EZ-link fares on buses and trains, including senior citizen concession journeys.

Commuters who take long-distance rides will also have to pay more. A new maximum EZ-link fare-band means such commuters will pay an additional five cents for buses and trains.

Cash-paying commuters will be affected as well. Cash fares are set to increase by 10 cents for adult bus and train rides.

:mad:

bebo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Why gahment like people to transfer? If I need only one bus, why do I have to pay more?

Wobble

Alfrescian
Loyal
because this way...ur not maximising ur easy-link card potential for exploitation by the transport company...

pia

Alfrescian
Loyal
Why gahment like people to transfer? If I need only one bus, why do I have to pay more?

It's compensation for having a brilliant public transport where we are forced to travel point A to B to C to eventual destination D.

How to blame people for wanting to drive? :confused:

JohnTT

Alfrescian
Loyal
If I remember correctly, I read from papers sometime ago saying that 4 out of 10 will benefit from price hike. But what abt the other 6? In other words, majority will not benefit. Really makes me wonder what kind of logic is this?

marlborotan

Alfrescian
Loyal
If I remember correctly, I read from papers sometime ago saying that 4 out of 10 will benefit from price hike. But what abt the other 6? In other words, majority will not benefit. Really makes me wonder what kind of logic is this?

when talking to them, where got logic one bro:(

TeeKee

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sep 12, 2008
EZ-link fares to increase
By Tony Ng
The Public Transport Council (PTC) has decided to grant an overall net fare adjustment of 0.7 per cent, according to its press statement.

have you notice lately $10 EzLink top up couldn't last a few days?

jacobsgoh

Alfrescian
Loyal

Could be calculation error, cannot be 4 out of 10 will benefit. lky's pap and his family don't have so many members.

Microsoft

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
dun tok rubbish ... ze more u transfer, ze more u hv 2 pay 4 ur total fare! ... :mad:

Well... they oso say GST hike is to help the poor... they oso say to employer NEVER increase our pay to help us tide over inflation... if lidat oso can say wat else they cnot say??

BlueCat

Alfrescian
Loyal
they give you more dividends payout and have to find some ways to get it back.
bad economic,no paid cut already lucky liao.