• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

[Nutrition Advice] Carbohydrate replacement

Cerebral

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
If you are diabetic, it is healthier to consume multi grain rice. NTUC sells the Greenmax brand from Taiwan which contains grains of Brown Rice, Oat, Sorghum Rice, Buckwheat, Wheat, Barley, Millet, Adlay, Pearl Rice, Black Glutinous Rice, Gordon Euryale Seeds.

It's not bad & costs $11.70 per bag.

If diabetic, other than complex carbs, it may be wise to switch to Keto diet instead

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If diabetic, other than complex carbs, it may be wise to switch to Keto diet instead

Cutting out all carbs is of course the ideal solution

However for those who insist they need to eat rice, a multi grain option could be more palatable. I have tried it & I don't get as drowsy as I do when eating white rice.

The only thing I'm taking for my diabetes is nopal which helps to regulate glucose levels.

blueRad

Alfrescian
Loyal
My personal preference is to mix brown rice with white rice as brown rice is quite expensive. I also personally prefer to replace a meal with fruits on certain days to satiate the hunger.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
My personal preference is to mix brown rice with white rice as brown rice is quite expensive. I also personally prefer to replace a meal with fruits on certain days to satiate the hunger.

There is a brand of organic rice from Thailand which comes in 4 versions, from Hom Mali to red rice & a mixture of the different rices. The price of the different versions of the different rice is the same, for under $10 for a 2kg bag. I bought it from NTUC.

You may want to get the pre-mix version & save the trouble of mixing it yourself
https://www.facebook.com/sukhahouse

I've tried the red rice & surprisingly it is like normal rice.