• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat This Week's Fit Chiobu - Sharlyn Seet

Pinkieslut

Alfrescian
Loyal

Singapore #Fitspo of the Week Sharlyn Seet: 'I wouldn't change anything fundamental about myself'​

Be inspired by the success stories of fitness influencers, celebrities, models and trainers in Singapore​

Cheryl Tay
Cheryl Tay
·Contributor
Updated Mon, 8 January 2024 at 12:16 am GMT

Singapore #Fitspo of the Week Sharlyn Seet is a content creator and spin instructor.

Singapore #Fitspo of the Week Sharlyn Seet is a content creator and spin instructor. (PHOTO: Cheryl Tay)
Life goes beyond the digits on the scale and your body is capable of so much more! Yahoo’s #Fitspo of the Week series is dedicated to inspirational men and women in Singapore leading healthy and active lifestyles. Have someone to recommend? Hit Cheryl up on Instagram or Facebook!
Name: Sharlyn Seet (@sharsharsmiles)
Height: 1.70m
Weight: 56kg
Food: I don't strictly count calories, but I am mindful of my food intake. I prefer a high-protein diet as it keeps me full and helps maintain a lean physique. Occasionally, if I feel I've overeaten, I'll do intermittent fasting for 16 hours, meaning my eating window is from 12pm to 8pm, which I find quite manageable and sustainable.
Exercise: My weekly fitness regime includes a mix of cardio, strength training and flexibility exercises. I aim to exercise five days a week, allowing two days for recovery. A typical week involves four days of spinning classes and one day of full-body strength training, with each session lasting about 45 minutes to an hour. I also make it a point to stretch every night to keep my muscles flexible.
Sharlyn aims to exercise five days a week, allowing for two days of recovery.

Sharlyn aims to exercise five days a week, allowing for two days of recovery. (PHOTO: Cheryl Tay)

Q: When you were younger, were you active in sports?​

A: I've always been active, starting with dance in various genres such as ballet, Chinese dance, hip hop, and jazz.
During my secondary school and junior college days, I competed in taekwondo as a poomsae athlete and represented Singapore. During that period, I trained five times a week after school, sometimes even twice a day.

What did you get into as you got older?​

Currently, I primarily do and teach spin as I feel that I can reconnect with my dancer's spirit. It is also an exercise form that I thoroughly enjoy, and most importantly, don’t dread doing even if I had to do it every single day.

When you were younger, did you experience any incidents that made you feel insecure about yourself?​

At 17, during my JC years, I suffered a grade 4 tear in my ACL (anterior cruciate ligament) and meniscus while training for international competitions. The doctor messed up the first surgery so I had to do a second one and had a lengthy rehabilitation process. It was a physically challenging time that left me feeling vulnerable and insecure, as I had to rely on a wheelchair for mobility.
Sharlyn represented Singapore in taekwondo as a poomsae athlete.

Sharlyn represented Singapore in taekwondo as a poomsae athlete. (PHOTO: Cheryl Tay)
As I have always been quite independent, it was hard for me to accept the fact that I had to rely on my friends to push me around the wheelchair in school. The recovery period made me more sedentary and led to some weight gain. Mentally, it was demoralising, as I had to accept the end my career as an athlete indefinitely.
However, this experience taught me the importance of patience and resilience. To overcome these challenges, I set small, achievable fitness goals and gradually increased my workout intensity. Celebrating these small victories was crucial in rebuilding my confidence.

How did you get into spinning?​

It was my sister who introduced me to spinning. Initially, I didn't enjoy it because I felt lost and overwhelmed. However, over time, the high-energy atmosphere and the endorphin rush after each class got me hooked.
Spinning became my go-to recovery sport post-ACL injury, as the repetitive motion helped strengthen the muscles around my knee. Now, spinning is a key part of my fitness routine and I cherish the community that comes with it.

You travel a lot and even saved up to travel for four months. What are some tips you have to stay fit on extended travel?​

When traveling, I ensure that I exercise at least four times a week, especially during long-term stays. For instance, while living in Los Angeles, I joined a fitness studio and even started teaching classes. On shorter trips, I walk as much as possible for light cardio.
Spinning helped Sharlyn recover from a serious knee injury.

Spinning helped Sharlyn recover from a serious knee injury. (PHOTO: Cheryl Tay)
I also utilise hotel or local gyms. A tip for long-term travellers: don't get carried away by the hotel breakfast buffet — enjoy it, but eat in moderation.

Are you satisfied with your body now?​

I am content with my body now because it's strong and allows me to live an active, fulfilling life. My focus is less on aesthetics and more on how I feel — energetic, healthy and capable. I hope to be able to keep as fit as possible as I go through the years.

Do you get any comments about your body?​

Occasionally, I receive comments about my physique, particularly when people hear about my fitness journey. Thankfully, most of these comments are positive.

If you could change anything about yourself, would you?​

I wouldn't change anything fundamental about myself. I believe in continuous growth and learning from my experiences and every aspect of who I am reflects the journey I've been through.
Singapore #Fitspo of the Week: Sharlyn Seet. (PHOTO: Cheryl Tay)

Balls2U

Alfrescian
Loyal
In 30 years time, she'll look just like a typical aunty at the cash register at NTUC or Giant Supermarket.

Hightech88

Alfrescian
Loyal

Singapore #Fitspo of the Week Sharlyn Seet: 'I wouldn't change anything fundamental about myself'​

Be inspired by the success stories of fitness influencers, celebrities, models and trainers in Singapore​

Cheryl Tay
Cheryl Tay
·Contributor
Updated Mon, 8 January 2024 at 12:16 am GMT

Singapore #Fitspo of the Week Sharlyn Seet is a content creator and spin instructor.

Singapore #Fitspo of the Week Sharlyn Seet is a content creator and spin instructor. (PHOTO: Cheryl Tay)
Life goes beyond the digits on the scale and your body is capable of so much more! Yahoo’s #Fitspo of the Week series is dedicated to inspirational men and women in Singapore leading healthy and active lifestyles. Have someone to recommend? Hit Cheryl up on Instagram or Facebook!
Name: Sharlyn Seet (@sharsharsmiles)
Height: 1.70m
Weight: 56kg
Food: I don't strictly count calories, but I am mindful of my food intake. I prefer a high-protein diet as it keeps me full and helps maintain a lean physique. Occasionally, if I feel I've overeaten, I'll do intermittent fasting for 16 hours, meaning my eating window is from 12pm to 8pm, which I find quite manageable and sustainable.
Exercise: My weekly fitness regime includes a mix of cardio, strength training and flexibility exercises. I aim to exercise five days a week, allowing two days for recovery. A typical week involves four days of spinning classes and one day of full-body strength training, with each session lasting about 45 minutes to an hour. I also make it a point to stretch every night to keep my muscles flexible.
Sharlyn aims to exercise five days a week, allowing for two days of recovery.

Sharlyn aims to exercise five days a week, allowing for two days of recovery. (PHOTO: Cheryl Tay)

Q: When you were younger, were you active in sports?​

A: I've always been active, starting with dance in various genres such as ballet, Chinese dance, hip hop, and jazz.
During my secondary school and junior college days, I competed in taekwondo as a poomsae athlete and represented Singapore. During that period, I trained five times a week after school, sometimes even twice a day.

What did you get into as you got older?​

Currently, I primarily do and teach spin as I feel that I can reconnect with my dancer's spirit. It is also an exercise form that I thoroughly enjoy, and most importantly, don’t dread doing even if I had to do it every single day.

When you were younger, did you experience any incidents that made you feel insecure about yourself?​

At 17, during my JC years, I suffered a grade 4 tear in my ACL (anterior cruciate ligament) and meniscus while training for international competitions. The doctor messed up the first surgery so I had to do a second one and had a lengthy rehabilitation process. It was a physically challenging time that left me feeling vulnerable and insecure, as I had to rely on a wheelchair for mobility.
Sharlyn represented Singapore in taekwondo as a poomsae athlete.

Sharlyn represented Singapore in taekwondo as a poomsae athlete. (PHOTO: Cheryl Tay)
As I have always been quite independent, it was hard for me to accept the fact that I had to rely on my friends to push me around the wheelchair in school. The recovery period made me more sedentary and led to some weight gain. Mentally, it was demoralising, as I had to accept the end my career as an athlete indefinitely.
However, this experience taught me the importance of patience and resilience. To overcome these challenges, I set small, achievable fitness goals and gradually increased my workout intensity. Celebrating these small victories was crucial in rebuilding my confidence.

How did you get into spinning?​

It was my sister who introduced me to spinning. Initially, I didn't enjoy it because I felt lost and overwhelmed. However, over time, the high-energy atmosphere and the endorphin rush after each class got me hooked.
Spinning became my go-to recovery sport post-ACL injury, as the repetitive motion helped strengthen the muscles around my knee. Now, spinning is a key part of my fitness routine and I cherish the community that comes with it.

You travel a lot and even saved up to travel for four months. What are some tips you have to stay fit on extended travel?​

When traveling, I ensure that I exercise at least four times a week, especially during long-term stays. For instance, while living in Los Angeles, I joined a fitness studio and even started teaching classes. On shorter trips, I walk as much as possible for light cardio.
Spinning helped Sharlyn recover from a serious knee injury.

Spinning helped Sharlyn recover from a serious knee injury. (PHOTO: Cheryl Tay)
I also utilise hotel or local gyms. A tip for long-term travellers: don't get carried away by the hotel breakfast buffet — enjoy it, but eat in moderation.

Are you satisfied with your body now?​

I am content with my body now because it's strong and allows me to live an active, fulfilling life. My focus is less on aesthetics and more on how I feel — energetic, healthy and capable. I hope to be able to keep as fit as possible as I go through the years.

Do you get any comments about your body?​

Occasionally, I receive comments about my physique, particularly when people hear about my fitness journey. Thankfully, most of these comments are positive.

If you could change anything about yourself, would you?​

I wouldn't change anything fundamental about myself. I believe in continuous growth and learning from my experiences and every aspect of who I am reflects the journey I've been through.

Knn, no waist like tree trunk with stomach bigger than her chest. Bukeyi.