• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Not handsome vs Bo Tat Chek

Queen Seok Duk

Alfrescian
Loyal
Which of the two remarks is more hurtful from the point of view of a man ?

Okay, I know there are a lot of handsome and educated guys in this forum, so you may not have come across a remark such as this. Now just imagine if you're not so handsome or not so educated, which of the two remarks do you think would hurt you more than the other ?

silverfox@

Alfrescian
Loyal

Okay, I know there are a lot of handsome and educated guys in this forum, so you may not have come across a remark such as this. Now just imagine if you're not so handsome or not so educated, which of the two remarks do you think would hurt you more than the other ?

Bo Tat Chek

yan dao bo yan dao lies in the eyes of the beholder.:p

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Bo Tat Chek

Education is also beholden to circumstance. For example, a Thai Chulalongkorn graduate or a Japanese Todai graduate who can't speak English well in USA may be considered less educated than a smooth talking salesman who just scraped past high school. Even within a same English speaking environment, an engineer would be relatively uneducated in a hospital and a doctor would be relatively uneducated in a court of law.

You are what you are, you look what you look and you know what you know. Be confident in yourself. Of course, you can improve your looks with grooming and your education by learning. That's good, but at any point in time through the journey, don't let what others say put you down.

ivebert

Alfrescian
Loyal

Obviously this sentence tells us that you are UGLY and UNEDUCATED :oIo:

Fortunately for you, we don't expect much of an ex-convict like you! :oIo:

Queen Seok Duk

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bo Tat Chek

I think to imply that a person is not handsome is not an insult. But to imply that he is not educated comes across as you despise him.

But if we switch the question around. Which of the two praises would you prefer ? That you're handsome or you're educated ?

Cruxx

Alfrescian
Loyal
My educational achievement (or lack of it) isn't commensurate to my wealth. No, I won't be offended or embarrassed if someone is to say that I bo tat chek. At the end of the day, it's the number of zeros in your private banking account in the Isle of Man that matters.

silverfox@

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think to imply that a person is not handsome is not an insult. But to imply that he is not educated comes across as you despise him.

But if we switch the question around. Which of the two praises would you prefer ? That you're handsome or you're educated ?

every time i go karaoke, nightclub, all the girls say i very handsome. if i give them tips, they can even call me lao gong. I know its not real. The girls will say nice words, you don't expect them to swear at you calling you names in front of you if you are giving them money.

You give me money, I also can say you handsome.

But for someone to say I am educated, I think that is hard, because I am not educated leh. I not doctor, not study law also.

I guessed you know my answer. If you don't know means you not educated enough. :p

bodycells

Alfrescian
Loyal
You are what you are, you look what you look and you know what you know. Be confident in yourself. Of course, you can improve your looks with grooming and your education by learning. That's good, but at any point in time through the journey, don't let what others say put you down.

Yes, grooming improve looks and learning improves education.

Avoiding sinkies and getting out of SG improve Unsinkification.

Queen Seok Duk

Alfrescian
Loyal
This thread is slowing turning into a thread about whether you should feel hurt or should not feel hurt by remarks that you're not handsome or you're not educated.

No, that is NOT the topic of this thread.

Whether wealth is more important is completely outside the equation, at least for the purpose of this thread. It may be true, but it's not the purpose of this thread.

It's all about which of the two remarks will hurt you more than the other. Those who are immune to such remarks, please exercise your imagination.

Muthukali

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This thread is slowing turning into a thread about whether you should feel hurt or should not feel hurt by remarks that you're not handsome or you're not educated.

No, that is NOT the topic of this thread.

Whether wealth is more important is completely outside the equation, at least for the purpose of this thread. It may be true, but it's not the purpose of this thread.

It's all about which of the two remarks will hurt you more than the other. Those who are immune to such remarks, please exercise your imagination.

ok la ok la... not handsome hurts the most. Cos alot of thing is using physical to make money hor.... Think about it.........

hotbot

Alfrescian
Loyal
I will feel more offended if someone says that i bo tak chek. My looks are ok, slightly above average. But just dun know why currently, the woman that I like doesn't like me. My confidence a bit shaken. She comes from a rich family, that's maybe why i thought to myself.:o

When I was younger, the four women in my life, I never once got rejected. I may be plump but still can see my past masculine outline...heeheee...:o:biggrin:

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Yes, wealthy people can also be insulted and hurt by remarks of them being ugly or uneducated. As to which is more hurtful, I think there's no absolute determinant. It depends on how the person values beauty and education personally, which of course varies from person to person.

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
ok la ok la... not handsome hurts the most. Cos alot of thing is using physical to make money hor.... Think about it.........

alot of singaporean also thinking bo tat chek cannot make money .....end of the day ...it still comes back to money ...:biggrin::wink:

hotbot

Alfrescian
Loyal
I remember that when i was a teenager,looks are more important. :o

Nowadays, in the real world, being knowledgeable is unbeatable.:rolleyes:

Yes, wealthy people can also be insulted and hurt by remarks of them being ugly or uneducated. As to which is more hurtful, I think there's no absolute determinant. It depends on how the person values beauty and education personally, which of course varies from person to person.

Sideswipe

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
think "not handsome or ugly" don't hurt once you get past young adult age. ( after 35 yrs old )
"not educated" stay with you throughout your life. some peoples are bothered by their "lack of education".

Muthukali

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
alot of singaporean also thinking bo tat chek cannot make money .....end of the day ...it still comes back to money ...:biggrin::wink:

bo tak chey can upgrade everynow and then. its ur determination. of cos skool fees oso need money right, so must handsome first, make money then upgrade in your studies....

Muthukali

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Dey, so are u handsome or bo tak chek one?