• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Newbie questions

jerrycoaching

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Advice on Security issues (eg Security Alarm, CCTV, steel gate, auto gate)

Some times overdoing it paints a target for yourself. Security alarm is good but some may decide to just leave it unarmed after a while for convenience.

Most importantly is to cultivate a good civil relationship with your neighbours so they can help to look out for your place when you are not around.

It depends on individual. It's the same logic as having a wheel lock on it car.

Some ppl think not necessary while some just want to play safe to deter bad guys.

In my humble option, I would play safe by having some security measures.

Of coz having a good relationship is definitely easier than to have a nice relationship with neighbours in sg

Last edited:

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Of coz having a good relationship is definitely easier than to have a nice relationship with neighbours in sg

Not all units have neighbours...wat more good neighbours.

So is good to have such security devices mounted at our homes.

Tks Jerry for sharing.

2bFree

Alfrescian
Loyal

I agree completely. It's good to have some defenses rather than none.

I have an alarm system myself so I speak from experience that at times, I am just too lazy to arm it so it acts as a visual deterrent only :smile: I depend more on my neighbour to look after (and also in return) when I am out for more than 2 days.

It depends on individual. It's the same logic as having a wheel lock on it car.

Some ppl think not necessary while some just want to play safe to deter bad guys.

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Dont go for wireless. Any wireless is not security.
Just like remote control for auto gate.

kengheng23

Alfrescian
Loyal
Could any brothers and sister here advice whether I can cancel my purchase, when it has taken more than 4months and not knowing when I can get state approval because the developer didn't pay quit rent.:*:

Sanur

Alfrescian
Loyal
Could any brothers and sister here advice whether I can cancel my purchase, when it has taken more than 4months and not knowing when I can get state approval because the developer didn't pay quit rent.:*:

Send an email to developer lawyer asking the status of the state consent? If state consent not approval, purchase will b consider void n u should get back your refund.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal

You should be able to, check with your lawyer. Its rare for this to happen though, especially if its quit rent. Which property is this, just wondering because if developer appears too keen to refund money then it could be because they want you to give up yours so they can sell it to others at higher prices. Normally if state consent is not given, you can do something about it

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Send an email to developer lawyer asking the status of the state consent? If state consent not approval, purchase will b consider void n u should get back your refund.

Yes, agree with your assessment. Hopefully he can get back everything.

kengheng23

Alfrescian
Loyal
You should be able to, check with your lawyer. Its rare for this to happen though, especially if its quit rent. Which property is this, just wondering because if developer appears too keen to refund money then it could be because they want you to give up yours so they can sell it to others at higher prices. Normally if state consent is not given, you can do something about it

Email the lawyer in april,said developer have not paid quit rent.Few days ago went to sales office and check with lawyer,still said developer havn't pay quit rent so cannot apply,wtf the developer trying to do.By the way the property is Nusa Idaman P7B:mad:

Sanur

Alfrescian
Loyal
Email the lawyer in april,said developer have not paid quit rent.Few days ago went to sales office and check with lawyer,still said developer havn't pay quit rent so cannot apply,wtf the developer trying to do.By the way the property is Nusa Idaman P7B:mad:

Can you find out who is sitting on the board, write a email n circulate to all? Including the sales person that u bought the property from? At the same time ask the lawyer where to go from here? Sorry to hear that. Any experienced bro or sis please help :((

Sanur

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Visa Considerations for Living in JB?

Hello,

I am just saving and preparing the money 500K RM to buy a house. When I buy it, should I exchange the whole 500K with SGD all at once or should I buy a little at a time to get a better exchange rate? I feel like a forex dealer.... Say, I got 3 months to pay up the full amount?

Think not advisable to bring so much cash, rather
TT the money.

kengheng23

Alfrescian
Loyal
Can you find out who is sitting on the board, write a email n circulate to all? Including the sales person that u bought the property from? At the same time ask the lawyer where to go from here? Sorry to hear that. Any experienced bro or sis please help :((

Thanks wuqi and sanur for all the info,have just received email from uem office that quit rent already paid.Waiting to submit the state consent again.

tyronecatania

Hii.

Hii.*

I am new in this forums and wanted to get some klnowledgs and also wanted my kowledge in this forum sites.. I am very glad to join this forums.. I hope T can get more and more knowledge from thiossite..

Regards
tyrone

Booga

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Housing maintenance incurred for staying in Horizon Hills.. anything i missed out

9 Jun 2012

'Selamatkah rumah yang ingin kami diami?'
Pemilik hartanah Horizon Hills di Johor mahu jaminan pemaju lepas dua insiden struktur runtuh
Oleh
SAINI SALLEH

BEBERAPA warga Singapura yang memiliki "rumah idaman" di estet perumahan mewah Horizon Hills di Johor Bahru mahu pihak pemaju memberi jaminan bahawa rumah yang mereka diami adalah selamat.

Mereka juga mahu pihak pemaju - Horizon Hills Development Sdn Bhd - menjalankan pemeriksaan menyeluruh untuk memastikan dua kejadian struktur rumah runtuh di estet tersebut baru-baru ini tidak berulang.

Ini perlu demi menjaga nama baik syarikat pemaju dan mengembalikan keyakinan warga asing, termasuk rakyat Singapura, yang membentuk sebilangan besar pembeli hartanah mewah itu.

Salah seorang daripada mereka yang hanya mengenalkan dirinya sebagai Encik Ang, 48 tahun, berkata jubin rumah jirannya di Jalan Ambang 1/1 runtuh pada 15 April lalu.

Beliau juga mengadu masalah dinding rumahnya berlumut - tanda adanya keretakan - kepada pihak pemaju.

Awal bulan ini pula, sebahagian siling bilik tidur di sebuah lagi rumah jirannya runtuh.

"Mereka datang lebih dua minggu lalu dan ketuk sana ketuk sini, tetapi hingga sekarang saya belum tahu hasil pemeriksaan itu.

"Saya mahu jawapan daripada pihak pemaju sama ada rumah saya dan rumah-rumah pemilik lain selamat didiami,'' kata Encik Ang, seorang pekerja dalam bidang teknologi maklumat.

Rumahnya yang dibeli dengan harga lebih RM600,000 ($245,000) sekitar tiga tahun lalu itu kini disewakan kepada sebuah keluarga Australia.

Laporan Berita Harian pada Mei 2010 menunjukkan bahawa 50 peratus pembeli Horizon Hills adalah warga Singapura dengan 20 peratus daripadanya adalah orang Melayu.

Antara tarikan estet Horizon Hills itu ialah reputasi dan jenama firma pemaju yang baik, khidmat sistem keselamatan, lokasi strategik dan dekat dengan Singapura selain daripada rekaan dan konsep yang menarik.

Estet perumahan mewah berstatus pegangan kekal di Nusajaya itu, yang dikatakan antara terbaik di Johor Bahru, terletak dalam kawasan pembangunan Iskandar Malaysia.

Lantaran itu harga hartanah di situ telah naik antara 10 dengan 15 peratus setiap tahun meskipun hanya empat daripada 13 kawasan pembangunannya seluas 1,200 hektar telah dibangunkan.

Seorang lagi warga Singapura yang hanya mahu dikenali sebagai Encik Kamal, 48 tahun, berkata dua kejadian itu mungkin terpencil tetapi pihak pemaju tidak boleh mengambil ringan.

"Kami tak tahu punca sebenar kededua kejadian itu dan menjadi tanggungjawab pihak pemaju menerangkannya kepada penduduk untuk menghilangkan kebimbangan mereka.

"Kami beli rumah di estet ini atas kepercayaan estet perumahan ini dibangunkan oleh sebuah syarikat pemaju terkemuka Malaysia dan terkenal dengan mutu binaan yang tinggi!'' tambah peniaga yang menetap di Bedok dan berulang-alik hujung minggu ke rumahnya Horizon Hills itu.

http://cyberita.asia1.com.sg/singapura/selamatkah-rumah-yang-ingin-kami-diami

As reported in BH paper regarding structural defects in some of the residents home at HH.

OMG! I think now i might need to reconsider buying a house in HH : (

STUCK_HERE

Alfrescian
Loyal

Hello,

I am just saving and preparing the money 500K RM to buy a house. When I buy it, should I exchange the whole 500K with SGD all at once or should I buy a little at a time to get a better exchange rate? I feel like a forex dealer.... Say, I got 3 months to pay up the full amount?

Think not advisable to bring so much cash, rather
TT the money.

I'm just waiting for my 5 years MOP to be up with HDB. Meantime within this 5 years, I intend to rent first. I must build up my hobbies like photography, jogging, driving, computer gaming (but the lag there is great, I can't heal properly, so maybe I give this up).

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Re: Housing maintenance incurred for staying in Horizon Hills.. anything i missed out

OMG! I think now i might need to reconsider buying a house in HH : (

Actually that report was classic. If you don't come back to maintain your place or contractors worked on installing antenna, etc on your roof and accidentally damages it, collapse will happen if enough rain water built up over time. (wooden part of the ceiling(not the actual roof)

This happens to every development.

Most who don't know will just say its roof collapse, some guys even posted that people in HH should prop their houses with their hands to ensure it doesn't collapse. Now he is using defect and interest rates here to justify not buying landed and in the end but he still bought a condo here instead.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal

I'm just waiting for my 5 years MOP to be up with HDB. Meantime within this 5 years, I intend to rent first. I must build up my hobbies like photography, jogging, driving, computer gaming (but the lag there is great, I can't heal properly, so maybe I give this up).

Do come out here, don't need to buy or even rent if it doesn't suit you. Lots to do here. Just find a nice hotel you like and come out here every other weekend or something to do what you like. Computer gaming is ok but you need to find lan gaming centre using Unifi or Streamyx.