• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

New developments to share

Funniman

Alfrescian
Loyal
I was at the East Ledang sales office 3 days ago. Very nice entrance but cannot enter. Security very tight. Sales told 4 plots of land for Malaysian still available.

I saw a lot of people in the video for ledang heights.

Can we enter as visitors? Are there show units there?

Dfiris

Alfrescian
Loyal
positive part of it is the change in mindset.

the profile of buyers is changing. no longer the budget conscious type.

they want a lifestyle and spaciousness, this the market I call "affordable luxury", which is fast growing

I was at the East Ledang sales office 3 days ago. Very nice entrance but cannot enter. Security very tight. Sales told 4 plots of land for Malaysian still available.

Funniman

Alfrescian
Loyal
The present rate psf is RM80 for the land.
Then I found out the original price when it was launched in 1999. RM15 psf!!!!!

positive part of it is the change in mindset.

the profile of buyers is changing. no longer the budget conscious type.

they want a lifestyle and spaciousness, this the market I call "affordable luxury", which is fast growing

Dfiris

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Puteri Harbour Community
Malaysia to make rail decisions by Q1

The government will decide by the first quarter of next year when the bullet train and the Gemas-Johor Bahru electrified double tracking project (EDTP), with a combined worth of about RM35 billion, will be implemented, sources said.

Malaysia is planning to build a 300km high-speed rail (HSR) line linking Kuala Lumpur and Singapore under a public-private partnership.

The project will cost about RM20 billion to RM25 billion.

The Land Public Transport Commission (SPAD) is conducting a study on the HSR system, which it expects to complete by the end of this month. If feasible, SPAD will call for pre-qualification bids by mid-2013.SPAD chief executive officer Mohd Nur Kamal, when contacted, told Business Times that the study is ongoing.

Its chairman Tan Sri Syed Hamid Syed Jaafar Albar said recently that several states have expressed strong interest for the high-speed rail to pass through their land because of the economic spillover.

Besides Kuala Lumpur and Singapore, Malaysia is also studying the possibility of linking the HSR system to Thailand, Laos, Vietnam and several cities in China.

Business Times reported that Tan Sri Ravindran Menon, who controls Skypark Terminal at the Sultan Abdul Aziz Shah Airport, has teamed up with UEM Group to vie for the HSR project linking Kuala Lumpur and Singapore.

They plan to lay railway lines parallel to the North-South Expressway from Kuala Lumpur, Seremban and Malacca to Johor Baru, before connecting to Singapore.

The standard gauge railway network will beB2used, where the trains would run at 350 km/h.

Commuters using the trains could travel from Kuala Lumpur to Johor Baru in 80 minutes and to Singapore in 90 minutes, compared
to six hours by road, currently.

Transport Minister Datuk Seri Kong Cho Ha recently said several options and alignments are being explored for the Kuala Lumpur-Singapore route.

He said the train could either run non-stop from Kuala Lumpur to Singapore, or start from KL Sentral in Brickfields and have stops at Kuala Lumpur International Airport, Seremban and beyond.

Meanwhile, the Gemas-Johor Baru EDTP will involve around 197km of parallel railway tracks.

Valued at an estimated RM8 billion, it includes building stations, depots, halts, yards and bridges and cover systems such as electrification, signalling and communications.

- Business Times 13 Dec 2012

Dfiris

Alfrescian
Loyal
Most important part is:

"Business Times reported that Tan Sri Ravindran Menon, who controls Skypark Terminal at the Sultan Abdul Aziz Shah Airport, has teamed up with UEM Group to vie for the HSR project linking Kuala Lumpur and Singapore."

UEM Group = Nusajaya!!

siacw

Alfrescian
Loyal
Most important part is:

"Business Times reported that Tan Sri Ravindran Menon, who controls Skypark Terminal at the Sultan Abdul Aziz Shah Airport, has teamed up with UEM Group to vie for the HSR project linking Kuala Lumpur and Singapore."

UEM Group = Nusajaya!!

not sure if a rail can go in via 2nd link looking at the slope of 2nd link bridge.

most probably the rail will terminate at JB sentral and connect to SG by MRT. if the project materialise.

Dfiris

Alfrescian
Loyal
not sure if a rail can go in via 2nd link looking at the slope of 2nd link bridge.

most probably the rail will terminate at JB sentral and connect to SG by MRT. if the project materialise.

Not too sure if this scenario possible... lets say

UEM consortium gets the job, it managed to lobby for a undersea tunnel to link to Tuas Link MRT.
Nusajaya under their control, so land allocation not much of a problem and run parellel to North South Highway.

If HSR enters JB sentral, might have land issues with existing private owners. Maybe wil have a MRT link to Nusajaya area instead.

Funniman

Alfrescian
Loyal
UEM can use its own PLUS Highway land. HSR would need obstacle free flowing landbanks. Unless JB has such landbanks all the way to JB Sentral, then no problem. But you never know...UEM would want the HSR to pass through Nusajaya as it bring them benefit.

Funniman

Alfrescian
Loyal
The recent rumours about 2nd MRT link is starting to make sense....

Not too sure if this scenario possible... lets say

UEM consortium gets the job, it managed to lobby for a undersea tunnel to link to Tuas Link MRT.
Nusajaya under their control, so land allocation not much of a problem and run parellel to North South Highway.

If HSR enters JB sentral, might have land issues with existing private owners. Maybe wil have a MRT link to Nusajaya area instead.

Funniman

Alfrescian
Loyal
I was in Taiwan during the time they constructed the HSR some 10 years ago. It does need lots and lots of straight, obstacle free flowing route.
Defeats the purpose if it need to meander around buildings and hills and trees.

siacw

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think the HSR is the upgrade of current rail track, so probably will not have much land issue.

MRT will definitely coming from woodland and end in JB center. MRT from JB center to nusajaya I don't think SG will be responsible for the planning and operation. I think recently SMRT CEO also denied that there will be a MRT link coming from TUAS side.

so in order to link HSR with MRT network it has to go to JB sentral.

siacw

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think the HSR system that we will have is the double rail track electric train like the KLIA train. not those bullet train.

Funniman

Alfrescian
Loyal
The current track is not good for HSR. It has limitations as it is suitable for normal trains only.
HSR needs wider base track.

Yes, MRT is definitely coming to JB from Spore. That is already a done deal.

I think the HSR is the upgrade of current rail track, so probably will not have much land issue.

MRT will definitely coming from woodland and end in JB center. MRT from JB center to nusajaya I don't think SG will be responsible for the planning and operation. I think recently SMRT CEO also denied that there will be a MRT link coming from TUAS side.

so in order to link HSR with MRT network it has to go to JB sentral.

Funniman

Alfrescian
Loyal
If it is the double track electric train, we already got the tracks. No need to lobby for a new one.
If it is like KLIA type, it will take more than 2 1/2 hrs to reach JB from KL, as the top speed is 160 kph. More so, the present track need to be shared with other goods train and normal commuter trains. So it might be as slow as 4 hours. Defeats the purpose.

I think the HSR system that we will have is the double rail track electric train like the KLIA train. not those bullet train.