• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Need investment advice, laojiao plse help

besotted

Alfrescian
Loyal
The market has more than halved from its peak in exactly one year

I am thinking of buying stocks as I think the market is close to bottom even after factoring in future retrenchment of earnings and jobs because I think the makret already took this into account during the selloff

Downgrader plse stay away from my thread

But individual stock picks are difficult, so I am considering STI ETF

But why is the cash 1,878 and the ETF 1.99 not 1.88

Everyday I see there is a premium of 10-12 cents in the ETF

Also the dividend distribution, is it same as cash or does the dealer tao chiak a bit

Laojiao plse help me try to understand this product

Many thanks

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The market has more than halved from its peak in exactly one year

I am thinking of buying stocks as I think the market is close to bottom even after factoring in future retrenchment of earnings and jobs because I think the makret already took this into account during the selloff

Downgrader plse stay away from my thread

But individual stock picks are difficult, so I am considering STI ETF

But why is the cash 1,878 and the ETF 1.99 not 1.88

Everyday I see there is a premium of 10-12 cents in the ETF

Also the dividend distribution, is it same as cash or does the dealer tao chiak a bit

Laojiao plse help me try to understand this product

Many thanks

I think, it best that you treat the market with extreme caution at the moment, we have not seen the bottom yet. Remember the 'freefall' no bottom scenario of 1997?.

Unless, you have very deep pockets like Oei, & plenty of luck!, you can still make money in a bad market. But thread cautiously, set a margin, to cut loss in an eneventful downturn; and get out quick!