• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

My wonderful PRC tenant, hope to see more of these here

besotted

Alfrescian
Loyal
Whoa, I advertised to rent out my Katong unit - $3,500 strictly no agent. Entertained a few viewers including local couples, angmo and one Korean.

But the PRC - working in import/export and speaking quite good English won with his solid offer.

He said he will sign two-year and he will pay all upfront if I can bring it down to $3,000. My own reserve price in my head was $3,200, so I had to think quickly on my feet.

$72,000 upfront. Okay lah, we sign the deal and he transferred immediately and we e-file for stamp duty.

Steady man, never done transaction like this before.

Singapore should immigrate more PRC young talent and PRC rich businessmen to improve our economy

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
yeah i hope he let it to 12 PRC men and turn your unit into rubbish. the maintence will cost more than what you take in. also hdb might confiscate the unit from you, if they used it for crime.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
yeah i hope he let it to 12 PRC men and turn your unit into rubbish. the maintence will cost more than what you take in. also hdb might confiscate the unit from you, if they used it for crime.

Read KATONG UNIT...any HDB flats in Katong area???:wink:

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
tink he tink rent 2 prc mm betta ...

1 bed $300 per mth ... 30 prc mm ... $9,000 per mth ... 8 mths can recoup all $72k oredi! ... mayb can get other xtras throw in sum mor! ... :eek:

Jabba

Alfrescian
Loyal
one fine day...AV...GSB...CID etc might come knocking on ur day asking if you are the owner of that unit...good luck...

shOUTloud

Alfrescian
Loyal
I would think better to get 12 months first. If something wrong, can change. Of course, if PRC tenant breach contract by subletting to 30 PRC MMs. Can chase everyone out, fuck the PRC tenant and pocket the 72k

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
may i ask how do you e-file for stamp duty?:confused:

Whoa, I advertised to rent out my Katong unit - $3,500 strictly no agent. Entertained a few viewers including local couples, angmo and one Korean.

But the PRC - working in import/export and speaking quite good English won with his solid offer.

He said he will sign two-year and he will pay all upfront if I can bring it down to $3,000. My own reserve price in my head was $3,200, so I had to think quickly on my feet.

$72,000 upfront. Okay lah, we sign the deal and he transferred immediately and we e-file for stamp duty.

Steady man, never done transaction like this before.

Singapore should immigrate more PRC young talent and PRC rich businessmen to improve our economy

Dogsquare

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hahaaa..that's cheap.
My friend's neighbour rent to PRC..one day..the tenant partition the master room, dining room, living room into smaller cubicles ...and rent it out to more PRCs..
Look like slumps..

YellowRibbon

Alfrescian
Loyal
may i ask how do you e-file for stamp duty?:confused:

Yes, you can do E-stamping yourself at Chinatown Point

stamp duty? rental got stamp duty meh? :confused:

Yes. Stamp duty is calculated as follows : rental x no. of months / 250

Note : Even if the rental is 6 months, it will be calculated as 1 year (12 months)

A PRC who pay advance rental upfront for 1 year is uncommon but still have. I personally experience one such PRC myself.

Last edited:

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
bro,he mentioned e-file, likely thru internet,which website? I did mine thru my agency office and they rip me off 30% of my commission.

Yes, you can do E-stamping yourself at Chinatown Point

Yes. Stamp duty is calculated as follows : rental x no. of years / 250

Note : Even if the rental is 6 months, it will be calculated as 1 year

A PRC who pay advance rental upfront for 1 year is uncommon but still have. I personally experience one such PRC myself.

YellowRibbon

Alfrescian
Loyal
bro,he mentioned e-file, likely thru internet,which website? I did mine thru my agency office and they rip me off 30% of my commission.

I think he meant by E-stamp. @ Chinatown Point.

Also for the rest of the bros here who think too much, it makes financial sense to pay upfront.

Actual rent $3500
Upfront 24 months (discount to $3000 per month) = $72000

Save $12000

besotted

Alfrescian
Loyal

Amber Road, not HDB

Also you got the wrong idea of PRC

Rich PRC are very cash heavy

Poor PRC are very hardworking

There will be crime but they are very small minority

PRC ideal citizen for our economy

besotted

Alfrescian
Loyal
tink he tink rent 2 prc mm betta ...

1 bed $300 per mth ... 30 prc mm ... $9,000 per mth ... 8 mths can recoup all $72k oredi! ... mayb can get other xtras throw in sum mor! ... :eek:

Headache to manage lah, one tenant all upfront, sweet and easy