• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

My Friend Said Australians Are Very Good At Sports

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
When I visited Sydney slightly before Olympics 2000, my Australian friend told me, Australians are very good in sports, that's why they're hosting the Olympics for the whole world to see. I asked, is that so? Why this that so?

She showed me some stats. Indeed, Australia has been in the top ten of almost every Olympics medal tally, all with the population about the size of Malaysia or Taiwan. That she explained. Australians are descended from two sources. One, the uncivilised aborigine hunters who could outrun and outswim most animals on land and in water. Two, British desperado criminals who could outrun and outswim police and solidiers until they were caught up with police cars and patrol boats. Unwanted in Britain, considered even wasting prison space, they were exiled to Australia.

Last edited:

hotbot

Alfrescian
Loyal
haha...canon again! latest news update they found the canon!:biggrin:

you mean during last time, they have patrol cars???:confused::confused::confused::biggrin:

When I visited Sydney slightly before Olympics 2000, my Australian friend told me, Australians are very good in sports, that's why they're hosting the Olympics for the whole world to see. I asked, is that so? Why this that so?

She showed me some stats. Indeed, Australia has been in the top ten of almost every Olympics medal tally, all with the population about the size of Malaysia or Taiwan. That she explained. Australians are descended from two sources. One, the uncivilised aborigine hunters who could outrun and outswim most animals on land and in water. Two, British desperado criminals who could outrun and outswim police and solidiers until they were caught up with police cars and patrol boats. Unwanted in Britain, considered even wasting prison space, they were exiled to Australia.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
haha...canon again! latest news update they found the canon!:biggrin:

you mean during last time, they have patrol cars???:confused::confused::confused::biggrin:

Of course. They were horse-drawn instead of motor-driven. The taxi version was called a hansom cab. That's why motor-power is measured in horse-power and taxi is called cab. You taxi-driver also doesn't know? You must have stolen the cannon, pointed it the wrong way and blasted your own brains!

hotbot

Alfrescian
Loyal
may i ask if you have all these crap in your brain? i heard national heritage board engaging historian...:biggrin::biggrin::p

Of course. They were horse-drawn instead of motor-driven. The taxi version was called a hansom cab. That's why motor-power is measured in horse-power and taxi is called cab. You taxi-driver also doesn't know? You must have stolen the cannon, pointed it the wrong way and blasted your own brains!

dietcoke

Alfrescian
Loyal

hi rams, just asking a friendly question... are you becoming more than friends with roxygurly??:confused::eek::biggrin:

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
hi rams, just asking a friendly question... are you becoming more than friends with roxygurly??:confused::eek::biggrin:

I'm friendly with everybody. And I spake the facts. Australians are very good at sports. Don't believe me, can challenge them.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
good morning,bro! i just enjoy plucking you...:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:
mean no harm.

Good get some girls to fuck lah. My Viet gal just good morning and goodbye.

Pluck me wrongsided, I'll whack you like Chen Zhen whack Japs and traitors.

hotbot

Alfrescian
Loyal
no way! I am into serious relationship,dun want any fling anymore.

And you whack me?? i never fight the sick unless forced to.:rolleyes::p

Good get some girls to fuck lah. My Viet gal just good morning and goodbye.

Pluck me wrongsided, I'll whack you like Chen Zhen whack Japs and traitors.

Ash007

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sport_in_Australia

During the late 90s just before the Olympics. Aussies won almost all world championships. From wind surfing, cricket, Rugby union, hockey, Davies cup etc etc. The only widely played sports they were not good at was soccer. However, this is slowly changing as they are in the world cup in the last few outing. Australia also won the most gold in olympics per capital and have a very progressive sports institute. Watch any major sporting event and you would bound to have an Aussie in there.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Top ten nations of the 2000 Sydney Olympics:

COUNTRY Gold Silver Bronze TOTAL
1.United States 40 24 33 97
2.Russia 32 28 28 88
3.China 28 16 15 59
4.AUSTRALIA 16 25 17 58
5.Germany 13 17 26 56
6.France 13 14 11 38
7.Italy 13 8 13 34
8.Netherlands 12 9 4 25
9.Cuba 11 11 7 29
10.Great Britain 11 10 7 28

That's ths standard to host Olypmics.

Singapore and India are unmitigated embarrassments to host games.

jw5

Loyal
They are very good at Aussie rules football.
Nobody else could understand the rules, hence they had to call it Aussie rules.