• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

My Friend Said Australians Are Very Good At Sports

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
No true-blue Aussie drink Foster.

Rugby is popular mainly in NSW. All other states prefer footy.

No true beer drinker drinks Foster. It's like hundreds of China brands if you go to China. Something that look and taste a little like beer but a complete waste of your binging time. The Australian beer acceptably drinkable is Victoria Bitter.

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
They are very good at Aussie rules football.
Nobody else could understand the rules, hence they had to call it Aussie rules.

There is a thick rulebook to go through. And the game is not for the sissy.
The grand final is this weekend.

No true beer drinker drinks Foster. It's like hundreds of China brands if you go to China. Something that look and taste a little like beer but a complete waste of your binging time. The Australian beer acceptably drinkable is Victoria Bitter.

VB is fine. I reckon the local breweries make much better beer. It is a good thing we have German Aussie brewers.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
There is a thick rulebook to go through. And the game is not for the sissy.
The grand final is this weekend.

So how's the result?

VB is fine. I reckon the local breweries make much better beer. It is a good thing we have German Aussie brewers.

My Australian friend told me Australians can't really drink. That's why she restricts herself to two cans max per day. She said Australians crash their cars into innocent pedestrians and pick fights with innocent passers-by when they drink too much, which is actually not much by Singapore standards. She was very impressed when she visited Singapore and saw a coffeeshop table of four uncles downing a crate of 24 bottles in one night's sitting behaving soberly and going home safely. She said if this happened with Australians in Australia, the police and hospital would be very busy.

Kuailan

Alfrescian
Loyal
When I visited Sydney slightly before Olympics 2000, my Australian friend told me, Australians are very good in sports, that's why they're hosting the Olympics for the whole world to see. I asked, is that so? Why this that so?

She showed me some stats. Indeed, Australia has been in the top ten of almost every Olympics medal tally, all with the population about the size of Malaysia or Taiwan. That she explained. Australians are descended from two sources. One, the uncivilised aborigine hunters who could outrun and outswim most animals on land and in water. Two, British desperado criminals who could outrun and outswim police and solidiers until they were caught up with police cars and patrol boats. Unwanted in Britain, considered even wasting prison space, they were exiled to Australia.

In the early days Great Britain was thinking of Australia as another "Pulau Senang" Australia a great Hugh Island, threw in prisoners there, there 's no where to run or escape even though you're free to roam. You can't escape by swimming b'cos half way thru u 'll be eaten alive by Great White Shark!

So no choices Prisoners make good, lived on but got to fight the Australia natives who has been living in the remote Hugh Island called Australia for million years!!

Now, today they have turn Aussie land into a cosmopolitan capital of the world.....So I believe in u the Auzzie can out run after being chase by snakes, out swim after competing with Great White, out jump after competing with Kagaroos, Out throw javelin compete with native to kill kangaroo for food!

That's why they are the Olympic Champions today!

streetsmart73

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
That's ths standard to host Olypmics.

Singapore and India are unmitigated embarrassments to host games.

hi there

1. ram, fully agreed.
2. first, we are the first host country in the olympics history with no gold medal.
3. we are also the first host country in the olympics history with the least medals in the medal tally.
4. we are indeed the first host country in the olympics history with position outside the top ten position in the medal tally.
5. now, the best, we are the first host country in the olympics history whose opening and closing ceremonies were not carried out in the olympics stadium.
6. we must be very proud man!

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Halfway through the Commonwealth Games Delhi 2010, Australia is topping the medal tally by a distance.