• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

MRTis a slow coach!

KuanTi01

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I read this morning's ST article comparing the speed and efficiency of mass rapid transport systems in other countries with our uniquely Singapore mrt.

In a nutshell, our mrt have fewer carriages, we are also much slower, waiting times during peak and off-peaks are much longer. Who knows perhaps even our fares are higher relative to distance. In Japan, Taiwan and Hong Kong travelling in mrt is a breeze. In Singapore it can be torture. We are not only packed like sardines, we are also short-changed in terms of air-conditioning comfort. Many a times, I suspect the air-conditioning is either switched off deliberately or thermostat set at a higher temperature to save on costs at the expense of comfort. In this hot humid climate all year round and being packed like sardines, I feel we are just not getting value for money. We are short-changed and it seems nothing can be done about it. Everytime we complain in writing, you will get a standard response. First class public transport system? :o

KuanTi01

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
bro I know in Japan they employ "packers" to pack them in. But japan is a temperate country.

In hot and humid Singapore, we are also not that far behind. We are also packed like sardines.:smile:

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
TV2009030418454800.jpg

I'm a Msian FT. I drive benzee to work. I donch know what u're toking about!

KuanTi01

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If this lauchio dare to take the mrt during the morning rush hour, I bet you her neh neh would be squashed and flattened. Its bum to bum, elbow to elbow. Very soon it will be cheek to cheek. Always remember, it is hot and humid and they cheat on the airconditioning too. Fares are also not cheap.

banova888

Alfrescian
Loyal
I read this morning's ST article comparing the speed and efficiency of mass rapid transport systems in other countries with our uniquely Singapore mrt.

In a nutshell, our mrt have fewer carriages, we are also much slower, waiting times during peak and off-peaks are much longer. Who knows perhaps even our fares are higher relative to distance. In Japan, Taiwan and Hong Kong travelling in mrt is a breeze. In Singapore it can be torture. We are not only packed like sardines, we are also short-changed in terms of air-conditioning comfort. Many a times, I suspect the air-conditioning is either switched off deliberately or thermostat set at a higher temperature to save on costs at the expense of comfort. In this hot humid climate all year round and being packed like sardines, I feel we are just not getting value for money. We are short-changed and it seems nothing can be done about it. Everytime we complain in writing, you will get a standard response. First class public transport system? :o

All this came out the moment that Singaporean went overseas! and experienced the Public Transportation in other countries. :eek:

Problem lies in Singaporeans being less traveled.:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

zeroo

Alfrescian
Loyal
I've taken MRT fro various country, from new york, paris, london, moscow, tokyo, taipei, hong kong, beijing and many which I will not mention..
To be honest, Spore MRT is still one of the most efficent and fast

KuanTi01

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
wah lan eh!:biggrin:

This type of Indian Express is not mrt mah. According to our leaders, we are considered 1st world developed nation with a 1st class public transport system. Must therefore compare 1st world with 1st world. All I'm saying is that according to ST report, they mentioned three other countries and in comparison, imho, I tot ours is a slow coach with fewer carriages and hot and overcrowded. Of coz, it's better than nothing. But still alot of room for improvement.:wink: