• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Most Irritating Phrases used at Work

LeMans2011

Alfrescian
Loyal
You might have encountered some super-irritating colleagues who love using certain phrases in casual conversations, meetings or emails. The phrases could be appropriate when used in the right context but more often than not, they are abused. Let me start:

1) "YES... AND NO..."
In a casual lunch conversation, you and your colleagues are chatting about world economy in general. To every comment you make, your super-irritating colleague will respond by "Yes... and No... you see bla bla bla bla..." this idiot just have to show that he knows more than you and if you dwell into his yes and no.. your lunch with him could stretch to 2 hours...

There is only one way to end your agony and that is by quickly starting a conversation with another friend on Whatsapp.. a very effective way to show the joker you are not interested in his yes or no

2) "CAN YOU PLEASE CONFIRM"
You present the financial year numbers to your Sales Director... and he does not like what he sees becauses it differs from the "impression" he has which he had happily boasted to his bosses in europe. He has the "impression" his sales team is doing so well because he is constantly being fed with "artist impression" of what they could achieve by year end... and now he is in denial that his high-flying sales team is falling short of target... so he says to you "THIS IS NOT POSSIBLE... I THOUGHT BLA BLA BLA BLA... CAN YOU PLEASE CONFIRM"

I confirm you are an idiot in self-denial !

3) "PLEASE ADVISE THE NEXT STEPS" or "REQUEST YOUR SUPPORT IN THIS"
This is exclusive to Indians... nobody has the right to use this phrase and nobody is shameless enough to use it. This is the phrase your Indian colleague use when he missed a deadline, screwed up a task, or simply too stupid / lazy to do a task hence he attempts to delegate "upwards" to you. The idiot screwed up... but tries to throw the ball onto your court.

A suggested response to this kind of stupid email is... to evey question he asks, ask him back 3 questions and the following format can be used "Why was this not done? Who was suppose to do this? How did this happen?" and if he still comes back to you, tell him "I have no answer for you. Tell me when and how YOU are going to resolve this"

Feel free to share your experience.

Last edited:

erection2015

Alfrescian (InfP) + C
1 )Please DOUBLE CONFRIM ...where the heck did this come from?

2) GENTLE REMINDER ....a reminder is a reminder ...why gentle ?

butoh6050

Alfrescian
Loyal
My ex boss, when we tell him that it cannot be completed on time will say.." cannot oso muz can".

blueblobster

Alfrescian
Loyal
"BASICALLY". Sinkies love to use this at the start of every sentence during presentations, even when there is nothing basic about the topic.

1sickpuppy II

Alfrescian
Loyal
Back in the days when I worked for a transporting company my sup would always say " Experdite lah! " tell him not enough man also tell you " Experdite lah! " tell him no spare parts still tell you " Experdite lah!"

wanker10

Alfrescian
Loyal
The most irritating to me is "end of the day". This is getting rampage. So many people using this phrase nowsaday. Can't they just use "eventually"? There is one contractor of mine can use this pharse at least 10 times during a simple conversation.

HellAngel

Alfrescian
Loyal
Insha'Allah (meaning - God's willing).

Whenever a Malay say this, it is unlikely he will do the thing you asked.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Sinkies think using such phrases set then apart or make them sound intellectual.

"to be honest"....stupid phrase means before that not honest?

"my question to you"....if you talking to me then question not to me then to who?

Getloud

Alfrescian
Loyal
"When I say NO the last time, doesn't mean I can't say YES now." Ex Boss.

Last edited:

maja06

Alfrescian
Loyal
"MOVING FORWARD,..."

No, you are not moving forward, you fat fuck with a tie. You are standing at a podium delivering a speech about your "vision".

Just say, "For the future...."

Last edited: