• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

More letters sent to TR now...

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
<TABLE id=msgUN border=0 cellSpacing=3 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD id=msgUNsubj vAlign=top>
icon.aspx
Coffeeshop Chit Chat - More letters sent to TR now...</TD><TD id=msgunetc noWrap align=right> </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE class=msgtable cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="96%"><TBODY><TR><TD class=msg vAlign=top><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR class=msghead><TD class=msgbfr1 width="1%"> </TD><TD><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR class=msghead vAlign=top><TD class=msgF width="1%" noWrap align=right>From: </TD><TD class=msgFname width="68%" noWrap>kojakbt_89 <NOBR></NOBR> </TD><TD class=msgDate width="30%" noWrap align=right>Aug-28 7:51 pm </TD></TR><TR class=msghead><TD class=msgT height=20 width="1%" noWrap align=right>To: </TD><TD class=msgTname width="68%" noWrap>ALL <NOBR></NOBR></TD><TD class=msgNum noWrap align=right> (1 of 4) </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR><TR><TD class=msgleft rowSpan=4 width="1%"> </TD><TD class=wintiny noWrap align=right>38111.1 </TD></TR><TR><TD height=8></TD></TR><TR><TD class=msgtxt>Temasek Review’s “letters” section fast becoming a forum of choice for Singaporeans

PostDateIcon.png
August 29th, 2010 |
PostAuthorIcon.png
Author: Editorial

http://www.temasekreview.com/2010/0...-becoming-a-forum-of-choice-for-singaporeans/

The Temasek Review’s “letters” section is fast becoming a forum of choice for Singaporeans to express their views uncensored.
In the last few weeks, we have seen an increase in the number of letters contributed by our readers for publication from an average of once per day to three daily.
One key reason for its growing popularity lie in the fact that we almost never censor or moderate them.
Most of the letters are published in in their original form saved for some minor corrections in grammatical and spelling errors, including those which are critical of us.
Such a liberal editorial policy is almost unheard of in Singapore, even in the alternative media.
Unlike the Straits Times which demands forum writers to pen down their names, NRIC and contact numbers, we accept letters from anonymous sources as well though we will prefer writers to leave us a name to add credibility.
Given the repressive state of affairs in Singapore, we do understand why most Singaporeans are reluctant to use their names when criticizing the government, especially civil servants out of fear of being “black-marked” for life.
It is difficult to strike an ideal balance between credibility and confidentiality and since we have opt for the latter, we urge our readers to exercise their own discretion when reading letters written by external authors.
Please feel free to share your innermost views, thoughts and feelings with fellow Singaporeans. With our growing readership, you can be assured that your voice will be heard and will have an impact.
Your identity will be kept strictly confidential and we will never reveal it to a third party and your email will be permanently deleted 24 hours after the publication of your letter.
Lastly, due to the large number of emails we receive from our readers daily, we may not be able to reply to every single one of them. If we have missed out your letter, please resend it to us again.
Thanks everybody for your kind support in our endeavor to be the uncensored voice of Singaporeans in Singapore.

</TD></TR><TR><TD> </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD class=msgleft width="1%"> </TD><TD class=msgopt width="24%" noWrap> Options</TD><TD class=msgrde width="50%" noWrap align=middle> Reply</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

BuiKia

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
This is bullshit. TR disapprove the comments whenever they cannot find reasons to counter queries about their articles. I had posted a few which they deleted it so I stop reading their articles.

Anyway, it appears to be used by many opposition parties to propagate their political agenda under fake names.

besotted

Alfrescian
Loyal
Three letters a day out of a population of 5 million, you guys are a joke

Even with NRIC requirement, STraits Times gets about 500 a day and Today the free paper even more because they are easier to read, I don't have the number but it is likely close to 1,000

MarrickG

Alfrescian
Loyal
Agree. It's articles are getting crappy and very one-sided. Their articles dun have much reasoning in term of content and many-a-times the facts are also wrong. It is just that anybody who tries to correct it would have their comments deleted and therefore those ignorant readers would think what they read is accurate.

This is bullshit. TR disapprove the comments whenever they cannot find reasons to counter queries about their articles. I had posted a few which they deleted it so I stop reading their articles.

Anyway, it appears to be used by many opposition parties to propagate their political agenda under fake names.

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Agree. It's articles are getting crappy and very one-sided. Their articles dun have much reasoning in term of content and many-a-times the facts are also wrong. It is just that anybody who tries to correct it would have their comments deleted and therefore those ignorant readers would think what they read is accurate.

Are you talking about the States Times?

cleareyes

Alfrescian
Loyal
I will only believe in the crediblity of TR if they show in public who they are...... otherwise...even the leters could be fake.

Heck... everything from them could be fake.

Alamaking

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

You attach your avatar to them also izzit? they dun like buikia lah, LOL :p:p:p:p
Dun bother to send your article to them lah, TR = junk website, lol

Airlib

Alfrescian
Loyal
I had read an article from them and was thinking they were really an alternative form of info...
But after reading more articles from them (not too difficult, especially having them in FB) I start to realise their articles are always one-sided and critical towards the govt without any form of credible sources to back up.
I believe it won't be long before they are single out as bad stuffs one reads on the Internet just to smear the govt...
To any TR fan here... Please do something and don't be the one that give online media a bad name...

kansas

Alfrescian
Loyal
Interestingly, I did read a new thing or two from TR, whether it is reliable or not, it is a different thing :smile: