• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

MM Lee: Ride on S'pore's reputation - Pls ask around

ahbengsong

Alfrescian
Loyal
I'm tired of LKY actually being a broken tape recorder. It seems that all he does these days is to repeat what he said in the 90s. And as for our reputation in China, I sum up in one word: Suzhou.

:biggrin::biggrin:... you beat me to it... lky is past his prime... he is just a senile old man...

snrcitizen

Alfrescian
Loyal
PRC leaders will endorse his view and play along, knowing that his head will swell again and pour in more money in the next township.

It's already happening - eco-city in Tianjin. Wooden Goh was there recently while Lim Suay Suay was in Sichuan. You can write off the investments (our money) even before they are completed.

angry_one

Alfrescian
Loyal
Not many sinkees know this, but sinkapore is actually well regarded in china....except for those who have dealt with sinkees or come to sinkapore. To many chinks we are still modern, hardworking, refined and advanced. In fact, many of them revere LKY.....they tell me he is responsible for advising Deng Xiaoping to open up the economy and give them improved standards of living. And they are immensely proud of their new wealth.

The_Latest_H

Alfrescian
Loyal
Not many sinkees know this, but sinkapore is actually well regarded in china....except for those who have dealt with sinkees or come to sinkapore. To many chinks we are still modern, hardworking, refined and advanced. In fact, many of them revere LKY.....they tell me he is responsible for advising Deng Xiaoping to open up the economy and give them improved standards of living. And they are immensely proud of their new wealth.

Well, I think they have reasons to pride themselves, and I do believe LKY did play a role. But in any case, perhaps Beijing has done it better than even the PAP to make the country better. Their system is still not what it should be, and there's a terrible gap in what laws have been passed and of those which are enforced uniformly without politics being involved. Still, there have been improvements, but at a very slow pace.

The chinese companies and nationals have been smarter though, and they are very street-wise compared to us- in part, because many of them are competing with western companies in a free and fair market overseas in Europe, North and South America, and in Africa. Singapore executives and public-servant-turned-executives are not as savvy because they have been operating in a monopoly system in Singapore- and when they ventured, they get eaten for breakfast often.