• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

MM Lee: Ride on S'pore's reputation - Pls ask around

mwjng

Alfrescian
Loyal
MM Lee: Ride on S'pore's reputation

Thu, Nov 20, 2008
The Straits Times

SINGAPOREANS must press on with efforts to equip themselves with skills to do business in China and capitalise on the Republic's strong reputation there, said Minister Mentor Lee Kuan Yew on Wednesday night.

'Singapore's high standing in China with both the government officials and businessmen will help you get started. But you must not let down the Singapore's reputation for reliability and integrity,' he said at the 1st anniversary dinner of networking group Business China at Parliament House.

MM Lee, who is also Business China's patron, said: 'Business China can help those who want to explore business in China by improving their Mandarin and their knowledge of social and cultural conditions of present-day China.With the recent signing of the China-Singapore Free Trade Agreement, there will be many opportunities for Singapore companies in China's fast-growing markets.We should not miss the many opportunities to expand our businesses in China.'

=======================================

It is very true that Singapore and Singaporeans at large do have a very popular reputation in China or amongst the PRC businesses.

Unfortunately we are well-known to be naive and inflexible in business dealings. We are the laughing stock amongst the investors there because of our record in failed collaborations in China over the past 20 years. We are often cited as a rich-man's naive son trying to do business.

Frankly reliability and integrity ranked way below in the ladder of required skills in doing business in China. What makes us attractive to investors in PRC is that we are naive in our business dealing but have lots of cash.

Why do you think Singaporean business have lagged behind those from Hong Kong and Taiwan in PRC?

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
... Unfortunately we are well-known to be naive and inflexible in business dealings. We are the laughing stock amongst the investors there because of our record in failed collaborations in China over the past 20 years. We are often cited as a rich-man's naive son trying to do business.

Frankly reliability and integrity ranked way below in the ladder of required skills in doing business in China. What makes us attractive to investors in PRC is that we are naive in our business dealing but have lots of cash.

Why do you think Singaporean business have lagged behind those from Hong Kong and Taiwan in PRC?

agree wif u ... sumhow sum ppl juz like 2 oways tink dey r no 1 ...

un4tunately dese ppl like 2 boast around n spread ze arrogance around ...

ahleebabasingaporethief

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ride on what reputations?

1) We are the worst "long term" investors?

2) 33,000 households gonna lose their HDBs

3) Raising electricity 21% citing oil prices when we use gas for generating electricity.

4) 4 million goodus living in LaLaLand led by Master Illusionnists?

5) $3Bill rollover in credit card debts; one of the world's highest per capita.

THE ONLY REPUTATION SINGAPOREANS HAVE IS THAT WE ARE REALLY STUPID PIG HEADS AND BALLESS CREATURES.

AND OH YES, PEOPLE WITH VERY SHORT MEMORY ONCE THEY ARE GIVEN A FEW HUNDRED DOLLARS TO SPEND.:oIo:

The_Latest_H

Alfrescian
Loyal
I'm tired of LKY actually being a broken tape recorder. It seems that all he does these days is to repeat what he said in the 90s.

And as for our reputation in China, I sum up in one word: Suzhou.

Einfield

Alfrescian
Loyal
I'm tired of LKY actually being a broken tape recorder. It seems that all he does these days is to repeat what he said in the 90s.

And as for our reputation in China, I sum up in one word: Suzhou.

When I was in SZ, I was told by more then one guy, "You Singaporean very nice to Makan" In Chinese.

In another word, we are stupid but rich.

pia

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks to our scholars in Temasek, GIC and GLCs we have great reputation :mad: We are makan everwhere... China, Vietnam, Thailand, Indonesia, USA,Europe... the list goes on.

Our private businessmen, especially the older tow kay types, are doing better. The young ones are too brainwashed by our education system and government propaganda, and end up like the group above.

The_Latest_H

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks to our scholars in Temasek, GIC and GLCs we have great reputation :mad: We are makan everwhere... China, Vietnam, Thailand, Indonesia, USA,Europe... the list goes on.

Our private businessmen, especially the older tow kay types, are doing better. The young ones are too brainwashed by our education system and government propaganda, and end up like the group above.

The best way not to end up like that is firstly:

1. Not be binded by the PAP from an early age, or at least realise that the system's screwed up before you turn 25. If you have no or little links to the PAP through membership etc, then that could make it easier.

2. Study overseas, work overseas and see the government, public and private sector works in these countries. Let it be in Canada, Oz, the US, the UK, NZ or Europe, observation and sometimes, even participation helps you to learn more and remove all those PAP business "knowledge" with time. And if you return, you would know that the PAP business system, in terms of finance and markets, are completely wrong.

Last edited:

SIFU

Alfrescian
Loyal
i heard ho jinx's handphone number is on the quick dial of all troubled financial institutions..:biggrin:

Leegimeremover

Alfrescian
Loyal
I translate for you. Do not disturb me. Go China, fuck it up like me, and don't come back to Singapore. One less loser is one more point for me. LKY is insane and poisoned with megalomania, narcissm and a disillusioned sense of destiny. It ends this depression coming to you full force, probably around Obama's inauguration.

NissanViP

Alfrescian
Loyal
What MM says is true. China is the best place to invest in the world!

Not really true!
China may not really the best although good for investment for some at this point.

India could be probably the place for investment and returns in the near future to overcome China.

HakkaThaileen

Alfrescian
Loyal
MM Lee: Ride on S'pore's reputation

Thu, Nov 20, 2008
The Straits Times

'Singapore's high standing in China with both the government officials and businessmen will help you get started. But you must not let down the Singapore's reputation for reliability and integrity,' he said at the 1st anniversary dinner of networking group Business China at Parliament House.

=======================================

It is very true that Singapore and Singaporeans at large do have a very popular reputation in China or amongst the PRC businesses.

Unfortunately we are well-known to be naive and inflexible in business dealings. We are the laughing stock amongst the investors there because of our record in failed collaborations in China over the past 20 years. We are often cited as a rich-man's naive son trying to do business.

Why do you think Singaporean business have lagged behind those from Hong Kong and Taiwan in PRC?[/QUOTE]

He must have been "zuo jing guan tian" (坐井观天) - Looking at the sky from the bottom of the well.

You must have heard about the comment of Singaporeans by the Chinese. For the benefit of those who have not, here it goes:

香港人无情, 台湾人无义, 新加坡人无知 - Hong Kong people are merciless, Tawanese people are ungrateful, Singaporeans are ignorant / naive!!

HakkaThaileen

Alfrescian
Loyal
When I was in SZ, I was told by more then one guy, "You Singaporean very nice to Makan" In Chinese.

In another word, we are stupid but rich.

In Chinese: 新加坡人, 钱多, 人笨..

Our exam-smart kids cannot survive there.. Everything goes by the book. Having IQ, but no EQ. Arrogant. Don't drink, don't sing, don't speak well. How to do biz in China..?

Einfield

Alfrescian
Loyal
In Chinese: 新加坡人, 钱多, 人笨..

Our exam-smart kids cannot survive there.. Everything goes by the book. Having IQ, but no EQ. Arrogant. Don't drink, don't sing, don't speak well. How to do biz in China..?

:biggrin: Starting from Dirty Harry, Thanks to him, now all in SZ think we are 钱多, 人笨.

Dirty Harry is only good at robbing his citizen but in the real world, he kana makan already still want to talk cork about how successful he is in SZ.

Go ask people in SZ and you'll get a different story.

PRC leaders will endorse his view and play along, knowing that his head will swell again and pour in more money in the next township.

HakkaThaileen

Alfrescian
Loyal
:biggrin: Starting from Dirty Harry, Thanks to him, now all in SZ think we are 钱多, 人笨.

Dirty Harry is only good at robbing his citizen but in the real world, he kana makan already still want to talk cork about how successful he is in SZ.

Go ask people in SZ and you'll get a different story.

PRC leaders will endorse his view and play along, knowing that his head will swell again and pour in more money in the next township.[/
QUOTE]

Spot on!!

This is exactly what he tried to achieve: 钱多, 人笨 - easier to manage & control.

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
china ppl wil b damn happy wif dese kind of tok ...

more lambs r brainwashed nicely 2 b sent 4 slaughter ... :rolleyes: