• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Matex Residence

snowbird

Alfrescian
Loyal
Is this project really going to take off anytime soon?
With the site concerned is still not cleared and fenced off to prepare for construction, it seems very unlikely.
Anyone know that whether the building approval is obtained?
In MY, you can still see many developers selling a concept with beautiful presentation without real planning and approvals from relevant authorities and people actually lined up to buy.

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
With the site concerned is still not cleared and fenced off to prepare for construction, it seems very unlikely.
In MY, you can still see many developers selling a concept with beautiful presentation without real planning and approvals from relevant authorities and people actually lined up to buy.

Those beautiful drawings just cost few thousand dollars to produce. Cheap marketing online but effective in duping buyers to pay deposit. I think buyers really have to do homework thoroughly in this cowboy town. I recall reading many launches last year but many r still not even starting foundation work. Go for landed by reliable developers is e best.

1nottiboy

Alfrescian
Loyal
1st time and the last time for me buying off plans in Malaysia. Too much anguish. From now on, I will buy ONLY COMPLETED PROPERTIES in MY. Sure I pay a premium but at least I have a place I can feel and touch. NO MORE BUYING OFF PLANS!!!

invest888

Alfrescian
Loyal
With the safety concern of the high crime rate in Malaysia, whether you buy landed or condo from reputable developer or not, you are still buying a small cell in a prison, everyday after 6pm you better stay at home, you can't go out at night for supper if you "Suay,Suay" get gun shot for nothing.:eek:

invest888

Alfrescian
Loyal
Those beautiful drawings just cost few thousand dollars to produce. Cheap marketing online but effective in duping buyers to pay deposit. I think buyers really have to do homework thoroughly in this cowboy town. I recall reading many launches last year but many r still not even starting foundation work. Go for landed by reliable developers is e best.

This is the problems with buyer, they buy on an artist expression but not a legal binding contract especially in Malaysia which is a lawless country.

Last edited:

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
This is the problems with buyer, they buy on an artist expression but not a legal binding contract especially in Malaysia which is a lawless country.

High risk = High gain. Majority (my guess 80%) gets built but minority (especially new developer that comes out of the blue) gets stuck at site fencing stage for a few years before the developers abscond with the deposits. So far all landed projects that I have come across for the past 2 years are mostly in the midst of construction or have already VP.

invest888

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just out of curiosity, I were like to find out of all the participate forumer in this discussion are Singaporean who buy Malaysia properties for own stay? and despite the safety risk, what other benefits do you think you will gain as a foreigner in Malaysia? and for those who are buying the property and hope to resell it to make some profits, is there any track records/web site we can trace to show that, there are real transactions (i.e buyer already buy from the owner and the owner really get the profit inside their pocket). Just my doubts hope someone can enlighten me because I am deciding do I want to carry on with Matex since the psf increase but the floor area decrease.

OracleMasia

Alfrescian
Loyal
At SPA stage, it is quite safe as it is governed by Housing Act including service residence like Matex. Developers will be violating laws if they does SPA without all the approvals. Buying from established developers like UMLAND had lower risk of abandoment, hence it had a price premium.Of course, for foreigners, it will be more risky as laws can change. Btw, except for US, UK and Australia, Canada (where ther is a two or more party system), all other places you buy foreign properties carry some risks.Like LKY said, these are built on Malaysian soils. They can take over at a stroke of a pen.

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal
Like LKY said, these are built on Malaysian soils. They can take over at a stroke of a pen.

But people like Robert Kuok also not stupid. They brought in loads of international investors/developers from China, HK and Australia. In 15-20 years time, China will only grow bigger and bigger. Not possible for any Asia Pacific nation to screw the Chinese then....

Robert Kuok 道高一尺,魔高一丈!佩服佩服........

graveyard

Alfrescian
Loyal

i thought the site has been fenced up and cleared up ?? saw a photo weeks back

OracleMasia

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just out of curiosity, I were like to find out of all the participate forumer in this discussion are Singaporean who buy Malaysia properties for own stay? and despite the safety risk, what other benefits do you think you will gain as a foreigner in Malaysia? and for those who are buying the property and hope to resell it to make some profits, is there any track records/web site we can trace to show that, there are real transactions (i.e buyer already buy from the owner and the owner really get the profit inside their pocket). Just my doubts hope someone can enlighten me because I am deciding do I want to carry on with Matex since the psf increase but the floor area decrease.
There is no sure win. It all depends how iskandar develops and no one can tell for sure.

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
At SPA stage, it is quite safe as it is governed by Housing Act including service residence like Matex. Developers will be violating laws if they does SPA without all the approvals. Buying from established developers like UMLAND had lower risk of abandoment, hence it had a price premium.Of course, for foreigners, it will be more risky as laws can change. Btw, except for US, UK and Australia, Canada (where ther is a two or more party system), all other places you buy foreign properties carry some risks.Like LKY said, these are built on Malaysian soils. They can take over at a stroke of a pen.

I'm more afraid of arty bombardment from Lim Chu Kang on my houses in Johor if the bilateral relationship sours.

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal

House ownership is in Asian's blood (particularly Chinese), so if I cannot buy any more in Singapore then I buy next to Singapore. Crime rates will change and I'm not a rich and famous person so the risk level is actually quite low for an average person like me if reasonable safety precautions are taken. Having said that, Matex could be a risky investment given the flip-flop moves by the developer and its agent.