• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Man shoots into neighbor's home in Atascocita because of barking dogs

SBFNews

Alfrescian
Loyal
CRIME

Man shoots into neighbor's home in Atascocita because of barking dogs, Pct. 4 says​

Russell Day is accused of being intoxicated when he opened fire on his neighbor's house with an AR-15-style rifle because their dogs were barking.

Author: Cory McCord (KHOU), Marcelino Benito (KHOU)
Published: 5:53 PM CST February 21, 2023
Updated: 6:23 AM CST February 22, 2023

HARRIS COUNTY, Texas — A Harris County man was arrested and charged with a felony after Precinct 4 officials said he shot a gun into his neighbor's house in the early-morning hours on Tuesday because their dogs had been barking all day.

According to Harris County Precinct 4 Constable's Office officials, 56-year-old Russell Day was intoxicated when he went to his neighbor's house on Cedar Grove Court, banged on the front door and opened fire just after 1 a.m. They said he shot through the front door and windows.

When deputies got there, they said they saw Day leaving the scene in a car. They pulled the vehicle over and arrested Day, who had multiple guns and plenty of ammunition, including an AR-15-style rifle.

Day was charged with aggravated assault with a deadly weapon and booked into the Harris County Jail.

Terrified family​

The family inside the house said they were shaken up by the incident. They said their home was riddled with bullets while five kids slept upstairs.

The first six shots woke up Mike Gerica and his family.

"He just started yelling, 'Open the effin' door and no one gets hurt," Gerica said. "My mind was thinking this is an invasion ... not sure what was going on but it wasn't good."

Gerica said Day fired 46 rounds into the house. Gerica said he grabbed his pistol and took cover while his wife called 911. He said his focus was keeping the shooter out of his house at all costs.

"It was going to be him, or him and me. I was going to do anything in my power to make sure my wife and kids were OK," Gerica said.

Gerica said most of the bullets went through the door and through a hallway, leaving holes in drywall. They somehow missed a family portrait. Gerica said it was amazing that no one was injured.

"We're just so thankful we're all safe and we're here today," Gerica said.

Wrong target?​

Ring doorbell video captured an astounding revelation. In the video, Day's son can be heard telling him that he was making a mistake.

"Dad, you're shooting the wrong house," the son said.

Tesha Koltys said the bullets were intended for her home. She said she's known Day and his family for years and they'd even hung out together.

"I feel horrible for my neighbor [Mike and his family]," Koltys said. "He [Russell Day] waited 'til 1 in the morning when my dogs were not outside -- they were in the house asleep ... it's just mind-blowing."

Source:https://www.khou.com/article/news/c...king/285-4c1c2249-cf1f-44cf-8149-114b9026a85c

Karmile005

Alfrescian
Loyal
lim_lim-768x472.jpg