• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Malaysia visa options for SG passport?

Chocolate

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi all gurus here, I am a Singaporean thinking about renting/buying a 2nd home in JB and living there most of the time. Likely one of the nicer estates in Nusajaya (possibly leisure farm?)

Putting aside all other considerations for this discussion (work, family, property prices, etc), the biggest uncertainty for me is the visa in Malaysia.

First things first, I certainly do no qualify for the revised MM2H (West malaysia) requirements (RM 40k monthly income & RM 1 million FD). The Sarawak MM2H option is not for me either, as I am below 50 years old.

In the absence of any other long term visa in Malaysia, how are people managing their visa situation for living in JB? Is eveyone on expiring MM2H visas, just waiting it out? Or is there some hidden 'trick' for SG passport holders that I'm missing?

FYI, my plan is to apply for MACS (social visitor) and then follow a cycle of 2-3 weeks in JB, 2-3 days in SG, and so on. Specifically, I will be driving my SG car to/fro via Tuas 2nd link, and stay in my HDB when in SG (not renting out or selling, just keeping it as a backup).

However, I read somewhere that MACS (social visitor) has been abolished. I also know they take a very dim view of visa runs.

So please share some experiences if you are in a similar situation!
My husband renewed his MACS and they asked to see his Long term social visit pass ( he is on Spouse pass as I am Malaysian) so i think its only for those on long term passes now.