• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Malaysia visa options for SG passport?

pw6ff

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi all gurus here, I am a Singaporean thinking about renting/buying a 2nd home in JB and living there most of the time. Likely one of the nicer estates in Nusajaya (possibly leisure farm?)

Putting aside all other considerations for this discussion (work, family, property prices, etc), the biggest uncertainty for me is the visa in Malaysia.

First things first, I certainly do no qualify for the revised MM2H (West malaysia) requirements (RM 40k monthly income & RM 1 million FD). The Sarawak MM2H option is not for me either, as I am below 50 years old.

In the absence of any other long term visa in Malaysia, how are people managing their visa situation for living in JB? Is eveyone on expiring MM2H visas, just waiting it out? Or is there some hidden 'trick' for SG passport holders that I'm missing?

FYI, my plan is to apply for MACS (social visitor) and then follow a cycle of 2-3 weeks in JB, 2-3 days in SG, and so on. Specifically, I will be driving my SG car to/fro via Tuas 2nd link, and stay in my HDB when in SG (not renting out or selling, just keeping it as a backup).

However, I read somewhere that MACS (social visitor) has been abolished. I also know they take a very dim view of visa runs.

So please share some experiences if you are in a similar situation!

eric3417

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi, if not wrong MACs is now only applicable to people with work permits, study permits & other forms of permit holders (biz owners?). Rest i believe not eligible. S-mm2h (Sarawak) i believe under 50 u can go for the purchase a property $600k & above option & staying a minimum of 15 days in a calendar year. Rest of the time u may choose to stay in West Malaysia (JB included). Visa is good for 5+5(renewable). U might wanna approach a good S-mm2h agent to find out the exact details.

As for visa runs, i think is not feasible/advisable. The risks of being denied re-entry is there & u certainly do not want to be having this worry hanging over your head. Perhaps u may want to split your time 50/50 or even max 60/40 (JB/SG). Spend 4 days a week in JB & 3 days in SG. I think this will be a more safe & feasible option w/o some kind of permit/visa. My 2 cents

pw6ff

Alfrescian
Loyal
I called up the MACS agent in Sg, and they confirmed they are not processing it right now ("it is suspended")

cybermad6969

Alfrescian
Loyal
hi guys, I heard from friends that Singaporeans or foreigners cannot stay in Malaysia for more than 50% of the time . Is this true ? If true, then we cannot say live in JB for 1-2 weeks and then come back SG for 1-2 days that kind of arranngement ? Thanks.

eric3417

Alfrescian
Loyal
By right is correct we not supposed to stay more than 183 days in a calendar year in Msia / Jb under social visit pass (tourists). Most times the immigration officers are not so strict or tedious to check your stays in Msia but occasionally u will get query, warnings or in some cases denied re-entry for a period of time into Msia / JB.

I think split 60/40 time in Msia/JB & SG should be do-able. Anything more the risks of being warned or barred re-entry into JB is there. Not really fun to be having worries everytime u want to re-enter JB. Unless the current Govt of Msia decides to review MM2H, MACS or etc.

cow138

Alfrescian
Loyal
This is terrible.. they allow you to buy their property yet deny you ability to stay there. What kind of scam is this?
Very unfair to foreigners who trust the country enough to dump millions into their property sector.

If really no choice then try to hook a Malaysian and get married there.

myrsing

Alfrescian
Loyal
This is terrible.. they allow you to buy their property yet deny you ability to stay there. What kind of scam is this?
Very unfair to foreigners who trust the country enough to dump millions into their property sector.

If really no choice then try to hook a Malaysian and get married there.

Buying property there for investment. Not for you to stay.

cybermad6969

Alfrescian
Loyal
By right is correct we not supposed to stay more than 183 days in a calendar year in Msia / Jb under social visit pass (tourists). Most times the immigration officers are not so strict or tedious to check your stays in Msia but occasionally u will get query, warnings or in some cases denied re-entry for a period of time into Msia / JB.

I think split 60/40 time in Msia/JB & SG should be do-able. Anything more the risks of being warned or barred re-entry into JB is there. Not really fun to be having worries everytime u want to re-enter JB. Unless the current Govt of Msia decides to review MM2H, MACS or etc.
hi, yr 60/40 in MY/SG ..can we stay 30 days straight in JB and then go back SG for a few hours and then go back JB for another 30 days . repeat till we reach 6 months duration in JB annually? I am thinking of doing this . thanks.

eric3417

Alfrescian
Loyal
I doubt u can do that. Likely the 2nd time u try re-entry u will get query. The 3rd time u might be denied entry. One mth in JB, 2- 3wks in SG (repeat) more feasible.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
hi, yr 60/40 in MY/SG ..can we stay 30 days straight in JB and then go back SG for a few hours and then go back JB for another 30 days . repeat till we reach 6 months duration in JB annually? I am thinking of doing this . thanks.
If you are above a certain age, 55 and above, MM2H becomes more doable. Else do the Sabah/Sarawak version of it but you will have to go there for a number of days per year. Of course it will mean that you are eligible to buy certain properties there which are not opened to foreigners.

Another way is when you are older, to get the old age homes guys to help you stamp passport, assuming of course if you or a relative would like to stay there.

Else the digital nomad is doable although, its 3 months to a year and although can be renewed, it doesn't specify if you can further renew it after that first renewal. For a family of 4, a friend of mine recently paid about 2650 RM for it including SST tax (1 primary and 3 dependents). Nothing stated on the renewal fees though but assuming it should be the same or slightly lesser.

Rabbit7

Alfrescian
Loyal
Buying property there for investment. Not for you to stay.
..Investments in properties in Msia, Really ?

MYR has depreciated more than 30% since year 2000.
Most Property Investors are leveraging on Air BnB to manage cash-Flow,..not necessarily "making money"

Are there really "winners" in the Msian Property Game here ?
The only Winners are the Msians - who are allowed to buy under 1 million ringgit properties, ..bumi-priced properties

One MUST be very very clear about the subtle policy rules which disadvantages the non-Msians

myrsing

Alfrescian
Loyal
..Investments in properties in Msia, Really ?

MYR has depreciated more than 30% since year 2000.
Most Property Investors are leveraging on Air BnB to manage cash-Flow,..not necessarily "making money"

Are there really "winners" in the Msian Property Game here ?
The only Winners are the Msians - who are allowed to buy under 1 million ringgit properties, ..bumi-priced properties

One MUST be very very clear about the subtle policy rules which disadvantages the non-Msians

Either for investment or buy to stay. Of course its not advisable to flip cos houses and condos abundant in JB. Best is to just rent.

Rabbit7

Alfrescian
Loyal
Either for investment or buy to stay. Of course its not advisable to flip cos houses and condos abundant in JB. Best is to just rent.
..so far, even for investment with a tenure of ten years,..all still lose money.
are there any Air BnB Operators really making money now ?

myrsing

Alfrescian
Loyal
..so far, even for investment with a tenure of ten years,..all still lose money.
are there any Air BnB Operators really making money now ?

But Astaka seems like a good investment. High floor with seaview. Some asking price above Rm2M

Rabbit7

Alfrescian
Loyal
But Astaka seems like a good investment. High floor with seaview. Some asking price above Rm2M
Astaka is too Hyped -up,..meant to fool wannabe's

Do Note that this project has been completed for about more than 5 years, yet, cannot sell - still promoting now.

What does this say about the "Goodness" of this project ?
Suckers who buy at 2 million myr,.. plus the monthly management fees of above 1,000 myr per month,.. who to sell to eventually ?

Do Be Very Careful with Fancy Advertisments, FB Marketing

myrsing

Alfrescian
Loyal
Astaka is too Hyped -up,..meant to fool wannabe's

Do Note that this project has been completed for about more than 5 years, yet, cannot sell - still promoting now.

What does this say about the "Goodness" of this project ?
Suckers who buy at 2 million myr,.. plus the monthly management fees of above 1,000 myr per month,.. who to sell to eventually ?

Do Be Very Careful with Fancy Advertisments, FB Marketing

True. Initially looks quite tempting. I mean the high floor. Seaview. But when i read from other forum, one commented one should look and consider long term. Maintenance of the condo, the prompt payment of MF. In Spore we have collective sales, upgrading for HDB. Whereas JB condos? This one sort of get me thinking real hard. Maybe rental can consider. For Rm2 Million, hmmmm.....

Rabbit7

Alfrescian
Loyal
True. Initially looks quite tempting. I mean the high floor. Seaview. But when i read from other forum, one commented one should look and consider long term. Maintenance of the condo, the prompt payment of MF. In Spore we have collective sales, upgrading for HDB. Whereas JB condos? This one sort of get me thinking real hard. Maybe rental can consider. For Rm2 Million, hmm

I'd NOT buy Astaka.