• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Malays & Indians Feels Discriminated in Sinkiepore

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Many jobs require the Chinese language, and maybe even other foreign languages.

That's the way it is.

If tats the case then cheena shldnt complain of job discrimination fm FTs...since many cheena speak mandarin, no?

Anyway if tats the case i rather welcome FTs( other than Prc). Most would speak English and Malays can compete for jobs based on experience n not on language ching chong ching chong.

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Unfortunately it is too true, Singaporeans have a hard life and nothing to fall back on at the end of the day. Nothing to show for it except bills and a depreciating asset.

Singaporeans nowadays are also getting very cautious. One time i went to a mall near Maple Tree Business Park to have lunch before heading there for business. In my rush to get down (trying not to inconvenience my driver), i left my phone in the car. I realised it too late when i got down but he had left. With money in hand, i tried in vain to borrow a phone to call him. I was dressed in a business suit, with briefcase but not a single person in the mall wanted to lend me their phone.

In the end, only a kind Malay lady working in the 7 eleven wanted to lend me her land line. I didn't want to trouble her and used my laptop softphone and connected to a nearby wifi to call him and got him to come back. I was willing to pay $10 for a single call to another SG line but no one, everyone was refusing to lend. I have since started to carry 2 mobile phones now. I sincerely hope no one forget their phone in Singapore.

In Malaysia, i can still get kind people to call and even one time, when i didn't manage to get a Grab from a petrol station, a kind man, Mr Khairul from Petronas station helped me and even sent me back for free (he refused to take a single cent). - Which reminds me, i need to go Petronas to thank him. In Malaysia, there are still friends and kind strangers, in Singapore i feel i have no one.

I am not praising my own race just cos i am one.Malays by nature are helpful. Due to our religious upbringing and following exemplary of the prophet. We may be poor but we are not arrogant/selfish. If teres an accident or mishap we will try n help. I am not saying other races not helpful. We were taught to help the poor n unfortunate. Helping one soul is like helping whole of humanity. One can always put those 3 races to test.:smile:

hofmann

Alfrescian
Loyal
Unfortunately it is too true, Singaporeans have a hard life and nothing to fall back on at the end of the day. Nothing to show for it except bills and a depreciating asset.

Singaporeans nowadays are also getting very cautious. One time i went to a mall near Maple Tree Business Park to have lunch before heading there for business. In my rush to get down (trying not to inconvenience my driver), i left my phone in the car. I realised it too late when i got down but he had left. With money in hand, i tried in vain to borrow a phone to call him. I was dressed in a business suit, with briefcase but not a single person in the mall wanted to lend me their phone.

In the end, only a kind Malay lady working in the 7 eleven wanted to lend me her land line. I didn't want to trouble her and used my laptop softphone and connected to a nearby wifi to call him and got him to come back. I was willing to pay $10 for a single call to another SG line but no one, everyone was refusing to lend. I have since started to carry 2 mobile phones now. I sincerely hope no one forget their phone in Singapore.

In Malaysia, i can still get kind people to call and even one time, when i didn't manage to get a Grab from a petrol station, a kind man, Mr Khairul from Petronas station helped me and even sent me back for free (he refused to take a single cent). - Which reminds me, i need to go Petronas to thank him. In Malaysia, there are still friends and kind strangers, in Singapore i feel i have no one.

Dude, I got rejected while trying to borrow a lighter for a smoke... By a security guard who was happily smoking away himself. Lighters must be dam expensive nowadays.

Something seriously wrong with our social fabric

I totally believe your story. I couldn't even borrow a dam lighter.... :mad:

hofmann

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am not praising my own race just cos i am one.Malays by nature are helpful. Due to our religious upbringing and following exemplary of the prophet. We may be poor but we are not arrogant/selfish. If teres an accident or mishap we will try n help. I am not saying other races not helpful. We were taught to help the poor n unfortunate. Helping one soul is like helping whole of humanity. One can always put those 3 races to test.:smile:

The Malay security guard who refused to lend me his lighter while he was puffing away... One bad egg? He had bad day? Or he hates mungens?

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Dude, I got rejected while trying to borrow a lighter for a smoke... By a security guard who was happily smoking away himself. Lighters must be dam expensive nowadays.

If hes willing to lent others but to u then tere must be a reason.:smile: cos i know smokers are kaki to each other.

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Wuqi sharing his pleasant personal encounter with common Malays are not surprising.:smile: Generally Malays are quite helpful. Wuqi has nothing to lie especially his second story encountered with kind msian Khairul. Why i believe his latter story? Cos tis the second time i read tis particular story. Wuqi ever shared same story last or years back. If he had lied in his present posting tere would be discrepancies in his story, no?

hofmann

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wuqi sharing his pleasant personal encounter with common Malays are not surprising.:smile: Generally Malays are quite helpful. Wuqi has nothing to lie especially his second story encountered with kind msian Khairul. Why i believe his latter story? Cos tis the second time i read tis particular story. Wuqi ever shared same story last or years back. If he had lied in his present posting tere would be discrepancies in his story, no?

No no, I mean I totally believe his story that no one wanted to lend him a phone until he met macik :thumbsup: