• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Malay wants to be Prime Minister of Singapore

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
"Can we one day have a non-Chinese, a Malay-Muslim Prime Minister? It's possible....34-year-old Member of Parliament Zaqy Mohamad was more optimistic..."I agree with PM that a candidate for prime minister has to be based on ability and acceptance by the majority of Singaporeans. I think today with the younger generation who've gone through post-independence Singapore, I think they are a lot more accepting and race-blind.... if someone comes forth with the right ability and proven track record, it could be a reality."

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stories/singaporelocalnews/view/388559/1/.html

It's very contradicting. First they say Malays can't even win MP seats on their own, that's why we need GRCs. Now they say, a Malay can be a prime minister. If so, isn't the GRC system redundant and regressive?

nitecrawllerr

Alfrescian
Loyal
As long as Lee Hsien Loong continues to dominate even after his biggest mandate is gone, and passes on to his son, and thus his grandson, no malay, nor Indian would have a shot in being PM.

Indian, may be possible.

Malay, very very very unlikely. Unless of course LHL sons/grdsons/grd daughters marry to a Malay. :rolleyes:

sinren67

Alfrescian
Loyal
"Not so soon" is always the answer, instead of "i'll let the market to decide".
In Sg, everything is predictable and planned.

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Chinese are always smarter and faster than Malays/Muslims...here's why :

1. Malays/Muslims are not 100 percent complete humans..they got no foreskins.

2. Malay/Muslim nutrition is also not as complete as the Chinese...they do not eat pork and many other good stuff banned by the Quran.

3. Too much sambal belachan dulls the brain...even the baba-peranakan Chinese knows that.

4. Malays/Muslims don't use toilet paper and eat with their hands. The shit in their fingernails gets into their brains.

5. malay/muslim use their friday on mosque , if got important meeting on friday how ?

6. malay/ muslim will not use dogs for bomb search , searching for people , searching for drugs ..in other words ...no dog unit in the police force instead they will use cats

7. malay / muslim will invite mat salamat for high tea

8. malay/ muslim will use his hands to eat when invited by obama for dinner

9. malay/ muslim will appear in national parade riding a bike

10. ganja will be sold in 7-11 store

Last edited:

The_Latest_H

Alfrescian
Loyal
5. malay/muslim send their friday on mosque , if got important meeting on friday how ?

6. malay/ muslim will not use dogs for bomb search , searching for people , searching for drugs ..in other words ...no dog unit in the police force

7. malay / muslim will invite mat salamat for high tea

8. malay/ muslim will use his hands to eat when invited by obama for dinner

9. malay/ muslim will appear in national parade riding a bike

10. ganja will be sold in 7-11 store

I'm sorry to burst the bubble here but isn't this very stereotypical? It's like you're implying that being Malay Singaporeans means that these are unpatriotic S'poreans.

I hope you clarify this because I do know many Malays who are loyal to Singapore. If they had wanted to move to Malaysia, they would have done it immediately after 9 August 1965, or even after Mahathir appealed for their return.

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I'm sorry to burst the bubble here but isn't this very stereotypical? It's like you're implying that being Malay Singaporeans means that these are unpatriotic S'poreans.

I hope you clarify this because I do know many Malays who are loyal to Singapore. If they had wanted to move to Malaysia, they would have done it immediately after 9 August 1965, or even after Mahathir appealed for their return.

reason are simple ...there are not enough void deck in malaysia for them to relax :biggrin:

myo539

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think it's possible. To be acceptable, the Malay PM probably is one of mixed race - a Malay and hence Muslim -who could have a mother who is Chinese or Indian or Ang Moh. Or may be the Malay who doesn't look a typical Malay. Any candidate so far? No?

May be we can have an Indian PM first - the first candidate - Prof Koo Ma.

The_Latest_H

Alfrescian
Loyal
It's very contradicting. First they say Malays can't even win MP seats on their own, that's why we need GRCs. Now they say, a Malay can be a prime minister. If so, isn't the GRC system redundant and regressive?

Yep. Let's face the obvious anyway: these people wanna sit on two boats at the same time.

Himerus

Alfrescian
Loyal
why not,if Obama can be the president of US.
but maybe not so soon.
that will also go for a Chinese to become PM of Malaysia.
maybe another 5-10 years.

angry_one

Alfrescian
Loyal
Further proof that democracy can never come to sg. If only you can hear yourselves say these nonsense!

First of all it's not up to the PAP to decide who's the next PM - it's the people. Further, sg's first PM was a Muslim wasn't he? Yusolf Ishak?? If you've forgotten, he's the face on our dollar notes.

Second, all your racist remarks just underline the point that you MUST be ruled by Lee's dictatorship, or there'll be racial riots and infighting all over again.

I would vote for a PM of any race and religion if he/she is sensible, intelligent and works for this society.

chupacabra

Alfrescian
Loyal
Why all this after Obama's win. Pappies and especially LKY are proven once again that their fuck up view on people are wrong. They are scared that Obama's win will cause their votes to dwindle.

travelbug

Alfrescian
Loyal
Singapore's Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong said it's possible for the country to have a minority race Prime Minister

I will only vote for the Mat if he denounces his religion that he is born into! Otherwise its fatwa this & that for eternity, cannot drink alcohol, cannot this & that!

travelbug

Alfrescian
Loyal
The Lee family has Malay blood lah. Old Fart Lee & his descendants are all Pernankans! So their chor kong ancestor was a Malay woman! So yes, we do have a Malay PM for many many decades liao!

The_Latest_H

Alfrescian
Loyal
I will only vote for the Mat if he denounces his religion that he is born into! Otherwise its fatwa this & that for eternity, cannot drink alcohol, cannot this & that!

Do you honestly think the vast majority of our malay citizens are members of the Taliban? This are ridiculous statements and indicative of some of the thoughts of our own chinese Singaporeans that being a majority race, means we are a superior race.

The truth cannot be far away from that; and resorting to stereotypical guilt by association tactics makes it worse.

1sickpuppy

Alfrescian
Loyal
There will be a day when we will have our own Obama as our new Prime Minister. The only catch is that when that day happens, the Lees cannot be there.

As long as Lee Hsien Loong continues to dominate even after his biggest mandate is gone, and passes on to his son, and thus his grandson, no malay, nor Indian would have a shot in being PM.

Will the Lees make such a political sacrifice? We will see, really. We have to see.

Err ever conside another race as a seat warmer?