• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Malay Must Fast Tomorrow: Pls refrain from ordering pork via grab and food panda

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Asking permission here.

Can order Vegetarian char siew and Vegetarian pork trotter?
vegan pork trotter.
1618149555397.jpeg

Hypocrite-The

Alfrescian
Loyal
SDMC releases SOP for breaking of fast in restaurants, halls, hotels and food premises | Malay Mail
Among the new SOPs was that the breaking of fast could only take place at a venue at 50 per cent of its capacity. — Picture via Borneo Post Online
Among the new SOPs was that the breaking of fast could only take place at a venue at 50 per cent of its capacity. — Picture via Borneo Post Online
Subscribe to our Telegram channel for the latest updates on news you need to know.

KUCHING, April 11 —The Sarawak Disaster Management Committee has released the detailed standard operating procedure (SOP) for the breaking of fast in restaurants, halls, hotels and food premises.

The committee said the organisers for the breaking of fast must inform the local authorities and their respective divisional disaster management committee (JPBB) prior to holding the activities

“The local authorities will carry out inspections with the respective JPBB and Ministry of Health before a written approval is issued by the JPBB,” said the committee.

ADVERTISING
It said the breaking of fast could only take place at a venue at 50 per cent of its capacity with physical distancing being observed or a maximum of 300 persons only.

“It is compulsory for customers to make reservations before dining at the premises. Walk-in customers are not allowed.”

The committee said group reservation by government agency or private sector is not allowed and it is only allowed for individuals and those involving closest family members.

Customers are not allowed to wait in-line and orders to be made by customers from the menu and food to be served on the table, it added.

It also stressed the organiser has to implement self-enforcement for all the SOP listed out.

Furthermore, the committee said the premises’ entry and exit pathways must be clearly labelled, as well as the perimeter of the area where the breaking of fast is taking place must be indicated, particularly if it is held at an open area or dining hall.

“Registration counters have to be set up at the entrance to limit the number of attendees, to check on a customer’s body temperature and any symptoms of coughing, sore throat, experiencing a cold and breathing difficulties. Customer whose body temperature is above 37.5 degree Celsius or exhibiting symptoms is not allowed to enter.”

“The organisers, operators, crew, waiter or workers must undergo health screening, not showing any symptoms of sickness and masks wearing is compulsory at all times.”

Customers or diners have to maintain a physical distancing of one metre while queueing at the registration counter.

“The entry into the premise must be strictly monitored and the attendance of the customers inside the dining area must adhere to the SOPs in place.”

It said the staff or crew members at the registration counters have to make sure the customers wash their hands with soap, hand wash or hand sanitiser before entering the premises.

Moreover, the committee said a through cleaning and disinfection in accordance to the Ministry of Health’s SOP must be conducted before and after the breaking of fast event at the dining area, tables and chairs, catering utensils, toilets and any surfaces or items that are prone to being touched.

“The location for the breaking of fast must also enjoy good ventilation and a distance of one metre between dining tables. The preparation of food must be in the form of pack food, served or dome setting. Crew members or waiters must put on their face mask and gloves when handling the food.”

Customers or diners must adhere to the instructions of the organisers or operators in accordance to the SOP set up by the committee and they must be wearing face mask at all times, it added.

“Individuals who are suffering from chronic illness are advised not to participate in the breaking of fast activity at the mentioned premises. Attendance from babies and children are also discouraged.”

The committee also pointed out the organisers or operators must keep the attendance of the customers and staff members in record via MySejahtera or manually by taking down the name, telephone number, date and time of an individual should a place has no Internet connection.

It said customers must also take their seats as indicated by the organiser or operator and they should avoid close conversation and moving from table to table.

“Customers must dine-in with physical distancing in place and not in group. Congestion at the toilet, lift or at any area where the breaking of fast is taking place should be avoided.”

Customers are also urged not to congregate outside the dining area before and after the breaking of fast, as well as exiting the dining area in an orderly manner.

The committee said If any operator, worker or customer has been detected to be Covid-19 positive, the dining area must be closed immediately for sanitation to take place.

“As for breaking of fast at mosque or surau, it will be based on the approvals issued and the SOP listed out by the state Islamic authorities.”

The committee warned any organiser or customers who do obey the SOP stipulated will be compounded under the existing laws and regulations.

Among the activities not allowed included moving from table to table for greetings, breaking of fasts in area where crowd control would be difficult, buffet services, travelling to areas under Recovery Movement Control Order (MCO), Enhanced MCO and MCO, holding the breaking of fast event at MCO and Enhanced MCO areas and patient-under-investigation (PUI) and person-under-surveillance (PUS) are not allowed to attend the event.

The breaking of fast event will continued to be governed by the latest regulations under State Disaster Management Committee and the local authorities from time to time, as well as the Food Hygiene Regulations 2009.

In another updated SOP by the committee, it said the operating hours for restaurants, food premises, food trucks and food delivery service, among other activities, have been extended to operate from 6am to 12am from the period of April 13 to 26. — Borneo Post Online

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Muslim food stalls and restaurants, if they are open during Ramadan, will have to depend more on us infidels for daytime business. :biggrin:

Hypocrite-The

Alfrescian
Loyal
Nope mudslimes cannot eat because of the name. They already make such a big fuss about the name hot dog.

Hot dogs 'must be renamed' in Malaysia, says religious government body
Published
19 October 2016
Hot dogs
image caption Malaysian food vendors will now have to rename hot dogs or risk a ban
Food outlets selling hot dogs in Malaysia have been asked to rename their products or risk being refused halal certification.

The Malaysian Islamic Development Department, a religious government body, said it adopted the ruling after complaints from Muslim tourists.

Director Sirajuddin Suhaimee said the name might cause "confusion".

"In Islam, dogs are considered unclean and the name cannot be related to halal certification," he said.

Malaysian halal food guidelines say "halal food and halal artificial flavour shall not be named or synonymously named after non-halal products such as ham, bak kut teh, bacon, beer, rum and others that might create confusion," local media said.

Muslim-majority Malaysia practises a moderate form of Islam but conservative attitudes are on the rise.

'Pretzel Sausage'
On Monday, popular pretzel store franchise Auntie Anne's was refused halal certification unless it renamed its "Pretzel Dog". Mr Suhaimee said it was "more appropriate" to call it a "Pretzel Sausage".

Pretzel Dogs on display in Kuala Lumpur
image caption Pretzel chain Auntie Anne's was refused halal certification unless it renamed its 'Pretzel Dogs'
A representative of the US chain described it as a "minor issue" and said the firm was fine with changing the name on the menu.

'Hot dog is hot dog lah'
Malaysian Tourism and Culture Minister Nazri Aziz slammed the ruling, calling it "stupid and backward".

"Hot dog is hot dog lah. Even in Malay it's called hot dog - it's been around for so many years. I'm a Muslim and I'm not offended," he told reporters, adding that there was no reason for the religious body to take offence at the word.

"It comes from the English language. Please do not make us seem stupid and backward."

The ruling has also garnered ridicule and stirred debate among Malaysians on social media.

"It's just a name, what does it have to do with whether it's halal or not? Muslims should be more concerned with ingredients and the way food is prepared," wrote Eeman Yusof on Facebook.

Comic
IMAGE COPYRIGHT FACEBOOK: BRO, DON'T LIKE THAT LA, BRO
"You can always count on the authorities to make us look stupid," said another Malaysian Matt Razal.

Another Facebook user said: "Pet shops please rename your dogs as sausages."

"It is complications like this that make our country move backwards," commented YL Chew.

Activist and columnist Marina Mahathir, the daughter of former Malaysian leader Mahathir Mohamad, criticised the request by the Department of Islamic Development - also known as Jakim.

"Oh we poor easily confused Muslims who have never heard of hot dogs before and who will have no choice but to buy one if one was on the menu," she said in a Facebook post that was shared close to 2,000 times.

Malaysia often prides itself on being a moderate Muslim nation, which allows other religions freedom of worship.

In recent years, there has been greater emphasis on Islamic codes of conduct.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Nope mudslimes cannot eat because of the name. They already make such a big fuss about the name hot dog.

Hot dogs 'must be renamed' in Malaysia, says religious government body
Published
19 October 2016
Hot dogs
image caption Malaysian food vendors will now have to rename hot dogs or risk a ban
Food outlets selling hot dogs in Malaysia have been asked to rename their products or risk being refused halal certification.

The Malaysian Islamic Development Department, a religious government body, said it adopted the ruling after complaints from Muslim tourists.

Director Sirajuddin Suhaimee said the name might cause "confusion".

"In Islam, dogs are considered unclean and the name cannot be related to halal certification," he said.

Malaysian halal food guidelines say "halal food and halal artificial flavour shall not be named or synonymously named after non-halal products such as ham, bak kut teh, bacon, beer, rum and others that might create confusion," local media said.

Muslim-majority Malaysia practises a moderate form of Islam but conservative attitudes are on the rise.

'Pretzel Sausage'
On Monday, popular pretzel store franchise Auntie Anne's was refused halal certification unless it renamed its "Pretzel Dog". Mr Suhaimee said it was "more appropriate" to call it a "Pretzel Sausage".

Pretzel Dogs on display in Kuala Lumpur
image caption Pretzel chain Auntie Anne's was refused halal certification unless it renamed its 'Pretzel Dogs'
A representative of the US chain described it as a "minor issue" and said the firm was fine with changing the name on the menu.

'Hot dog is hot dog lah'
Malaysian Tourism and Culture Minister Nazri Aziz slammed the ruling, calling it "stupid and backward".

"Hot dog is hot dog lah. Even in Malay it's called hot dog - it's been around for so many years. I'm a Muslim and I'm not offended," he told reporters, adding that there was no reason for the religious body to take offence at the word.

"It comes from the English language. Please do not make us seem stupid and backward."

The ruling has also garnered ridicule and stirred debate among Malaysians on social media.

"It's just a name, what does it have to do with whether it's halal or not? Muslims should be more concerned with ingredients and the way food is prepared," wrote Eeman Yusof on Facebook.

Comic
IMAGE COPYRIGHT FACEBOOK: BRO, DON'T LIKE THAT LA, BRO
"You can always count on the authorities to make us look stupid," said another Malaysian Matt Razal.

Another Facebook user said: "Pet shops please rename your dogs as sausages."

"It is complications like this that make our country move backwards," commented YL Chew.

Activist and columnist Marina Mahathir, the daughter of former Malaysian leader Mahathir Mohamad, criticised the request by the Department of Islamic Development - also known as Jakim.

"Oh we poor easily confused Muslims who have never heard of hot dogs before and who will have no choice but to buy one if one was on the menu," she said in a Facebook post that was shared close to 2,000 times.

Malaysia often prides itself on being a moderate Muslim nation, which allows other religions freedom of worship.

In recent years, there has been greater emphasis on Islamic codes of conduct.
can hotdogs be renamed as “hotdicks” as they look like dicks?

Hypocrite-The

Alfrescian
Loyal
I'm Muslim, & it's really ok to eat in front of me when I'm fasting during Ramadan
Treat us as you would on any other day.

April 13 marks the first day of this year's Ramadan.

Ramadan is the ninth month of the Islamic calendar and it's when Muslims all over the world observe the act of fasting.

This means no consumption of food or drinks from dawn to sunset for an entire month, among other things.

"Not even a sip of water?" we've been asked countless times.

No, not even a sip of water.

Living in a melting pot of cultures and races called Singapore, most of us have been blessed with friends and colleagues who try their best to make our lives easier during the fasting month.

On the contrary, however, here are some things that would help you to help us navigate this blessed month with ease.

1. Don't feel bad for eating or drinking in front of us
At some point, you might be clutching a thick, juicy, beef burger in your hands while wondering if eating it in front of us is considered rude.

But no, we don't find it rude if you start eating or drinking in plain sight.

If anything, you might have just given us some inspiration for what we're going to break our fast with.

I've had friends who turn away or resort to running to the toilet to eat their food for fear of offending me.

I'll say it again: It's really okay to eat or drink in front of us.

2. No special treatment, please
Don't get us wrong, it warms the cockles of our hearts when our friends go out of the way to make us feel comfortable.

This includes giving their seat to us in the train or skipping lunch so that we can have dinner together.

But seriously, though. You really don't have to.

We're not going to lie, fasting for an entire month is not easy but that's exactly why we do it.

One of the reasons why Muslims abstain from food, drinks and other desires during Ramadan is to inculcate the value of compassion in ourselves.

Depriving ourselves of satiety is when we can truly empathise with the less fortunate, who often go through days with little to eat.

And not giving us any special treatment will help us to achieve our purpose.

3. Don’t act weird when you see us eating stealthily
"Eh, you're not fasting?!" a classmate said out loud as I crouched under my desk with my head burrowed in my bag, thinking I could sneak in a sip of green tea.

And then, all eyes were on me so I felt obligated to tell the entire classroom that I was on my period.

In case you didn't know, when a woman menstruates, it would invalidate their fast for the day.

In hindsight, perhaps I could have been more discreet.

But the next time you see your female Muslim friend or colleague eating or drinking during the fasting month, just act normal and know that they have their reasons.

Talking about periods over a meal is already awkward.

Explaining that I'm eating during the fasting month because I'm on my period will only make it weirder.

This brings us to the next point...

4. Just because I'm not fasting doesn't make me a bad Muslim
Some might be quick to judge a Muslim for not fasting, but before you do, know that some Muslims might have a valid reason.

Besides menstruation, there are various reasons why a Muslim can be exempted from fasting which might not be immediately obvious.

These include, but are not be limited to illness, chronic medical conditions, postnatal bleeding, pregnancy, and breastfeeding mothers who believe that fasting for long hours might cause harm to themselves or their babies.

Ultimately, who are we to judge how someone else observes their faith, right?

5. It's not a torturous month for us, really
We may seem physically lethargic, no thanks to the early pre-dawn meals and of course, the lack of food and water.

However, Ramadan is a month that a lot of us look forward to the most.

Why do we look forward to starving ourselves, you ask?

Because, as cliche as it sounds, it's more than just that.

For one, it brings families together.

The dining table would be filled with food and conversations because families would spend most of the month having sahur (pre-dawn meal) and iftar (break fast meal) together.

For another, it makes the community spirit stronger because of activities like the terawih prayers (a non-obligatory evening prayer during the month of Ramadan) and mass iftar meals at mosque.

My favourite thing to do, however, is to collect the free bubur masjid (directly translates to "mosque porridge"), a savoury porridge with minced meat and vegetables, from the various mosques around Singapore.

So don't feel bad for us, we're probably having the time of our lives.

Top image from Masjid Sultan/Facebook

If you like what you read, follow us on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and Telegram to get the latest updates.

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal

Hot dogs 'must be renamed' in Malaysia, says religious government bod
Vegan pork is not pork so can eat.
Dogs is not on list of forbidden to be eaten.so i dunno why the fuss over hot dog.

GUDANGARAM

Alfrescian
Loyal
just now at food court, I saw many people buying take away food but they look guilty and they are not happy.

GUDANGARAM

Alfrescian
Loyal
I saw a Malay auntie, I asked her why she did she buy the food during lunch how for breaking fast in the evening.
I told her to buy the food at 5pm so that it is more fresh and sedap.
she was angry and didn't reply to me.