• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Mahathir : Johor is dependent on Singapore for its success. Hence we have helped Singapore expand using our Malaysian land (Johor)

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The British wanted to eliminate the monarchy by introducing the malaya union, meaning no more states.
The monarchy did not protest. In fact, the monarchs are appy with british rule.
It was umno that created such a ruckus which ended up like what it is currently.

Lol! Monarchy happy? Ah neh. Wheres the link?

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Actually no. Sarawak, sabah, kslimantan and parts of philippines at one time was under Brunei.
When the Spanish landed in manila, i believe it was then under brunei territory.
Brunei ceded sabah to sulu sultanate to reign on piracy. Similarly gave away huge chunks of sarawak to rajah Brookes.
Your what sultanate what sultanate all shrivelled up into sultanas when the British empire came

Malaysia_tree_diagram.svg.png

nightsafari

Alfrescian
Loyal
All the royals are jiak liao bee. But from what I've heard from a local, the Johore sultan has personally spoke out to maintain racial harmony in his state. Maybe this rubbed Malays the wrong way. I don't know. But from what I've heard he's popular with most johorean chinese
he actually loves singapore a lot. By chance I've spotted his family vacationing more than once in Singapore.

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
history is a can of worms. morons who claim land or islands to be part of their past territories are digging themselves cesspits which they will be buried in. if his bs is legit, indon can easily bring up their once proud and mighty majapahit empire and claim sovereignty over almost all of south east asia archipelago. it never ends. same shit with prc making their bs claims in south east asia based on their perverted interpretation of history. bunch of morons.
View attachment 126098
Agree. The concept of international border lines is relatively new. It's further excabated by departing colonists deliberately curving out rule contentiously. A post colonial divide and rule strategy. Just look at India/Pakistan/Bangladesh

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
he actually loves singapore a lot. By chance I've spotted his family vacationing more than once in Singapore.
The family still owns a lot of prime real estate here. Like the famously creepy Istana Woodnuek(?dunno spelling). It's been left abandoned for decades and must be worth hundreds of millions

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I must mention this. Venture further into the rural kampongs of Northern Matland where there are still many Thai communities there. I encountered these mixed Siam/Malay exotic beauties riding their Honda Kapcai bikes around their kampongs in the past when visiting a Thai master.
When I travelled to Kelantan around 20 years ago I was surprised to find out it's quite common for people there to have a portrait of the ex Thai king hanging in their living room.

Dunno if they will still do the same thing for the reigning peh hoon kia king of not

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
The family still owns a lot of prime real estate here. Like the famously creepy Istana Woodnuek(?dunno spelling). It's been left abandoned for decades and must be worth hundreds of millions
The johore royal family properties in sinkie have been dishrivelled slowly but surely bit by bit acquired by PAP for various reasons including forest reserve.
What is left of woodnuek i believe they have applied for it to be developed into a high end bungalow enclave,

Johor royal family's palace off Holland Road up for possible redevelopment​

Bloomberg
/
Bloomberg

September 28, 2021 11:35 am +08

The former Istana Woodneuk on Holland Road in Singapore. (Photo by The Edge Singapore)

The former Istana Woodneuk on Holland Road in Singapore. (Photo by The Edge Singapore)
-A
a.gif
+A

At 30 times the size of the White House, the project would be one of the city’s priciest private developments for decades, and may cost as much as US$4.5 billion to develop, according to a Savills Plc estimate.
(Sept 28): A sprawling, vacant plot of land in the heart of Singapore, which inspired the setting of the hit movie "Crazy Rich Asians", may be transformed into a multibillion-dollar luxury residential development, according to people with knowledge of the plans.
Representatives for the Crown Prince of Johor, Tunku Ismail Sultan Ibrahim — the land's registered owner — are in talks with local authorities for permission to develop a cluster of high-end homes on the swathe of jungle next to the Botanic Gardens, a Unesco World Heritage site, the people said, asking not to be identified because the discussions are confidential.
At 30 times the size of the White House, the project would be one of the city's priciest private developments for decades, and may cost as much as US$4.5 billion to develop, according to a Savills plc estimate.
If constructed, the luxury homes — a short ride to the famous Orchard Road shopping district — would likely draw interest from the region's ultra-wealthy who have long bought second homes in the city, a trend that is accelerated during the pandemic.
Singapore's red-hot residential market recorded US$32.9 billion of home sales in the first half, its biggest frenzy in more than a decade, and double the level recorded in Manhattan over the same period.

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
When I travelled to Kelantan around 20 years ago I was surprised to find out it's quite common for people there to have a portrait of the ex Thai king hanging in their living room.

Dunno if they will still do the same thing for the reigning peh hoon kia king of not
I also met kelantanese who contributed to the liberation of pattani from Thailand,

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
In the old days, malayans go to sinkie for shopping. But jb has turned until quite a city by itself. Its potential severely eroded by half past 6 bumi administrators and politicians.

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
Isn't Pattani still a town in Thailand? Is the insurgency war still going on?
It re-ignited during the time of thsksin. For some reason, he went after malay population. But it did not end violently until this incident occurred.

Tak Bai incident​

The Tak Bai Incident was an event during the south Thailand insurgency that occurred on 25 October 2004 in Tak Bai, Narathiwat Province, Thailand, which resulted in the death of 85 Thai citizens.[1][2][3]
Tak Bai incident
Part of the South Thailand insurgency
Date25 October 2004
LocationTak Bai, Thailand
Deaths85

Contents​

ClashEdit

On 25 October 2004, a demonstration of around 1,500 people gathered in front of a police station in Tak Bai to protest the detention of six men. Several hours into the protest, the crowd attempted to cross the police barrier into the station. Police responded with tear gas and water cannons, and the crowd responded by throwing rocks. Police fired into the air and then into the crowd at head height, killing seven.[4][5]
Almost 1,300 protesters were detained at the scene.[4] They were ordered to strip to the waist, lie on their stomachs, and crawl to nearby trucks that would transport them to another site.[6] Footage taken by journalists confirmed allegations that many protesters were kicked and beaten with sticks even after they complied with orders to lie on the ground.[4][7]
The detainees were then stacked atop one another in trucks and transported to Inkayut Army Camp in Pattani Province. The drive took five hours, and by the time the trucks arrived at the destination, 78 detainees had died from suffocation or organ collapse.[4][6]

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
And pattani, yala, satun, narathiwat, songklha are malay provinces under Thai rule.
From Aceh to Mindanao to Singapore.. Muslims are always making trouble everywhere they go. Must be funded by the Wahhabi.

The MCP settled peacefully in southern Thailand and never created trouble for anyone. Even helped built the local community

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
indon can easily bring up their once proud and mighty majapahit empire and claim sovereignty over almost all of south east asia archipelago.

Except that the indons did try to make such a claim back in the 1960s during the Confrontation. The matter got complicated because the indons of the 1960s were not Hindus like the Majapahits, nor did they have the military ability to start a war or enforce a strong naval blockade at the Straits of Malacca.

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
From Aceh to Mindanao to Singapore.. Muslims are always making trouble everywhere they go. Must be funded by the Wahhabi.

The MCP settled peacefully in southern Thailand and never created trouble for anyone. Even helped built the local community
Malays did not go to China. Chinese came to malay land and got 9ne island and now they want a entire sea. Who is the troublemaker?

MCP was allowed to roam free by Thai army. As long as they did not disturb Thailand. They can wreck, kill, maim, assassinate as many as they wish in malaya and return to security in thailand

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Interesting facts by John Tan on Indonesia during the Confrontation. I remember reading an account by the Tunku who one day was onboard a British warship. The British Commodore and the Captain over some whiskey asked the Tunku whether he would like the British to invade Indonesia and destroy their defence. The Tunku rejected their plans as his beef was with Sukarno and not the Indonesian people.

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Malays did not go to China. Chinese came to malay land and got 9ne island and now they want a entire sea. Who is the troublemaker?

MCP was allowed to roam free by Thai army. As long as they did not disturb Thailand. They can wreck, kill, maim, assassinate as many as they wish in malaya and return to security in thailand
Don't talk cock lah ah neh

The Chinese and south east Asians have shared the South China sea for centuries before international borders were a thing. The Nine dash lines was already in existence before the UN law was passed. Which one is should be recognised is still being worked out through diplomacy.

And the Hatyai peace village was set up in 1989. That time communism had already finished. Any killing, maiming, assassination were done by Muslim terrorists