• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.
Status
Not open for further replies.

pasture8

Alfrescian
Loyal
Happy New Year everyone!!!

I just came back from JB after re-visiting the 6 developments I mentioned. HH is probably one of a few which has increased its price substantially across the entire spectrum. All current launches including Clusters, Condos, Super-Links, Semi Dees, Bungalows have increased in prices.

And I am super delighted to know HH is currently selling the same unit type I purchased at about 42.5% higher than the price listed in my SPA signed just 6 months ago.

I am very satisfied with a 6 months 40% paper gain, what more, the bumi units are probably not released yet, so another round of price increase is expected. And I thought this price is crazy, but after checking with similar units in other tamans (I shall not name), I found out that this price is comparable to the prices in other tamans. So it should be sustainable lah! :biggrin:

Sorry for being such a bull. I am a dragon (Crystal Jie, in case you're still wondering) and I hope it will be a good year ahead for everyone!

I shall review positively on the other developments I have viewed.

First one we went to is Besteri Heights, So far I think less than 20 percent of international lots are still available, they have increased more than 100+k over the one year since they launched. If you are looking for convenience and reasonable price with good interior quality, I think this is very decent.

Next we went to Nusa Duta, but probably because they have almost sold out the current phrases, they decided not to open on the eve of New Year. Went in to have a re-tour of the precinct and have seen many new home owners moved in with very extensive renovations. Some are very tasteful indeed. Too bad the sales unit wasn't open.

Next we went to Setia Bukit Indah. Enquired about the new cluster precinct called Garden Villa, starting price should be around 888, 000 before discount, quite a tasteful exterior, but for those who have dealt with Setia you will know the quality. Also checked out Sky Loft, prices have remained the same, about 480-600 psf up for remaining units. High price due to higher floors left. But I also recalled they have not launched the bumi units, so probably will expect more price movements. Also quite a sell out for international units with more than 80% taken. In my opinion, I think the specs given (esp floor tiles) can be better to justify the price. What I like about this development is it's location next to commercial developments.

Then we went to Nusa Idaman! overall as what many brothers and sisters have mentioned, this is a very good development. It has good quality and finishes, being located between Bukit Indah and Horizon Hills, it definitely has more room to move. Was confirmed that the 10k promotion has ended. There are still good units available up for grabs. There is a good discussion and review on this development, I can't agree more with brothers and sisters here on your views. If I am buying for own stay, I will consider this for its peaceful, natural setting, and I will also consider Nusa Duta for it's design, master plan and convenience.

Lastly, we went to East Ledang (Impiana). Also one of the top picks for long term investments, being close to 2nd link, Educity and Medini. Definitely one to look at for those who have confidence in Nusajaya and is here for the long term. Price is at a premium compared to similar developments, but can be justified in long term. I would consider if I have holding power like many of the brothers and sisters here! Also got the chance to check out the under con Ujana, it definitely looks good after a good paint!

On the ground 1st hand field report. Thank you bro :smile: happy New Year !

DREAMorACTION

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro, if u happened to enquired from umland, especially on their sapphire 8, pls kindly update too. Interested on their latest progress/launching package. Thanks

Hi guys,

I visited Pasir Gudang and HH yesterday. Must say HH is simply awesome. I walked into the office and asked for Premila straightaway. She was very helpful and informative. Took us to one of the last show units to see in The Hills.

The prices have really gone up, and looks like I will have to wait for the new development to be ready to be able to think about purchasing. HH is really well maintained and quality of build is really good.

One thing I would like to check though, the rental rate of RM2500 for the smaller houses, isn't that really less? or is it a standard rate? Is it low because it is difficult to find tenants? We were discussing amongst ourselves, that it would be shiok to rent out in Singapore and take a place in HH for rental.

Also with so many developments planned in HH alone, will the price of the property go down? There will be a lot of supply and someone told us that the population for Johor Bahru is only 1.2million.

I am asking this questions, so to see if I should rob a bank now, and put a deposit, or should I quietly save and wait for the future. Thanks

gskalra

Alfrescian
Loyal
bro..how about the pasir gudang part?
Hi Bro Yonglip, we went to Bandar Seri Alam, nice place, lots of hustle and bustle. There are some nice developments there(nothing like HH tho). It has a town centre, with Mcdonalds and other eateries. They are depending on the Pasir Gudang port, so that must work out well.

Cheaper than Nusajaya area, just concerned, Because if Nusajaya rental is rm2,500 onwards, then what about the rental in Bandar Seri Alam. There are developments like Senibong which are really nice, and can get 500k plus.

If you are hedging your bets on the shipping industry to go up in Pasir Gudang(PG) too, then Bandar Seri Alam will do very well. But must have holding power. And they are building a highway from Causeway to PG so will be faster commute.

It was my first time visiting, so I am trying to wrap my head around it. May need a few more visits.

Thanks

Last edited:

DREAMorACTION

Alfrescian
Loyal
I'm also interested to know bro gskalra's question in terms of the pricing. I think very few people will provide any answer at all.

So to rephrase it, perhaps I would like to ask - based on all the bros and sisters strategy here to live/purchase property in JB, at what MAX price (in terms of psf) will u consider it being saturated and makes no difference/sense than paying in Singapore (assuming all other factors being equal)? thanks

Last edited:

pasture8

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Nusa Idaman

Hmm, I went there saw Msia cars only. Was there around 2pm or so.

Happy New Year Crystal :smile: we reach there about 3pm. Saw 2 S-plated cars, they were just leaving the show house...the guy/driver is chubby looking with a lady companion (?wife).

PS: Happy New Year :smile: greetings from pasture8 extended to end of this week, even though NI RM10K rebate bo liao :biggrin:

gskalra

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro, if u happened to enquired from umland, especially on their sapphire 8, pls kindly update too. Interested on their latest progress/launching package. Thanks

Sorry bro, did not do that, we went with some estate agents from Singapore, who were not so knowledgeable, but I was really keen to start the exploration.

I will share as much as possible during future visits. This one was first one, hope to make a few more whilst gathering some cash...

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal

Happy New Year Crystal :smile: we reach there about 3pm. Saw 2 S-plated cars, they were just leaving the show house...the guy/driver is chubby looking with a lady companion (?wife).

PS: Happy New Year :smile: greetings from pasture8 extended to end of this week, even though NI RM10K rebate bo liao :biggrin:

hahaha , definetly not me , maybe its another guy ....
y u so happy no rebate ah ? what if still less than 50% ? i scare they will delay building then i have more interest to pay wor.
hey , move to another thread leh , wuqi is e moderator liao.
http://www.sammyboy.com/forumdisplay.php?17-A-Singaporean-s-guide-to-Living-In-JB

Last edited:

DREAMorACTION

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro, pls kindly advise on the source and the type of property for 500k at senibong cove.

That highway u mentioned is also called coastal highway which connects to permas bridge then into EDL. Supposed to be operational this month. It should makes travelling to customs like a breeze in theory, provided the volume of traffic is not overwhelming. It seems like all new developments and using this as marketing tools, including as far as setia tropica and Kempas (well, that's the furthest I have been to :-) }
Hi Bro Yonglip, we went to Bandar Seri Alam, nice place, lots of hustle and bustle. There are some nice developments there(nothing like HH tho). It has a town centre, with Mcdonalds and other eateries. They are depending on the Pasir Gudang port, so that must work out well.

Cheaper than Nusajaya area, just concerned, Because if Nusajaya rental is rm2,500 onwards, then what about the rental in Bandar Seri Alam. There are developments like Senibong which are really nice, and can get 500k plus.

If you are hedging your bets on the shipping industry to go up in Pasir Gudang(PG) too, then Bandar Seri Alam will do very well. But must have holding power. And they are building a highway from Causeway to PG so will be faster commute.

It was my first time visiting, so I am trying to wrap my head around it. May need a few more visits.

Thanks

DREAMorACTION

Alfrescian
Loyal

gskalra

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro, pls kindly advise on the source and the type of property for 500k at senibong cove.

That highway u mentioned is also called coastal highway which connects to permas bridge then into EDL. Supposed to be operational this month. It should makes travelling to customs like a breeze in theory, provided the volume of traffic is not overwhelming. It seems like all new developments and using this as marketing tools, including as far as setia tropica and Kempas (well, that's the furthest I have been to :-) }

Bro, for the Senibong Cove one, it was the people with, me who told me that it was around that much. Like i mentioned earlier, they were not so knowledgable. Also we were just there in passing, my friends wanted to look at shophouses. Then after I dragged them to HH. They did not even know about NusaJaya or HH for that matter :S. But there is an article I found from 2010 with indicative prices. Might have gone up by now, http://www.theedgeproperty.com/news-a-views/3375.html

If the highway is built and Pasir Gudang fluorishes too, then it might not be a bad idea to get something there too.

Last edited:

DREAMorACTION

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro, gone were the days. 500k perhaps in dream :-) the price has soared that high that I have lost interest to enquire from them lol ... Anyway, they have a website and it will give u an idea on what they are launching :-)

Bro, for the Senibong Cove one, it was the people with, me who told me that it was around that much. Like i mentioned earlier, they were not so knowledgable. They did not even know about NusaJaya or HH for that matter :S. But there is an article I found from 2010 with indicative prices. Might have gone up by now, http://www.theedgeproperty.com/news-a-views/3375.html

If the highway is built and Pasir Gudang fluorishes too, then it might not be a bad idea to get something there too.

DREAMorACTION

Alfrescian
Loyal

I might be sensitive, but I'm very "wen Rou" too lol :p

Can't agree more that this is a good "family" :-) everyone is just so so nice. Thumbs and toes up up up :-)

haha , u r just being sensitive , bro pasture is nice chap!!
We are just happy for anyone if they gg to buy any house in JB .

Last edited:

gskalra

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro, gone were the days. 500k perhaps in dream :-) the price has soared that high that I have lost interest to enquire from them lol ... Anyway, they have a website and it will give u an idea on what they are launching :-)

If I wanna buy in the next 1 year, I can only pick up something less than 600k, so then I better close that chapter too. :(

Whats4

Alfrescian
Loyal
is it really a good time to buy now? The Impression @ Sutera Pulai is opening for sale. nice open roof top garden concept. anyone knows the price tag? is their quality good? :o

pasture8

Alfrescian
Loyal

hahaha , definetly not me , maybe its another guy ....
y u so happy no rebate ah ? what if still less than 50% ? i scare they will delay building then i have more interest to pay wor.
hey , move to another thread leh , wuqi is e moderator liao.
http://www.sammyboy.com/forumdisplay.php?17-A-Singaporean-s-guide-to-Living-In-JB

On the contrary! i hope they keep the RM10K rebate, better still make it RM20K cos we need neigbours leh ... i hope UEM can announce: "Good news! NI:8B & Courtyard3 special one time rebate of RM20K, for the first 10 & 10 bookings or till end Feb 2012" .:smile:

Oh i remember, the chubby guy and ?wife has also a young son... and some friends/relatives...

pasture8

Alfrescian
Loyal

I might be sensitive, but I'm very "wen Rou" too lol :p

Can't agree more that this is a good "family" :-) everyone is just so so nice. Thumbs and toes up up up :-)

Brother, like what i reply Ms Tiong, we need NEIGHBOURS ah!!!! :( So what are u waiting for.... like someone above just mention, RM500K only in your dreams now... i can't believe myself too.... the good location property prices are rising thru the roof, they defy global fundamentals... Europe in trouble, USA in trouble, but this part of the world asians are cash rich and smart, but the developers are not stupid too...they "hunt" like wolf pack...UEM-Setia-IMJ-KSL-Syntex-etc... dun wait liao hehe :biggrin:

Status
Not open for further replies.