• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Whats4

Alfrescian
Loyal
Once u purchase, its quite difficult to rent it out now. Cos the supply is literally flooded while demand is not really there. To be frank, the economy of the entire Johor state is probably 10 times smaller than Singapore even though Johor is 50 times bigger than Singapore. So the demand of shophouses will never outstrip the supply. But if u must buy, look out for Nusa Bestari 2 or Sutera Utama side.. Good prospect but capital appreciate is limited as it has already appreciated 100%.

I will still advise you against buying a shoplot. If u got spare cash, drive to East ledang side and see if there are any more apartments to buy and rent to students of the universities.

even for biz purpose not advisable?

Stevewish

Alfrescian
Loyal

Hi,

As mentioned, rental is "peanut", that also means the cost of business is very low and shall favour business.:smile:

very low rental+cheap labour+cheap materials = > higher profit margin ?

No risk no gain

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal

The Danga Utama shop lot site near Carrefour was sold out when we went back there to check a few hours later. Rental for shops is actually very lucrative but we are too late to buy now as the prices are now 1 plus million for most places worth buying. Commercial property prices are too high now, jacking up rental for most people.

Residential property is still ok, especially in the area near the universities, etc.

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Thanks Wuqi, dapbest and wiseguy for your replies :smile:

Thanks for the link Wuqi, now I'm thinking of getting 1 or 2 more terraces again :wink:

wiseguy

Alfrescian
Loyal
Land reclamation is planned at the tjg puteri area, which is 10km east of jb town, to facilitate site of the mrt station development. Thk u

Coolsaint77

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi investor have u checked out the market rate for rentals of semi ds and terraces in HH and East Ledang?

I was told by the sales that a semi-d in Horizon hills currently can fetch between rm6000-rm8000+ a month. Monthly instalment is probably rm3000+. And we are talking about a 7-9% yield in this instance. Not sure if there are actually units being rented out for this rate as I am still checking things out.

Hope bro wuqi can further advise on the rental condition

For EL... i hear varying info... someone put out an ad to rent out a corner unit semi-D with 6300 sft land for just MYR5500 per month, that house must have costs at least 1.3m (phase 1)... at the same time i was told someone rented out a furnished semi-D for MYR7500 p/mth? I think the current rental for EL might not be good due to unavailability of amenities.

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Ok, just heard the news from excited relatives who came by today, i first heard of the proposal being mooted but now it seems its confirmed the MRT will be connecting to here in 8 years time?

Haven't been watching the news lately, is it really confirmed or still just a proposal?

Old news from May.
http://ansek.tchmachines.com/~smpml...ghlight=&sid=20f349b05298a9e5e90452cbe7571c9c

I've recorded the news, it said in Mandarin, "When Railway(MRT or whatever) linking to Malaysia completes in 2018, there will be a common CIQ."

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Hi investor have u checked out the market rate for rentals of semi ds and terraces in HH and East Ledang?

I was told by the sales that a semi-d in Horizon hills currently can fetch between rm6000-rm8000+ a month. Monthly instalment is probably rm3000+. And we are talking about a 7-9% yield in this instance. Not sure if there are actually units being rented out for this rate as I am still checking things out.

Hope bro wuqi can further advise on the rental condition

For EL, terraces bought at RM4xx,xxx are rented out at RM3xxx/mth.(Not rumour, one of our fellow forummer achieved that).

For semi-d in EL, based on the same rental yield, rental should be around RM6xxx/mth.

Rental rates depends on many other factors, above rates are just achievable guideline.

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Being ignorant in this case?

Being uninformed and thinking that all proposed projects will materialized without factoring all risks involved. Yes, that's being ignorant.

Trying to avoid being labeled as ignorant and thus assuming that all projects will not materialize. Yes, that's being equally ignorant, on the other extreme.

I don't think anyone here is ignorant. Supporters, like dapbest, knows that not all projects will succeed, skeptics like Myo said "Just be cautious. We can still hope". No one here is an extremist. Are you?

Last edited:

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
hi wuqi, i have just checked online and found that Tanjong puteri is actually inside Stulang laut area right next to the new CIQ. Puteri Harbour and TAnjong putueri are actually two different places. The mrt will now lead to tanjong puteri for sure ( its just like our bus 160/170 ) and it will occur in 5-10 years time.

A MRT leading into Nusajaya is inside the proposal but i am not sure if its 100% confirmed.

Yes, there are going to be multiple CIQs, someone just sent me this:

1. Woodlands (Land access, causeway)
2. Tuas (Land access through bridge)
3. Tanjong Puteri (Land access through train)
4. Puteri Harbour (Access from the sea through ferry)

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Agree, just ignore, there are some people are still adamant that 50 year once in a year flash floods will never occur in Singapore even if it has already occured multiple times in a single year.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Oh yes, it is being rented out at this rate currently, even i was surprised. This rate is unheard of.

A subtle change occured in the local mindset recently from what i can see. Exactly one year ago, contractors coming to fix and install stuff were telling me not to buy here, its over priced, etc etc. It will never go up, it will depreciate immediately, etc.

Now the same guy, in fact even amongst his colleagues are all saying, they should have bought at least one.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
In HH, a friend of mine rented out his semi-d to a Singaporean family for $5500 but his immediate neighbour rented out his to a KL family for $7500 and that family transformed the place into some kind of mini palace with bali style furnishings.

$7500, that is some good rental yield.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Even with just 1 development coming up or just the highway materializing, this neighbourhood would be worth more than current. This one is for sure.

Just how much more is the debatable topic.

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Exactly one year ago, contractors coming to fix and install stuff were telling me not to buy here, its over priced, etc etc. It will never go up, it will depreciate immediately, etc.

Now the same guy, in fact even amongst his colleagues are all saying, they should have bought at least one.

They will have deeper regret another year later when Nusajaya comes to life.

LKY's comment about S'poreans being ignorant(uninformed, unaware, lack of knowledge) is indeed correct, so many are not even aware of the progress of their closest neighbor, let alone seizing any potential opportunity.

Coolsaint77

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Coolsaint,

Have you confirmed your EL Semi-D yet? :smile:

Not yet, how about sell me one of your Type C you have 3 units right :-p

Next Monday signing S&P. Beginner's luck... went down again last Thu to survey site and turned up one buyer returned a unit Type B. It is facing the slim garden instead of having a house right beside... i swapped to this unit since it will have its whole stretch facing the slim slim garden, and this unit is not at the boundary

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
For Semi-D, I only have one. The other two are terraces of Phase 7 :smile: I'm thinking of getting 1 or 2 more terraces, will be going to Nusajaya with a friend tomorrow.

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Not yet, how about sell me one of your Type C you have 3 units right :-p

Next Monday signing S&P. Beginner's luck... went down again last Thu to survey site and turned up one buyer returned a unit Type B. It is facing the slim garden instead of having a house right beside... i swapped to this unit since it will have its whole stretch facing the slim slim garden, and this unit is not at the boundary

By the way, you have to take note of the location of an electrical room in Phase 2. Standing on Phase 2 and facing Phase 1, the electrical room is located on the right hand corner between Phase 1 and Phase 2. Your resale value will be affected because many people will choose not to have an electrical room next to their house.

Status
Not open for further replies.