• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Blue_S

Alfrescian
Loyal
True, the sales company are indeed very inexperienced. They should learn from Capitaland to recruit students/retirees to queue for unit before offically open..stirring a fight if poossible.. Now everyone know about Bedok Residence.. and not sure if these people know they are paying $1300psf for a MRT view or Bus stop view with 99 year lease..

Yes, indeed as well as the view to bedok reservoirs has now become the hot spot of suicide location. It was thought to be a nice place once...and where we can have a nice walk in night after a tiring day of works.

euphony

Alfrescian
Loyal
i remember you mentioned before, you travel from 2nd link to Changi or something. i've clocked in 65k currently and counting. :p
and hear hear. am crazy bout cars too! i frantically believe the joy is in the journey not the destination :biggrin: let's see if the next decade will see JB change to a safer area as well as more automobile brands setting up at eh southern tip. I wonder if there'll be a reverse reversal of trend of staying in SG and renting out JB in the times to come. :biggrin: that should prove... colorful (for the lack of a better word). If I don't remember wrongly was it HH (fellow forummer) also doing the same?

Haha call me crazy... but i am in constant search for "change". A changed environment inspires me.
After spending 3 years in JB and driving 120,000 km... i am in the mood for change again... i have moved back to SG at a location 2km away from office.
The other reason is my love for cars... unfortunately my car is not suitable for JB. I don't want to hide my car at home and commute around in a Proton.
Finally i plan to have kids and and my wife wish to have our kids born in SG. These 3 reasons prompted us to move back to SG... for now.

I hope this will not discourage any bros moving to JB as i have explained my reasons. I remain invested in JB and i can move back very easily when my EL house is ready... but probably a lucky tenant is going to enjoy the first stay in my house when it is ready end of next year.

fischerman12

Alfrescian
Loyal
Need some advice, me and wife is thinking of investing in a property in JB, and she quite like D'esplanade on top of KSL city. Is it a good investment.

Very new to property in JB , so hope bros here can help to give some advice.

Thanks

Blue_S

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Bros,

How you guys see the Horizon residence? And what sort of park are they building opposite? Why they always like to chop down all nature and trees, later plant with some species which you need to wait for ages to grow.

Also, always dig holes (said to be nice lakes) but I have already found many no water...

avelc

Alfrescian
Loyal
U r right Avelc, it doesnt make sense to pay so much for a 99 yr leasehold (private and public included) Beside, there seemed to be no such thing as freehold in SG anymore, rules can be changed to take your property away from u for the common good. It doesnt take a rocket scientist to figure out where to buy your next property : ) All the best in your search; dont give up ur dream or let people tell u otherwise.

Certainly, will shop around starting this weekend. Thanks for sharing the info about purchase fee too!

My 2 cents, if you have a list of,say 10 items that you are looking for before deciding to get a place if achieve 5 or maybe 6 or 7 items on you list, I suggest you take the plunge. If you wait for everything to come together, you might not get the place you are looking for. Not trying to scare you but the way things are going I would think property prices will keep on increasing and might make it even more difficult to decide! A chicken and egg question! All the best in your search. :smile:

Thank you. Not trying to sound too bullish, but I really like what I hear in Nusajaya. My wife bought Ujana apt, so this will be our 2nd place there. Many factors to consider like choice of neighbourhood and size, n whether to go for subsale or buy direct from developer. Reading this thread from the beginning gives me an idea of pros & cons, now it's about going to the ground n viewing...

arsenal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Those that can contribute CPF and money to singapore $first govt stay and will be welcome as citizen.. Those that can't contribute money to govt get out of their sights.. So while we have a choice, we must also maximize... Make money in Singapore, spend money elsewhere...Or just choose to live in places that make you happy...

my friend's brother works for MOM. He is sent to India FT for 3 years and he mentions there is a whole team of them in various countries including China to head hunt and attract more FT into SG. Not for blue collar jobs but for white collar ones.

Last edited:

euphony

Alfrescian
Loyal
for those who are thinking about renovations of your JB home in time to come, here's one for some inspirations (its sg not JB though). the transformation was jaw dropping to say the least.

euphony

Alfrescian
Loyal
hear hear!

Those that can contribute CPF and money to singapore $first govt stay and will be welcome as citizen.. Those that can't contribute money to govt get out of their sights.. So while we have a choice, we must also maximize... Make money in Singapore, spend money elsewhere...Or just choose to live in places that make you happy...

palden

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://www.thissit.com/NewsDetails.aspx?NewsID=9

KUALA LUMPUR: Deputy Prime Minister Tan Sri Muhyiddin Yassin said that new guidelines which is approved and endorsed by the National Council for Local Government will now be applied to all new gated and guarded communities’ applications.

Exemption on existing gated or guarded communities’ schemes.

Definite height for fences and permanent guardhouse with security guards patrolling the perimeter will be mentioned in the new guideline, said by Deputy Minister.

Local authorities has their right to make removal on the boom gate and guard posts if found them unsuitable, so guarded communities need to make sure these posts are temporary structures. Nevertheless, pricing are not involved in the guideline.

Muhyiddin said that non-residents have right to access schools or playgrounds through guarded communities’ housing area. And he added current gated communities may continue to use their barricades and guards provided that they do not cause inconvenience to residents.

A by-law will later be formulated under existing laws e.g. Strata Titles Act and Street, Drainage and Building Act to allow local authorities to deal with uncooperative parties.

Sanur

Alfrescian
Loyal
Need some advice, me and wife is thinking of investing in a property in JB, and she quite like D'esplanade on top of KSL city. Is it a good investment.

Thanks

I have not been to ksl, but I heard that ksl have shops selling "branded" goods which the owner said "cannot really said real" when asked. Shops selling pirated DVD too, n shopping centre is big but reminds them of palangi, so having condo on top of ksl a good place to buy???

palden

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thinking of buying but see the gap between the two towers too close. 10 years down the road it might become another holiday plaza. Would you want to stay on top of holiday plaza? Once shop start closing, there goes everything.

arsenal

Alfrescian
Loyal
From the singapore news this evening, the poor quality of some new HDBs were reported.. Leakings and all sort of problems... So even if one pay S$600k for a new HDB flat doesnt mean the quality is better than those rm500k houses in JBs.. Recently I heard the latest batch of top PSLE students are not from the elite schools...the truth is students do well because of the expensive tutors rather than the schools.. Quality of singapore is going down the hill on almost every aspect of lives.. Private schools in malaysia are not bad at all.. Hospitals have doctors who came from the same uk universities and equipment from the most advanced country yet one dont have to pay as much as singapore.. Worse, we have doctors that charged as long as you have, rather than a reasonable price... Moral standard is going down the drain.. 10 years ago my friend from public admin services told me how their next 10 years policy is to enhance Singapore competitive edge and make Singaporean work harder.. 10 years later than I realize they achieve that through massive import of cheap labours for both blue NS white collars and via GDP bonus... The moral compass is spoilt and replaced by $$ compass.. How I wish there is another country that can give citizenships as easily as Singapore... I will grasp one for sure and make $ in Singapore and prepare for retirement in the new home...

Last edited:

Sanur

Alfrescian
Loyal
Only the top first not from elite, the second onwards yes, like acs, Rgps, st nic, st hildas, Tao nan etc etc

contra

Alfrescian
Loyal

Thanks

Suggest you take a visit to KSL City & Jusco. The ambience is very very diff from a Jusco (whether Tebrau or Bukit Indah). Personally I will not mind staying above a Jusco for its professional management but sorry not KSL City. Actually why that area instead of Nusajaya where there is the EduCity rental story? Is it the amenities and closeness to Causeway that attracts you? What target market of tenants are you looking for? For same price why condo and not landed in a G&G area? These are important questions f you are an investor.

geritan

Alfrescian
Loyal
im intending to buy HH for own staying, becus for the scenery it can provide for the elderly..

may parents are both 69 and 73 .. im age 28.. im adopted. single kid,... married with a new born and a PRC wife..

It's a good thing that you would like to provide a scenery enviroment for your parents. It will be good if they drive or else they will be cooped up in the estate all day. Life will be difficult if you don't drive in msia. Public transport is not easily accessible. I have an aunt who used to stay at Pelangi area, she took her driving license and got a car when she move further up to Mount Austin area at the age of 55. That's to show that it can be inconvenient for a local too.
As for your kid's education, unless you can afford private school. Or else, I still think Sin is better.

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Malaysia, Singapore urged to tap each other’s advantages

SINGAPORE: Singapore's Trade and Industry Minister Lim Hng Kiang has urged Malaysia and Singapore to capitalise on each other's comparative advantages to brave the global economic volatilities ahead.

“In the uncertain global economic climate, Malaysia and Singapore should reinforce each other's growth by finding collaborative niches in the manufacturing and services value chains. This will help us ride out the economic volatility that lies ahead,” he said at the Malaysia-Singapore Business Forum 2011 last week.

Lim also encouraged businesses in Singapore to leverage their expertise with Malaysian companies by integrating business or manufacturing processes across the borders.

Lim: ‘Iskandar and Singapore could well have the potential to develop into a seamless economic space some day.’

“The close proximity between Iskandar Malaysia and Singapore means that managing such integrated processes can be faster and easier. This is a valuable proposition that should be exploited.

“Looking ahead into the future, with the right match of industries and connectivity for goods and people further enhanced, Iskandar and Singapore could well have the potential to develop into a seamless economic space some day,” he said.

Singapore is Malaysia's largest trading partner. From January to October 2011, bilateral trade grew 3.8% to US$92.6bil (RM296bil) from the same corresponding period.

According to the Malaysian Investment Development Authority (Mida), Singapore was the fifth largest investor in Malaysia for the first eight months of 2011, contributing RM1.9bil worth of manufacturing-related investments.

Meanwhile, International Trade and Industry Minister Datuk Seri Mustapa Mohamed said companies from both Malaysia and Singapore needed to find a balance on where they could compete with and complement each other.

“We have to be realistic. In some areas we complement, other areas we compete. At the end of the day, it's about who is the most productive and it's the best man that wins.”

Last edited:

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
the whole area very wong with all the amenities. When BH, ND (ND's condo), setia sky/gardens (did i hear correctly a 3rd one is mooted?), inner setia developments close to HH, the numerous HH precincts + fairway suites, horizon residences, NI, Nusa Bayu/central, setia eco gardens are all done and occupied. The roads may need to be upgraded...

Yes it will be jammed pack. Some areas will still have escape valves and once you know where the side roads are, it becomes easier.
Walk like an egyptian, drive like a malaysian. :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.