• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.
Status
Not open for further replies.

yonglip

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi

Been to sutera mall once, how do I go from leisure farm?? Should b all the way to jusco bt indah and ...?
Thanks

drive towards tesco and turn left at the junction where Courts is..drive along...you will by pass Best mart...come to a t junction...just continue straight...another 3-4km..bingo...the whole place is hard to miss...

checkers

Alfrescian
Loyal
For those who likes Thai food, the Thai lady's stall beside Old Town White Coffee is pretty good - try her fried rice. Another item i highly recommend is the "chee-cheong-fan" at Pearl coffeeshop (opp Petronas) in the morning, you can still get at 12pm. The "Kulai Claypot" shop seems popular too and right opposite there is the S-11 (??) coffeeshop - try prawn noodle dry is great

I noticed that business at the Thai lady's stall (didn't know she is a Thai) is good when i was there. Tried the Bak Kut Teh there - not too bad at 9 RM a bowl.

cockcansing

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hopefully the menu and ingredients used are the same.

Pizzas in Pizza Hut taste very different from the ones we eat back home.

Yeah the pizza a little different, like the chickens and such but the pizzas are about the same. As for the Subway, I can guess it will be the same taste as the ones in KL. Basically caters for the halal customers. Their sauces are different. But my kids like the meatball subs so not much different.

abugumgum

Alfrescian
Loyal
In Business Times today:

Johor royal family, Peter Lim to build medical hub and marina city in JB
Malaysia's Johor Royal Family and businessman Peter Lim have signed on Thursday an agreement to acquire a 10-hectare site for the development of a medical hub and a marina city.

jasonjst

Alfrescian
Loyal
You are all right. infact i see the positive side years ago.

Im sure everyone here will greatly benefit from ur investments.

btw, saw some ads in Bt. Indah inter selling 350K+. sgian can buy?
i hear there is a way to work around the 500k requirement?

anyone got answer maybe can pm....haha.

Bro , you cant buy anything below 500K , also advisable you buy G&G .

Last edited:

jasonjst

Alfrescian
Loyal
eh bro..maybe u mistaken la.....i for both place to BOOM!! its good if both developers try to outdo each other...end of the day...consumers like u and me have more choices...afterall they are only about 5KM from each other.

Indeed johoreans like bro Shawn mentioned that what's happening in BI/SM is unprecedented....unchartered territory even. Maybe timely to take stock whats happening or going to happen 1KM from BI circular to illustrate the 'gravity' of the situation.

1. 2 hypermarkets with own array of shops
2. A huge shopping mall with world class cinema
3. Huge array of shops + Indah Walk 1, 2 and 3....more retail/restaurants/commercial/office....as if the present lot not enough!
4 2 condos
5. Bus and LRT links to Singapore
6. couple of hotels,..some 4 stars.
7. new and old residential precints

i am hard pressed to find another taman in JB that has so much development taking place at just ONE SPOT on the map.....

like i say, put in the istana and you could have a mini orchard road in the making. haha.

Bro..maybe u mistaken me also leh ,
OK I have a house in Sutera Utama and a shophouse in Bestari Height , which side you think I should take side . Best is both area boom lah .. better that BH area do well since my shop will fetch better rental , right ?
But tell you what, my biggest regret is didnt buy the shophouse at Sutera Utama when price was low at 800K . OK forget about past liao . Currently shophouse in Sutera Utama can fetch 5-8K , BH shophouse can fetch 3.5K or even less in certain part . Funny thing is at such high rental , businesses still willing to take up . Something must be there that the business owner see different from us right ?

OK come to orchard road , I am proud that we have best shopping malls in SG / Orchard . But the funny thing is I go to Orchard in the 80's ,90's almost every weekend but now I didnt even go there for last 5 years . Maybe you shop at Orchard every week ? or once a year ? Sometime it me wonder Orchard road / Suntec / MBS is built for citizen to enjoy or to chase away the poor citizen out of the town . I only see FTs / angmoh/ pinoys there . Precisely because of SG getting too high class , everything is world class that we feel left out/ less places to shop & relax that we choose to move here where things are easier for the pocket / relaxing to our soul.
Hence might not be a good thing to put too many estabishments in one small area , well balance is best . Just like soup , too much ingrediants will spolit the soup . :smile:

Maybe in future the whole town become like Orchard , all the locals got displaced lah , only Singaporeans and Foreigners there. How the locals like that , maybe we will be too happy because we are all vested . ( Already happening OK , just see how long the Orang Asili Villiage at Laguna can stay, look at the banners along the coastal highway ? )
I would like the Malaysian Goverment to bulit a nice township for all to work , live and enjoy both locals and some foreigners who can intergrate well into the comittee.

Last edited:

cathylmg

Alfrescian
Loyal
In Business Times today:

Malaysia's Johor Royal Family and businessman Peter Lim have signed on Thursday an agreement to acquire a 10-hectare site for the development of a medical hub and a marina city.

I copied this from another blog. For your reading pleasure :smile: :-

S'pore billionaire plans Johor medical centre
Sun, Apr 17, 2011
AsiaOne

SINGAPORE - Singaporean billionaire Peter Lim is currently working on bringing Thomson Medical Centre across the causeway and into Johor.

The Straits Times reported that the, The Edge weekly said: Mr Lim who took over the Singapore-listed Thomson Medical private last year, has bought 14ha of land in the southern Malaysian state for the project.

The land, in the Stulang Laut area, about 2km from the Johor Causeway, was bought for a purported RM200 million (S$83 million), it reported.

A source added that 'Mr Lim is working to bring in Thomson Medical group to possibly build a health-care facility on that land, probably in an effort to capture more of the medical tourism market.'

The Edge also said he was eyeing a piece of land near Singapore's Botanic Gardens that is currently owned by Johor royalty.

Aisanbo

Alfrescian
Loyal
In Business Times today:

He's trying to bring in Thomson Medical Centre into JB. The land is at Stulang Laut.

cathylmg

Alfrescian
Loyal
Very much agree with you jason. It is better to boom all rounded instead of just a particular area else it will be like KL in Malaysia, where all the rest of the country were still kampong. How did the locals feel then? And we all know that KL is 'not' Malaysia. Best is prosper althogether. :smile:

OK I have a house in Sutera Utama and a shophouse in Bestari Height , which side you think I should take side . Best is both area boom lah .. better that BH area do well since my shop will fetch better rental , right ?
But tell you what, my biggest regret is didnt buy the shophouse at Sutera Utama when price was low at 800K . OK forget about past liao . Currently shophouse in Sutera Utama can fetch 5-8K , BH shophouse can fetch 3.5K or even less in certain part . Funny thing is at such high rental , businesses still willing to take up . Something must be there that the business owner see different from us right ?

OK come to orchard road , I am proud that we have best shopping malls in SG / Orchard . But the funny thing is I go to Orchard in the 80's ,90's almost every weekend but now I didnt even go there for last 5 years . Maybe you shop at Orchard every week ? or once a year ? Sometime it me wonder Orchard road / Suntec / MBS is built for citizen to enjoy or to chase away the poor citizen out of the town . I only see FTs / angmoh/ pinoys there . Precisely because of SG getting too high class , everything is world class that we feel left out and move here where thing are easier for the pocket / relaxing to our soul.
Hence might not be a good thing to put too many estabishments in one small area , well balance is best . Just like soup , too much ingrediants will spolit the soup . :smile:

Maybe in future the whole town become like Orchard , all the locals got displaced lah , only Singaporeans and Foreigners there. How the locals like that , maybe we will be too happy because we are all vested .

checkers

Alfrescian
Loyal

think it works something like this. i may be wrong. check it out with the sales.

Quoted sales price is 500 K less sales rebate of 30K - so actual price paid is 470 K. But note that stamp duty and whatever tax is based on quoted sales price.

cathylmg

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bros and Sis here. Do you believe that there are 2 hotspring in Johor? I just found them out. Both not far from JB. They are Lebis Hot Spring and Grisek Hot Spring. Google them! :smile:

Last edited:

euphony

Alfrescian
Loyal
most str8 forward is to have a malaysian spouse and buy in his/her name.

euphony

Alfrescian
Loyal
the kids will not be able to appreciate that what lies on the land of ion was once a piece of grassland in the midst of upscale real estate...

OK come to orchard road , I am proud that we have best shopping malls in SG / Orchard . But the funny thing is I go to Orchard in the 80's ,90's almost every weekend but now I didnt even go there for last 5 years . Maybe you shop at Orchard every week ? or once a year ? Sometime it me wonder Orchard road / Suntec / MBS is built for citizen to enjoy or to chase away the poor citizen out of the town . I only see FTs / angmoh/ pinoys there . Precisely because of SG getting too high class , everything is world class that we feel left out/ less places to shop & relax that we choose to move here where things are easier for the pocket / relaxing to our soul.

Maybe in future the whole town become like Orchard , all the locals got displaced lah , only Singaporeans and Foreigners there. How the locals like that , maybe we will be too happy because we are all vested . ( Already happening OK , just see how long the Orang Asili Villiage at Laguna can stay, look at the banners along the coastal highway ? )
I would like the Malaysian Goverment to bulit a nice township for all to work , live and enjoy both locals and some foreigners who can intergrate well into the comittee.

Status
Not open for further replies.