• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
What a close shave.... Freaked me out.....

Im always scared while reversing..... (Yeah no license in Spore yet!)

My condolence.
Years ago I had a close encounter of similar sort in downtown SG. My car was parked in front of a grocery shop where 5 to 6 women were chatting noisily in the shop. As I started the car engine and just about to move off, someone shouted me to STOP and then he rushed to my car, bent down and PULLED out a toddler from underneath my car! The woman who was looking after the toddler got too absorbed in conversation and the toddler crawled out of the shop, across the 5-foot way, on to the street and got under my parked car. Luckily those days air-con car was rare, else i could have not hear the shouting and would move off my car.

jasonjst

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: A philosophical perspective

anything bought 2 years back already got profit right?

urs 3 years back ah? Wah.... must be now valued at close to 800k upwards right based on where you bought it?

Setia is about 1 mil.... So if ur at HH could be about the same/higher?

Not too concern about any profit , got free stay for last 3 years which is what suprise me . When I bought the unit, I was prepared that it was money spend for good . Even if I dont spend it on JB house, I might spend it elsewhere which you cant even see.
My house is not at HH , it is at Sutera Mall area , the resale is around 600K . Newlaunch is 730K with smaller land area . BTW any bros in this forum is staying in Sutera Utama area ? Look like I am the only person leh , very lonely. I was wondering I can bring my kids for swiming at HH and visit you guys there too ?

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
S'pore asks Malaysia about two women's ordeal in JB
June 15, 2001

SINGAPORE'S Foreign Affairs Ministry has asked the Malaysian immigration authorities for more information on the treatment of two Singaporean women detained for nearly 48 hours in Johor Baru.

The women - who wanted to be known only as Ms Chang and Ms Lim - told The Straits Times that they were handcuffed, thrown behind bars and forced to undress and perform squats.

Their nightmare happened after they accidentally entered Johor Baru without getting their passports stamped, by driving through what they said was an unmanned immigration lane.

'Our consulate in JB has been in touch with the Malaysian immigration authorities to enquire on the investigation and detention procedures that the two Singaporeans underwent,' said a Ministry of Foreign Affairs spokesman.

Ms Chang, an insurance industry manager in her late 30s, and Ms Lim, an estate agent in her late 20s, met up with consular officers here yesterday to recount their ordeal.

They had driven across the Causeway for a snack in the early hours of last Thursday. After realising they had accidentally gone straight through immigration, they immediately did a U-turn. They said they were questioned by immigration officers, and then taken to the Pekan Nenas detention centre in Pontian where they were ordered to strip and do 10 squats each.

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: A philosophical perspective

My wife had the same reasons for buying the JB house.... Thousands of dollars spent on holidays every year....

She said might as well get a house in JB even if i dun get the money back. Profit was never the motive for her.... Memories and ofcourse .... knowing where your money went was more important.

On a different note bro you have profitted already what..... 50% good already you know..... U were wise.... Bought 3 years back... People who buy now or next year dunno when they gonna break even and then make some money..... Cause developers factor in all the speculator bit already unlike Spore.

Not too concern about any profit , got free stay for last 3 years which is what suprise me . When I bought the unit, I was prepared that it was money spend for good . Even if I dont spend it on JB house, I might spend it elsewhere which you cant even see.
My house is not at HH , it is at Sutera Mall area , the resale is around 600K . Newlaunch is 730K with smaller land area . BTW any bros in this forum is staying in Sutera Utama area ? Look like I am the only person leh , very lonely. I was wondering I can bring my kids for swiming at HH and visit you guys there too ?

cathylmg

Alfrescian
Loyal
Not really so for Malaysia girls nowaday. The standard has dropped. For every good example you quote, I can match it up with bad ones too.

My Malaysia tenants who graduated..

Hi Cathy I have to agree with u. Nowadays I see many Malaysian Girls getting so suck-up and lazy. You know my wife got like many brothers and sisters and ever since I married her years, they have automatically decided not to look for jobs and makan on us from breakfast to dinner. And to top it off, they can even CHOOSE what they want to eat.. chicken chop, steak etc.. at which resturants etc when they are not even paying. One or twice a year is fine with me but they are doing it like every weekend and its up to 3 time per week.

The trouble with the Singaporean Gong Kia is that....why must eat at restaurant? Why eat at expensive places then grumble? Simple things like that could have been avoided in the first place. (I was just pulling your legs! :biggrin: Sorry if I sounded too hush! My mil also happen to like to whole family go for seafood. The problem is whos going to pickup the tab? Thankfully now me and my hubby are vegetarians. :biggrin:)

Imagine I marry my wife ( 2 of us ) and when we had to go for dinner, the whole family turned up and makan without paying ( which amount to over 10 pax ). One of her sister actually got married and u know what, bring her husband and two kids home EVERYDAY to eat and sleep etc from Monday-Sunday ). I pity my father-in-law in a way.. He tot that marry out one daughter his life could be better but end up he gota feed HER hubby and THEIR two kids. Damn.. poor ting

Btw, have you happen to develope a love for home cooked food already? :biggrin:

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
The thread moving super fast... Cant keep up. Have to back and forth several times.... And realised i keep missing posts .... Really cant keep up....

Sorry did not get the HH and Fairway......

U referring to my reply to malapore? If im mistaken sorry dude....

Aiyo we cannot sympathise or empathise anymore..... karma bear will come knocking :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Karmabear no offence ah... So dun whack me again

Why the tread so fast moving?! haha

AP: Horizon residence is different from fairway suites the latter pushed by HH the earlie is not. Think a lot of people mistaken.

Skippy: not in HH nor EL so cannot initiate but will contribute dish when it becomes a reality.

about the MY SG wives etc. I say 'buyers' beware. cannot sweeping statements la. HKers anyone? haha

As for the 2 girls, I do sympathize what they have gone through though I think this is a precise opportunity for naysayers to come in and gash their teeth in disapproval. Firstly why so 'early' in night to enter and second what kind of 'supper' were they looking for? So many 24 hour supper places in SG which can reach within minutes they dunwan. There is a chinese saying roughly translated as ownself looking for trouble.

jasonjst

Alfrescian
Loyal
S'pore asks Malaysia about two women's ordeal in JB
June 15, 2001

SINGAPORE'S Foreign Affairs Ministry has asked the Malaysian immigration authorities for more information on the treatment of two Singaporean women detained for nearly 48 hours in Johor Baru.

The women - who wanted to be known only as Ms Chang and Ms Lim - told The Straits Times that they were handcuffed, thrown behind bars and forced to undress and perform squats.

Their nightmare happened after they accidentally entered Johor Baru without getting their passports stamped, by driving through what they said was an unmanned immigration lane.

'Our consulate in JB has been in touch with the Malaysian immigration authorities to enquire on the investigation and detention procedures that the two Singaporeans underwent,' said a Ministry of Foreign Affairs spokesman.

Ms Chang, an insurance industry manager in her late 30s, and Ms Lim, an estate agent in her late 20s, met up with consular officers here yesterday to recount their ordeal.

They had driven across the Causeway for a snack in the early hours of last Thursday. After realising they had accidentally gone straight through immigration, they immediately did a U-turn. They said they were questioned by immigration officers, and then taken to the Pekan Nenas detention centre in Pontian where they were ordered to strip and do 10 squats each.

Bros , my thinking is that if these kind of thing happen to any of us , families or friends . Isn't it better to report lost of PP at our JB Singapore High Comm ?

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ok ok now i know what Bro wuqi and Euphony were referring to.

Sorry i understand ready....

Horizon hills was what i was referring to... Did not realise i inadvertently made HR= HH.

Sorry guys

Thanks for the vote of confidence bro AP.

Yes Hangyong, definitely not, in fact, as they cannot build a road connecting to Horizon Residence (again, not Horizon Hills) from the UEM/Nusa Idaman side, their perceived value has dropped quite a bit.

cathylmg

Alfrescian
Loyal
This is partially true, some will still ride roughshod over you. Either they won't bother greeting you or even acknowledging your presence or they just turn away. This is despite your giving their family a monthly allowance and sponsoring exam fees for a few of them. It doesn't even affect them that you had to fix their kitchen, change sofa to the rosewood type and add in new kitchen cabinets. Worse is you give them another 29" tv(years back), they expect a plasma/lcd one.

Because you Singaporean son-in-law rich mah. To you its just a tip of the ice-berg. So we poor malaysian you gotta take care cos our daughter we feed until so big then married to you. :biggrin: (as if like real, nothing beat the direct translation from what they are actually thinking. :biggrin: Hope you don't mind. :smile:)

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
What a close shave.... Freaked me out.....

Im always scared while reversing..... (Yeah no license in Spore yet!)

Me too prof, which was why i bought reverse cameras cheaply and then ordered those double din DVD players that i can hook up the reverse camera.
This, coupled with the reverse sensors will at least help safeguard especially if you are backing up at night. My cameras have IRs so even at night,
its good. Nothing beats good old common sense (not so common these days unfortunately) or caution though.

Even with all these, my wife still backs my cars into each other or worse still into the gates. Guess who pays the bills?

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
Agreed.... in the name of love .... we are generally prepared to do everything out of sincerity and innocence (believing in love).

But when that great love you have turns to be ur weakness.... when your partner takes advantage of it.... Then you are dead......

I pity those guys who carry womens handbags..... Its just not man... Its not about being MCP. Just not man....

Ok thanks Cathylmg, AP and HH, i am glad mine is ok compared to your examples. Compared to my neighbours, i am lucky but issue is sometimes you love them more than they love you. You may treat them like you did your rifle but to them, you might just be a milk churning cash cow.

This is my rifle there are many like it but this one is mine

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
Not scared ur wife read the forum sia?

My wife found my nick already....

Allow me to interject the discussion regarding the malaysian wives thread. Actually 10 years ago its quite true that Malaysian wives are much demure and show more respect to the husband. I am afraid now no more.. My own wife is a Malaysian and she sometimes boss me around ... imagine I am earning more than her and she can do this.. what if I earn less than her?

Her sister is one bitch. Kept RM 3500 of the RM 4000 salary that her hubby earn per month. He is so poor thing and had to work 7 days a week.. cant even have any entertainment and when the babies cry, we can all hear her berating the hubby and shouting at him to take care of the babies ( when its not his fault or job of course ).

SG wives can be better man. So please dont think about marrying a Malaysian wife just because u think she is better!

My 2 cent view

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
I agree about the eyes bit :wink::wink:

The greatest compliment a wife can give one:

When i first met you, i never knew you were so smart and capable.
When i first met you, i never expected i will be so happy.

The greatest compliment a massage lady can give one
(contributed by a learned friend)

Why is it so large?
Did any of your ancestor married caucasian?

(Talking about eyes lah)

cathylmg

Alfrescian
Loyal
Agreed.... in the name of love .... we are generally prepared to do everything out of sincerity and innocence (believing in love).

But when that great love you have turns to be ur weakness.... when your partner takes advantage of it.... Then you are dead......

I pity those guys who carry womens handbags..... Its just not man... Its not about being MCP. Just not man....

AP bros, my hubby does carry my handbags for me sometimes. I find his kind considerations attractive to me right from the very beginning. Something difference from the usual MCPs. He still does this now, whenever his hand are free. Cause I'm just not someone who ask for help, when it comes to carrying things. I tend to shoulder it all... :smile:

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
How come you so generous sia?

Wah must contemplate making friends with your wife and then i can join you for free makan... Somemore can choose restaurant + food....

Nice seh.....

This kinda life i aso wan.....

BRo HH u too nice la....

Not really so for Malaysia girls nowaday. The standard has dropped. For every good example you quote, I can match it up with bad ones too.

My Malaysia tenants who graduated..

Hi Cathy I have to agree with u. Nowadays I see many Malaysian Girls getting so suck-up and lazy. You know my wife got like many brothers and sisters and ever since I married her years, they have automatically decided not to look for jobs and makan on us from breakfast to dinner. And to top it off, they can even CHOOSE what they want to eat.. chicken chop, steak etc.. at which resturants etc when they are not even paying. One or twice a year is fine with me but they are doing it like every weekend and its up to 3 time per week.

Imagine I marry my wife ( 2 of us ) and when we had to go for dinner, the whole family turned up and makan without paying ( which amount to over 10 pax ). One of her sister actually got married and u know what, bring her husband and two kids home EVERYDAY to eat and sleep etc from Monday-Sunday ). I pity my father-in-law in a way.. He tot that marry out one daughter his life could be better but end up he gota feed HER hubby and THEIR two kids. Damn.. poor ting

hangyong

Alfrescian
Loyal
AP bros, my hubby does carry my handbags for me sometimes. I find his kind considerations attractive to me right from the very beginning. Something difference from the usual MCPs. He still does this now, whenever his hand are free. Cause I'm just not someone who ask for help, when it comes to carrying things. I tend to shoulder it all... :smile:

aiyo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I cannot tahan guys who carry charbor hand bags...

ok, if lets say the lady went toilet, and he carries for him... or she is injured.... or carrying heavy things.. I am fine...

But but carry when both holding hands walking down Orchard Road.. makes him look very girly....

pink-bag1.jpg

*face palm*

Status
Not open for further replies.