• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
Find it hard to understand why the Causeway (Spore to Malaysia) needs to get jammed at 7pm on a Sunday evening with plenty of Spore cars going into Malaysia.

The jam was at the Malaysia side of the immigration.

I notice this quite often.

People heading JB for dinner is it?

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
My experience with Digi was fantastic. I just wanted to max my usage just to see if the Fair usage policy would kick in. I surfed from morning till evening at 6pm. Downloaded a couple of kids videos. Watched youtube. downloaded docs.

Oh yeah and my Gold 90.5 streamed in undisrupted for atleast 3 hours before i turned it off

Seemed better than the spore 3g network (ha ha i sound like a digi sales person)

but really rm 3 unlimited is great.

now ... i used the internet at Setia Tropika, KIp mart tampoi indah, taman sentosa jalan kris, CIQ and JB Pusat bandaraya and even on the NS Highway and the inner roads...

HArdly any lag.... I was impressed for the price i paid....

Puts my 16MBPS starhub wired broadband to shame at times..

Last edited:

avalon74

Alfrescian
Loyal
From maxis i migrated to digi

good savings

i tink for most singaporeans who use jb as a weekend holiday home digi is a great option

after lots of trial n error finally discovered tht digi is good

the plan i subscribed to is hit rm 1 per day

once u hit rm 1 all calls video/voice to any network is 12c per day

digi-digi text 1c per text

Bro,
Sounds good.. any equipment cost for pre-paid plans?

avalon74

Alfrescian
Loyal
Find it hard to understand why the Causeway (Spore to Malaysia) needs to get jammed at 7pm on a Sunday evening with plenty of Spore cars going into Malaysia.

The jam was at the Malaysia side of the immigration.

I notice this quite often.

People heading JB for dinner is it?
Long weekend till tuesday?
CIQ did not provision for singapore crowd taking leave tomm

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
One of the reasons possibly... Thats why Friday night massive jam at the Spore side of immigration.

BTW this Sunday evening jam i have noticed quite a few times on normal weekends as well.

Dunno what goes?

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
Surprised... I thought there is a the Toll hi way quite close to where you live?

Or do you take Causeway?

Hi guys, anyone commuting from Nusa Idaman to SG daily? The Traffic is really bad, finding it very hard nowadays. Anyone can share some ideas and tips on how to survive this? I have a property in Nusa Idaman 2.5 Semi D, heliconia

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
2nd link is generally ok.

Every time i call the Traffic Hotline or access the Traffic Camera the 2nd link is relatively peaceful even at Peak Hours.

However when you just take it for granted.... thats when the 2nd link jams happen....

And they are pretty much terrible....

Long queues over a km and traffic hardly moves when that happens...
You mean 2nd link customs? I normally find it quite ok, this morning was bad as i was caught at 815am on SG side for about 10 minutes. Once in a blue moon i do meet crazy queues, but otherwise morning normally takes me 1hr to 1.15hr from NI to office near Changi Ind Park

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
From what i have known as far as the Johor market is concerned.....

Berinda takes the cake. Local Johoreans trust it especially for their quality and workmanship.

http://www.berinda.com/v2/index.php

Hi, actually if u ask seasoned owners, many turned a blind eye to it. Initially I turned a blind eye to the main gate, which is sub-standard and no better than those old terraces in Bukit Indah. Its all due to the security that I closed one eye. But when I bring my relatives, who have properties throughout Asia and Malaysia to view the house, their first strong reaction is:" What??! This kind of gate?? Buay sai lah!" RM 800K house they dare to give you this kind of gate?? "

When they got it, they like the space, but the quality of the doors, parquets, wall tiles cracks.. there are no hiding. They were disappointed and said only Singaporeans will buy it and not complain. Cos Sporeans come to Malaysia to look for houses which can guarantee them top security which is the #1 most important factor in looking for a house. But of course I have seen many Malaysians buy the house at RM 800K and spend another RM 300k to knock off the main gate and all the tiles.. cos they simply cannot make it.

InformedHH

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Break-in @ horizon hills

No offence to you.... But seriously.... Are you for real?

House broken into at Horizon Hills?

Unbelievable!

I was expecting the owner of the vacuum cleaner and rags/pails to at least give me a call or drop the security a message before they come and collect the items as they do not have the keys to my house.

Imagine my horror when, over the weekend I found that the items were missing from the ground floor and someone had BROKEN into my house from the side windows. As a result, my windows alignment were out and there is no way I could slide it easily. My contractor helped to repair the windows and made sure the alignment is in before we proceeded to LOCK up the windows again.

Lucky my furnitures and TVs etc from Singapore is not yet moved to the new house yet. Any comments?

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal

After 7 long months of delay, I finally confirm my defects list last week even though the tiles were not replaced, a part of the wall wasnt painted, and many more minor issues which I dont wish to elaborate.

I wanted to lock up my house so that my contractor can be with me over the weekends to do some minor start to the renovation. Before I lock my house, I found that there is a vacuum cleaner, a pail and some rag on the ground level of my house.

I locked up the house anyway, as I have confirmed the defects list and do not want anyone to enter the house. Also, my neighbour house is also undergoing reno so I do not wish anyone to simply climb into my house. I made sure the balcony doors and all windows were LOCKEd from the inside and the main door, locked.

I was expecting the owner of the vacuum cleaner and rags/pails to at least give me a call or drop the security a message before they come and collect the items as they do not have the keys to my house.

Imagine my horror when, over the weekend I found that the items were missing from the ground floor and someone had BROKEN into my house from the side windows. As a result, my windows alignment were out and there is no way I could slide it easily. My contractor helped to repair the windows and made sure the alignment is in before we proceeded to LOCK up the windows again.

Lucky my furnitures and TVs etc from Singapore is not yet moved to the new house yet. Any comments?

This is really serious, i would suggest strongly to lodge a report as this looks like something the defect contractors did as they are the only ones likely to have done this.

This is an inside job but from the looks of it, they are just retrieving their stuff if nothing else was taken. I encountered this before but rather than just locking others stuff inside, i would contact them or put it outside the porch if its not too expensive (as people may think i am trying to take their stuff).

I find it really strange though, i have one house less than you but never encountered as many problems nor did they ever use a vacuum machine in any of mine, mostly they just use broom.

Folks may need their stuff and in the hurry may not have thought of giving the owner a call though there is still no need to do this hence HH, you should report straight to HH township about this.

Polymin

Alfrescian
Loyal

This is really serious, i would suggest strongly to lodge a report as this looks like something the defect contractors did as they are the only ones likely to have done this.

This is an inside job but from the looks of it, they are just retrieving their stuff if nothing else was taken. I encountered this before but rather than just locking others stuff inside, i would contact them or put it outside the porch if its not too expensive (as people may think i am trying to take their stuff).

I find it really strange though, i have one house less than you but never encountered as many problems nor did they ever use a vacuum machine in any of mine, mostly they just use broom.

Folks may need their stuff and in the hurry may not have thought of giving the owner a call though there is still no need to do this hence HH, you should report straight to HH township about this.

Waste no time to report to police and kick the security asses! Tell them you will not pay for security until they give you a corrective action report.

Time to time the EL security, do let their guard down too. the security company will get an earful from me and officially in writing(positive feedback). Having said that I'm also fair to the guards, giving them my appreciation when they do well. I will also have specially packed food for them every time I have an event at home.

Last edited:

InformedHH

Alfrescian
Loyal

Reporting to police i dun think gonna help.

Reporting to the township authorities may help to some extent.

Kick security arses? No way you can do that. At most if you change the security company they will just go and work at another Township.

Waste no time to report to police and kick the security asses! Tell them you will not pay for security until they give you a corrective action report.

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
Was thinking of visiting my home tonight to enjoy the home...

Alas my kids having chinese tuition tomorrow morning at 10am. But good lah... They one of the toppers in Higher Chinese at the moment... Dunno maybe next time the marks got drop or not?

So well.... Here i am stuck in the 4 walls of my Spore Flat...

Status
Not open for further replies.