• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think at that point in time the market was down both in Spore and Malaysia (to some extent atleast)

The MYR was at 245.

Apart from all the other items they gave me they also offered any one of the following:

1) Levy OR
2) Starhills Golf and Country Club membership

My wife and i thought over it several times and eventually took up the Levy offer.

Thank you Wuqi.:smile::smile:

Bro Prof, you are the luckiest one of them all in that case, i paid levy for every single one of my houses, my wife noted that the levies in total can buy her a MPV.

You got in at a good time and at a good deal, i am happy for you. :smile:

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Hey Prof, i guess they were referring to jerry cans as in you can pump them and bring home to your place in ST and pour into SG cars?

Actually if you have a few friendly neighbours, you can just ask them to use your car for nearby groceries and to help you top up and you pay them later. Most are even nicer though and asks if i want to top up, they will just go with me. Some petrol kiosks, once you know them though, will normally just turn a blind eye or let you pump up to 50RM in value in total which is more than enough to fill up a car.

Then again, i normally pump mostly 97, 95 is only when i want to top up a little. I always have this habit/practice of keeping my gas tanks full, all the time as much as i can. Again, BHP petrol is the best!! :biggrin:

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Btw, saw some pages back(actually many pages now) about how Myvi is hard pressed to climb up a hill, does anyone know whether it was an AT or MT?
Quite curious as i have at least 10 of my friends here who have one and they all love it. A couple have the bigger version, the Alza which is quite ok actually,
slightly more powerful although smaller than the Exora? I sat in one recently on the way to Genting, it was an easy ride up.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
I think at that point in time the market was down both in Spore and Malaysia (to some extent atleast)

The MYR was at 245.

Apart from all the other items they gave me they also offered any one of the following:

1) Levy OR
2) Starhills Golf and Country Club membership

My wife and i thought over it several times and eventually took up the Levy offer.

Thank you Wuqi.:smile::smile:

Gosh, that was really good of them, i am so glad that they did the right thing for you. Some developers like ST do have a conscience. I know developers are jacking prices but when i went to the MAPEX property fair (at Citysquare) yesterday, talked to folks there. Most of the properties there have some kind of 10% discount but only for locals. Some of the units at Setia, even at Eco already reached their foreigner limit except for certain semi-d units (1.3m)

Property pricing have indeed gone up quite a bit but the managers for one of the developments told us this, his boss said no more raising of prices even though people are still doing that. His managers/directors had urged the boss to raise pricing but he said, what about our own people who wants to better themselves and get these houses? So in the end, the proposal to raise the prices did not go through.

Their people really do take care of their own.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Yeah, same for the first one. Didn't pay anything except the deposits. Many freebies too...

Excellent, good for you too Cathy, its always good to see fellow SG folks getting bargains.
I will be back in crowded SG to vote tomorrow, my vote will be done wisely. :wink:

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Guys,

I am informed by the sales from HH that other than stamp duty and state consent levy, there are other things which I have to pay, like land search, disbursement, miscellanious fees. caveat and etc....

This can add up to about 4% of the S&P.

Is this true?

Only Lawyer fee (for both loan and developer) will be borne by HH.

This is true as one of my friends went there recently but the current offering i understand is left with only level 7 and 9 as he has asked about what was left.
In Nusa Duta, we had stamp duty, legal fees, etc all were borne by the developer, only the levy and legal fees for the levy we have to pay on our own(about 12k RM)

hangyong

Alfrescian
Loyal
This is true as one of my friends went there recently but the current offering i understand is left with only level 7 and 9 as he has asked about what was left.
In Nusa Duta, we had stamp duty, legal fees, etc all were borne by the developer, only the levy and legal fees for the levy we have to pay on our own(about 12k RM)

thats quite a bad offer IMHO... :-(
Add this, add that... price go up by another 20k liao...

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal

Bro, i understand, you might want to consider getting a Cluster (if landed is an option) at Nusa Duta with the same amount as you get a lot of things off.
Many amenities and food options just outside of Nusa Duta so can basically walk out to "ta pao"

toyohon

Alfrescian
Loyal

Bro, got to accept all this as part of life, timing/demand/supply. I've a close friend who'd due to budget constraints can't buy anything in JB when the threshold was raised to 500k. Took too long to ponder ...

Last edited:

cathylmg

Alfrescian
Loyal
Excellent, good for you too Cathy, its always good to see fellow SG folks getting bargains.
I will be back in crowded SG to vote tomorrow, my vote will be done wisely. :wink:

Same here Wuqi bros. Going to vote tomorrow morning, then off to ST.

I'm in Tampines ward. The centre of all the attentions. But then hor, can you imagine? No campaigns, no fights, no walk about, no proposals for improvement the Tampines town, no nothing.....how do you feel? Can I really trust any one of them to take care of my interest and my welfare if I vote for them ? Headache lah!

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Same here Wuqi bros. Going to vote tomorrow morning, then off to ST.

I'm in Tampines ward. The centre of all the attentions. But then hor, can you imagine? No campaigns, no fights, no walk about, no proposals for improvement the Tampines town, no nothing.....how do you feel? Can I really trust any one of them to take care of my interest and my welfare if I vote for them ? Headache lah!

Cathy, no one can be 100% counted upon to take care of you in SG. The only way is to take care of yourself.

If not for the opposition, there would have been no apologies, no realisation of mistakes because there are just too many yes men painting rosy pictures. No one dares to rock the boat.

Last edited:

hangyong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Cathy, no one can be 100% counted upon to take care of you in SG. The only way is to take care of yourself.

If not for the opposition, there would have been no apologies, no realisation of mistakes because there are just too many yes men painting rosy pictures. No one dares to rock the boat.

dun be too happy first brother...

he will make us sorry for making him say sorry...

toyohon

Alfrescian
Loyal
Fellow countrymen, i am fed up with the system and uprooting my family to JB. My friends are doing the same

This is my plan:

This is bro Wuqi's first line of this thread way back then. He did not wait for the apology.:biggrin:

hangyong

Alfrescian
Loyal
guys, I have a question.

Lets say I live in a freehold condo.

30 years later, when the unit is so old and condition is so bad, I need to do some major construction repairs to make sure that it is still safe to stay in.

In such a condition, what can be done if my neighbours' unit are still sound?

Same thing if I am staying in a terrace. Can I wack down my unit and rebuilt?

Sorry if this sound illogical... still trying to get my brain cleared of shit from many years of propaganda instillation.

2bfree2b

Alfrescian
Loyal
2b:

cheers, we may be neighbors in time to come =)
there are 2 other bros from this forum in BWV alone.

Is the id of the other units same as the showroom's? which sales rep did you talk to?
u can request them to drive you round the development see the other precincts, clubhouse, equestrian facilities etc to have a feel of whats on offer. The tour by one of the very nice sales reps was a jaw dropping experience for me.

The sales rep was Samantha. It seems that the iD is the same & frm Kuala Lumpur. I did not request to go round the place. Maybe the next time when I go dwn, i will request for it. I told Samantha to call me once the new shwflats are ready. Most prob, we will be neighbors by end of the year. Looking forward to it.

Last edited:

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal

The multi-millionaire yes men only know how to cry...now FT take away our everything from jobs to school to house to MRT space, who can we cry to?!

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
oops missed out the open carpark comment. this is my personal opinion (caveat emptor) - call me paranoid. Don't like passerbys to see the kinds of cars parked within the condo compound. MSCPs tend to give cars more privacy and protection from the weather elements.

I think basement car park is the best, next then multi storey car park...basement car park no need to walk so far, MSCP depends on the location of the building and MSCP...hehe if the MSCP is directly below the building, then basement car park and MSCP no difference

Status
Not open for further replies.