• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.
Status
Not open for further replies.

cathylmg

Alfrescian
Loyal
What i am trying to understand is IF Nusajaya is the new capital of the State of Johor then why is the Transport Hub which is so crucial to Nusajaya situated at Kempas?

A transport hub is macam CityHall or Raffles Place MRT station. Certainly nothing like high class Orchard Roads. Its a centralised location for people travelling from all over the place to transit to another location. Even from the east or the west or the south all the way up and down KL. This kind of location is good to be developed into commercial office area because of transport convenience which brings in the crowd. Hence the the government building and more to come. And hopefully Setia Tropika can become macam Duxton lah. Low in price as compared to Orchard but higher % of rental returns in time to come. IMHO. Cross my fingers. ;-)

Last edited:

rhino

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hey all any one has bought property at leisure farm and/or east ledang?
I would like to compare both but have yet to visit east ledang.
I am attracted to leisure farm though but the small road leading to it turns me off.
Headache!!!

LeMans2011

Alfrescian
Loyal
For those of you interested in checking out Nusa Idaman, I believe they will be having a launch party for their Phase 7 this Sunday. That's what I heard from the sales rep when I visited a couple of weeks back. Even if it's not a party you can still ask them about it and walk around. Not advertising but merely reminding that you have to really come down and get a feel for the place and its surroundings before making any purchasing decisions.

Haha yeah they have "Super Sunday" during the last Sunday of alternate months

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Went with a friend to look at some places yesterday and went to look at some new developments as well.

He said something to me which kind of made sense.

He said, You know crime in JB is taken so seriously, whenever we hear of a robbery here or there in JB, its such a big thing in SG. It will then become something really big.

When a bag with a body or body parts are discovered at sea or in the rivers in SG or even a head in our MRT, its taken as something normal. Same when we find people murdered in their flats or find a body in some bushes. Its normal, nothing big deal.

Perharps people thought they floated out from JB or murdered in JB and then got dragged out to SG? Someone even mentioned in other threads that coming out to JB is risking life and limb and its 1000x the danger in Singapore.

I do definitely agree that SG is relatively safer but if JB is really 1000x the danger, i think there will be nobody left over in JB in a couple of years. We should fear danger but not be controlled just by fear itself.

There are cities in EU/US where the danger of being mugged, etc are higher but yet people still go there and live there. Its just ways to manage the risk i guess.

Someone once mentioned to me, our dear Ms Grace Quek got into trouble not in the usual places but in London.

cathylmg

Alfrescian
Loyal
When people point fingers at JB saying that its infested with crime, they are refering to the whole of JB. Infact its not true. So I would not point fingers at any a particular spot and say that it is infested with crime. Crime happens everywhere. Lets help each other to improve on it.

Wuqi, taking pictures of lazy sleeping security guards is a very good way to deter them from do it again, hence will help in lowering the crime of the estate.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Some quotes to share:

If you do not hope, you will not what is beyond your hopes - St Clement of Alexandria

Don't bother just to be better than your contemporaries or predecessors. Try to be better than yourself. - William Faulkner

You can come out of the furnace of trouble two ways; if you let it consume you, you come out a cinder; but there is a kind of metal
which refuses to be consumed and comes out a star. - Jean Church

As a rule, men worry more about what they can't see than about what they can. - Julius Caesar

Better to light one small candle than to curse the darkness - Author Unknown.

Take a chance! All life is a chance. The man who goes the furthest is generally the one who is willing to do and dare - Dale Carnegie

Dedicated to certain people in my life:
The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything - Bishop W.C. Magee

Obstacles are those frightful things you see when you take your eyes off your goal - Henry Ford

Nothing can stop the man with right mental attitude from achieving his goal; nothing on earth can help a man with the wrong
mental attitude. - W.W. Ziege

Always do what you are afraid to do. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle - Plato

Choice, not circumstances, determines your success - Author Unknown.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
True, its too often that we hear the refrain. No country is 100% safe (ok, closest is Japan) but even then its not perfect. There is no perfect place in the world. Everything we do carries an element of risk, its how we mitigate it.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
For those of you interested in checking out Nusa Idaman, I believe they will be having a launch party for their Phase 7 this Sunday. That's what I heard from the sales rep when I visited a couple of weeks back. Even if it's not a party you can still ask them about it and walk around. Not advertising but merely reminding that you have to really come down and get a feel for the place and its surroundings before making any purchasing decisions.

iamapseudoneem- Thank you for sharing sir, i have friends coming over tomorrow, will let them know about this. Went with a friend to Nusa Duta again yesterday, was shocked with the few units of clusters left. I am sure NI is doing well too.

Its all looking good.

cathylmg

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wow! Wuqi, you are a walking literature. I like this especially:-

Take a chance! All life is a chance. The man who goes the furthest is generally the one who is willing to do and dare - Dale Carnegie

:smile:

cathylmg

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yesterday my property agent friend in Singapore keep asking my about my property in JB. Said it came out on newspapers and internet that many people go there to buy up houses. Wanted to go to my house in JB to take a look. Wow!

Recently my naysayer relatives and friends getting interested and is waiting for me to move and invite them for house warming so that they could come over to see what its like.

Things sure pick up pace already.

Last edited:

euphony

Alfrescian
Loyal
What i am trying to understand is IF Nusajaya is the new capital of the State of Johor then why is the Transport Hub which is so crucial to Nusajaya situated at Kempas?

AP: My feeling is that the decision is based on geographical location rather than importance. We'd want a central transport hub where coming from all sides is convenient. If the transport hub is in nusajaya then it doesn't make sense because people won't go there as a connecting point to go else where in the state or away because of its distance. Nusajaya is not like London or other similar cities for example. London has always been the center of attention and developments are always focused in and around there.

Unfortunately, the JB sentral was not built with the future in mind even though I'm sure there were earlier plans to built nusajaya right into the old JB but the infrastructure and the loads of residents holding freehold land titles would have made it impossible e.g. the EDL circumvents rather than cut into Pelangi. So the only way by convenience was to built nusajaya out of JB sentral into new land and built from scratch which they are doing now.

So now that there is 1 side nusajaya and 1 side old JB sentral. How do they connect the 2 dots? Right in the middle I guess.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Wow! Wuqi, you are a walking literature. I like this especially:-

:smile:

Thanks Cathylmg, i am not, just that the more i read, the more i find i lack and thats why reading and learning is something i would always like to do.

A successful person needs just one reason to succeed, a person who seeks to fail is never lacking excuses.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Yesterday my property agent friend in Singapore keep asking my about my property in JB. Said it came out on newspapers and internet that many people go there to buy up houses. Wanted to go to my house in JB to talk a look. Wow!

Recently my naysayer relatives and friends getting interested and is waiting for me to move and invite them for house warming so that they could come over.

Things sure pick up pace already.

Good for you Cathylmg, i would humbly suggest, if they are still not keen or tell you confidently that Singaporeans can still buy houses there for 100k SGD what! Smile nicely and say, Why yes, you are absolutely right! I just got asked this in fact, someone just asked my wife how come our place so expensive when her brother can get one for below 100k SGD? I asked if they were really Singaporeans, she said yes and claimed that no way houses in JB will be over 150k SGD.

I just gave up, I do that nowadays unless its very close friends, otherwise i can't afford to do this every weekend visiting so many developments. I just give excuses as i really want to rest or minimize the tours. My petrol costs though still cheap is going to kill me soon with the many places i go to.

cathylmg

Alfrescian
Loyal
AP: My feeling is that the decision is based on geographical location rather than importance. We'd want a central transport hub where coming from all sides is convenient. If the transport hub is in nusajaya then it doesn't make sense because people won't go there as a connecting point to go else where in the state or away because of its distance. Nusajaya is not like London or other similar cities for example. London has always been the center of attention and developments are always focused in and around there.

Unfortunately, the JB sentral was not built with the future in mind even though I'm sure there were earlier plans to built nusajaya right into the old JB but the infrastructure and the loads of residents holding freehold land titles would have made it impossible e.g. the EDL circumvents rather than cut into Pelangi. So the only way by convenience was to built nusajaya out of JB sentral into new land and built from scratch which they are doing now.

So now that there is 1 side nusajaya and 1 side old JB sentral. How do they connect the 2 dots? Right in the middle I guess.

Yeah! That! :smile:

Grago

Alfrescian
Loyal
A transport hub is macam CityHall or Raffles Place MRT station. Certainly nothing like high class Orchard Roads. Its a centralised location for people travelling from all over the place to transit to another location. Even from the east or the west or the south all the way up and down KL. This kind of location is good to be developed into commercial office area because of transport convenience which brings in the crowd.
Hence the the government building and more to come. And hopefully Setia Tropika can become macam Duxton lah. Low in price as compared to Orchard but higher % of rental returns in time to come. IMHO. Cross my fingers. :wink:

Nice one Euphony, I'm sure AP knew this and just wanted someone to co
e along and put up the reason:smile:

cathylmg

Alfrescian
Loyal
Good for you Cathylmg, i would humbly suggest, if they are still not keen or tell you confidently that Singaporeans can still buy houses there for 100k SGD what! Smile nicely and say, Why yes, you are absolutely right! I just got asked this in fact, someone just asked my wife how come our place so expensive when her brother can get one for below 100k SGD? I asked if they were really Singaporeans, she said yes and claimed that no way houses in JB will be over 150k SGD.

I just gave up, I do that nowadays unless its very close friends, otherwise i can't afford to do this every weekend visiting so many developments. I just give excuses as i really want to rest or minimize the tours. My petrol costs though still cheap is going to kill me soon with the many places i go to.

Wuqi, you can choose which one to help and which one not to. Afterall, we are not obligated to and don't have enough time to help each and everyone of them.

And also, about your friend who claim that no way JB house is going beyond $150k, they don't have money to buy lah! LOL!

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Hey all any one has bought property at leisure farm and/or east ledang?
I would like to compare both but have yet to visit east ledang.
I am attracted to leisure farm though but the small road leading to it turns me off.
Headache!!!

Hi Rhino, if you like that area then i would suggest East Ledang. :smile:
There are also upcoming places like Nusa Sentral (Gelang Patah) and Nusa Bayu.
Between these 2, Nusa Sentral is better IMHO.

Grago

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wuqi, you can choose which one to help and which one not to. Afterall, we are not obligated to and don't have enough time to help each and everyone of them.

And also, about your friend who claim that no way JB house is going beyond $150k, they don't have money to buy lah! LOL!

Cathy you are being 'cruel' to say that!! Have they ever been to Johor ...... Maybe they are still under the impression that 'tigers' and other 'wild creatures' are still wandering about in the outskirts of JB . The homes that we have bought are in the middle of Paim tree plantations still!! So houses will not go higher than $150K. We got duped into buying our 'expensive' homes :(

cathylmg

Alfrescian
Loyal
Cathy you are being 'cruel' to say that!! Have they ever been to Johor ...... Maybe they are still under the impression that 'tigers' and other 'wild creatures' are still wandering about in the outskirts of JB . The homes that we have bought are in the middle of Paim tree plantations still!! So houses will not go higher than $150K. We got duped into buying our 'expensive' homes :(

I am just joking! hehe! Its my way of telling myself its ok that they don't listen to me. :P

Yeah, they think we are stupid people who got conned by some con man who pressure sell it to us. They are out to cheat us of our money. And that we are stupid enough to buy into places infested with crimes. These are the impression that people gave to me when I started to talk about my JB house. Jokes aside. Its very real that they think like that.

Try talking to them now and you can sense the change in attitude.

And yes, Singapore have gone through years of economic boom and yet you can still find people who could not afford to buy! Its a fact! :smile:

Status
Not open for further replies.