• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Living in JB 3 (Johore)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stevewish

Alfrescian
Loyal
i notice sporean prefer cluster home to semi D. y huh?

some semi d buildup aso smaller than cluster home.

This is true especially corner cluster which has larger plot of land and yet approx 30% cheaper than semi-D.

the bigger adv for semi-d is bigger built up area.

eg. One friend got a cluster house 2500ft built-up, 4400ft total land area, price close to RM900k

he mentioned another precinct semi-d 3300ft built-up, 3200ft total land area, around RM1.3m

Cluster seem more value for money with bigger area.

alnine

Alfrescian
Loyal
This is true especially corner cluster which has larger plot of land and yet approx 30% cheaper than semi-D.

the bigger adv for semi-d is bigger built up area.

eg. One friend got a cluster house 2500ft built-up, 4400ft total land area, price close to RM900k

he mentioned another precinct semi-d 3300ft built-up, 3200ft total land area, around RM1.3m

Cluster seem more value for money with bigger area.

Semi d have 3 unblocked sides which may make it more cooler. The build up also contribute to the cost. Unlike in Singapore where the land cost is very significant, bigger land will then be obviously much better value.
In KL there are some bungalows with their rear connected are selling cheaper than normal bungalows, so there is a premium to having free side.

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal
Well, it seems that major population of SGs are in BI area or nearer to Tuas.. ^.^ No one here is living in Tebrau? Was hoping can know some SAHMs like myself around here so can go shopping with the kids or simply just hang out.. Hahaha.. Have no idea where else I can interact with SGs living in JB..

I think there are many PRs who have bought into areas like Setia Tropika, Setia Indah, Setia Eco Cascadia, Taman Molek, Mount Austin, Adda Heights. There are a no. of Singaporeans who bought Tebrau area but the bulk is from locals and PRs.

I also agree with you that plenitude & perhaps Ehsan Jaya are the cheapest developers for new properties ard the area......

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal
appreciate if any of u see macs mobile station in jusco , do let me know. thanks.

Sis, you can do at Woodlands MYR CIQ now leh. V fast also... 20 mins settled liao. If you drive in, take the left most lane. The MACS office is after the passport chopping, and just before inspection lane. No need photo. Just RM 30 (exact change) can liao.

myrsing

Alfrescian
Loyal
The immigration officers at JB really powerful!

Took public transport, went to queue at normal counter cos the one at MACS lane was quite far and few people queueing. Mat refused to clear me at normal lane.:mad: Told me to go queue at MACS lane. Paid $30 mthly, and this type of service i got? :rolleyes:Whole idea for MACS is to have fast clearance. No matter which lane. Just like Singapore. We can go any lane. ICA officers dont reject us.

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sis, you can do at Woodlands MYR CIQ now leh. V fast also... 20 mins settled liao. If you drive in, take the left most lane. The MACS office is after the passport chopping, and just before inspection lane. No need photo. Just RM 30 (exact change) can liao.

oh, prefer to do in jusco as its easy for family mem to do it . i thought cannot park at e side anymore ? on e left hv office ? not near e center lane tat office ah ?

Last edited:

TCL78

Hi, thank you everyone for sharing so much valuable info here and i've been following this forum since series 1. Would like to find out whether will white colour grilles turn yollowish after a couple of months? My contactor told me that and seem trying to discouraging from choosing white colour grilles. Also was told white colour will take longer compare to choosing other darker colours. Anyone had such experience b4?

TCL78

Hi, been following this forum since series 1 and have been learning lots of valuable info about living in JB. Would like to find out whether installing white colour grilles would turn yellowish after couple of months? My contactor was telling that and also it will take longer to be ready for install as compare to choosing other colours. An anyone here had such experience? thank you.

Lord Aragorn

Alfrescian
Loyal
The immigration officers at JB really powerful!

Took public transport, went to queue at normal counter cos the one at MACS lane was quite far and few people queueing. Mat refused to clear me at normal lane.:mad: Told me to go queue at MACS lane. Paid $30 mthly, and this type of service i got? :rolleyes:Whole idea for MACS is to have fast clearance. No matter which lane. Just like Singapore. We can go any lane. ICA officers dont reject us.

You paid $30 monthly or 30rm yearly?

jailbird005

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Sorry. Typo. Its yearly. Still not cheap. 5 years M$150 equal to S$60 which is not cheap, imo.

MACS can do 5 yrs straight meh? one year only rm30- S$12 nia....where got expensive?
if in ,out jb without MACS everyday, nid to chop passport everyday,like that the page will finish within a year!
nid to go ICA to renew passport (S$70?)every year. isn't it more ex?

S$12 per annum.....what excellence svc can one expect?

Last edited:

potter

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sorry. Typo. Its yearly. Still not cheap. 5 years M$150 equal to S$60 which is not cheap, imo.

Its save many stamping and the mly customs officer also like it as well... em17.gif

Hopeful

Alfrescian
Loyal

Also don't need to check if the officer stamp your passport or not.
One time my mum's passport not stamp. Found out only on the way back.
Spent 2 hours in their office to "settle".

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal
oh, prefer to do in jusco as its easy for family mem to do it . i thought cannot park at e side anymore ? on e left hv office ? not near e center lane tat office ah ?

No its the one on the left, definately not the centre lane. Many pple park their cars at the closed customs inspection lanes to do the MACS (including me). If you are bringing your family members to JB, I think that's the quickest place to do it. On a sat, it took me only 20 mins...... it takes quite long at jusco, though can shop ard while waiting...

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal
No its the one on the left, definately not the centre lane. Many pple park their cars at the closed customs inspection lanes to do the MACS (including me). If you are bringing your family members to JB, I think that's the quickest place to do it. On a sat, it took me only 20 mins...... it takes quite long at jusco, though can shop ard while waiting...

okok , i will try to drive to left lane and see coz usually i siam left lane as its deep in and very long queue ....
thanks again ....

jailbird005

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
RedsYNWA

Btw , the downstairs MACS office is 24hrs right ?
Does it mean the upstairs MACS office close down liao ?
yup 24hrs. the last i renew my macs, it was 1.30am....no queue at all! 10mins is all it takes.

o ya, pls check the particulars all correct b4 u leave. The last time i din check and after using d macs for 3 mths without any problem, one fine day, i was going back to spore, a vilgilant malaysian custom stop me and ask me to park one side. He told me that my particulars in their system is correct but d macs on my passport is incorrect! i took a look at my passport n to my horror, got my photo on macs but the name and the rest of the particulars belongs to other person! The custom officer ask me to proceed to the office n explain to his officer in charge.

As it was near to lunch time, the officer in charge was'kind' enough to tell me that this time he will let me go, next time when i come back to jb, pls rem to proceed to macs office to change the particulars!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.