• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Living in JB 3 (Johore)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arowana88

Alfrescian
Loyal
Found it very ironic.... a very helpful forum about living in Malaysia but in a infamous sex forum by sammyboy sex forum!!! Hope my kids wont click this forum. Better clear all cookies!!!

austin_hts

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi

Anyone has a checklist for inspection of new house? What to look out for, marking of defects (with masking tape?), manhole, water proofing of toilet...etc..? I remember seeing a checklist shared by bro Wuji?*

Thanks very much!

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Had a case of mistaken identity today, a friend of mine got a call from his agent and and she thought what was an abandoned SG car by the roadside owned by their friend. It was abandoned with car keys still inside, it was abandoned at the highway near HH and the inside was a complete mess.

She, Ms Sophia Heng, really represents what a friend should be and gamely stayed onsite in her car while calling for help even though she was all alone on the highway. She patiently waited while my friend came with some gears and he went into the trees by himself, all the while shouting his friends name. Her agent friend also arrived soon after to help. In the end, they found that it belong to someone else, we could see a SG driving license of a Malay gentleman as his driving license was in the back seat.

No matter if he is a stranger, they still made a police report and waited for them before leaving. Really gratified by the friendship that we have here. Thanks to all those who tried to help.

Especially kudos to Ms Sophia Heng who cared enough to stop and waited until help arrived.

Attachments

• 2013-08-18 16.55.01.jpg
    2013-08-18 16.55.01.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 337
Last edited:

austin_hts

Alfrescian
Loyal
Traffic jam at causeway is getting extremely bad. at least 1.5 hrs jam at 830am onwards on Sat going to jb. need to leave jb b4 5pm to avoid 3hrs jam on Sat. how is the situation in tuas?

Need a third link, from punggol to pasir gudang. Start planning now, please!

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal
Traffic jam at causeway is getting extremely bad. at least 1.5 hrs jam at 830am onwards on Sat going to jb. need to leave jb b4 5pm to avoid 3hrs jam on Sat. how is the situation in tuas?

Need a third link, from punggol to pasir gudang. Start planning now, please!

Actually the woodlands link can be further expanded 1, without widening the causeway. The immediate solution is to develop more immigration counters at both JB & SG side. Both JB and SG side got the Old Customs area to expand counters.

In the mid-term, the RTS should be built in conjunction with a road linking JB to SG, for an integrated 1-stop customs clearance for vehicles. Hence we will only have 1 clearance pt instead of 2 now for RTS area. In the even longer term, the Punggol-Pasir Gudang 3rd link is indeed another obvious solution, esp for lorries....

austin_hts

Alfrescian
Loyal
Third link will give convenient access to eastern region - desaru, kota tinggi, mersing and beyond.

IMG_20130819_115440.jpgIMG_20130819_115346.jpg

QUOTE=RedsYNWA;1621806]Actually the woodlands link can be further expanded 1, without widening the causeway. The immediate solution is to develop more immigration counters at both JB & SG side. Both JB and SG side got the Old Customs area to expand counters.

In the mid-term, the RTS should be built in conjunction with a road linking JB to SG, for an integrated 1-stop customs clearance for vehicles. Hence we will only have 1 clearance pt instead of 2 now for RTS area. In the even longer term, the Punggol-Pasir Gudang 3rd link is indeed another obvious solution, esp for lorries....[/QUOTE]

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal
Got 3 typpes of system here.
(1) RTS linking JB to SG
(2) HSR linking KL to SG
(3) JB inter-state light rail system

(1) is at advanced stage liao, so it's certainly on 1. (2) is on but dunno where SG will house it. I think (3) could be difficult due to the challenging infra works....

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Guess the impact will be on SPRs , not that many Singaporeans travels everyday.

http://www.thestar.com.my/News/Nation/2013/08/20/Call-to-impose-levy-on-Sporeregistered-cars.aspx

NUSAJAYA: Johor should consider imposing a levy on Singapore-registered vehicles entering the state because the move would generate additional revenue.

Datuk Samsol Bari Jamil (BN –Semarang) said more than 200,000 cars from Singapore entered Johor Baru daily via the Causeway and Second Link Crossing.

He proposed that the state government imposed a RM7 (S$2.70) levy on each Singapore-registered car, adding that the amount was affordable to Singaporeans.

“They (Singaporeans) will continue coming to Johor even if the state government starts imposing the levy on them,” he said.

He said it was a well known fact that both Singapore and Johor had a close relationship, with many Singa*poreans having relatives and family members in the state.

Samsol Bari also urged the state government to bring equal amounts of development to other parts of Johor and not only focus on certain districts.

“Johoreans in the other parts perceive that they have been sidelined by the state government in development,” he said.

Earlier, it was a new experience for many at the first official state assembly sitting here, with a new mentri besar, new state Speaker and new assemblymen.

As question time started, assemblymen from both sides of the divide raced to stand up first. At times, three assemblymen would stand up at the same time.

There was also more confusion because Speaker Datuk Mohamed Aziz addressed all the assemblymen as YB (Yang Berhormat); he was unfamiliar with their faces and names.

“Please excuse me, but you will have to gauge which YB I am speaking to based on my eye contact and the direction that I am facing,” he said.

But some assemblymen continued to stand up and speak at the same time.

kopikong99

Alfrescian
Loyal

http://www.thestar.com.my/News/Nation/2013/08/20/Call-to-impose-levy-on-Sporeregistered-cars.aspx

NUSAJAYA: Johor should consider imposing a levy on Singapore-registered vehicles entering the state because the move would generate additional revenue.

Datuk Samsol Bari Jamil (BN –Semarang) said more than 200,000 cars from Singapore entered Johor Baru daily via the Causeway and Second Link Crossing.

He proposed that the state government imposed a RM7 (S$2.70) levy on each Singapore-registered car, adding that the amount was affordable to Singaporeans.

“They (Singaporeans) will continue coming to Johor even if the state government starts imposing the levy on them,” he said.

He said it was a well known fact that both Singapore and Johor had a close relationship, with many Singa*poreans having relatives and family members in the state.

Samsol Bari also urged the state government to bring equal amounts of development to other parts of Johor and not only focus on certain districts.

“Johoreans in the other parts perceive that they have been sidelined by the state government in development,” he said.

Earlier, it was a new experience for many at the first official state assembly sitting here, with a new mentri besar, new state Speaker and new assemblymen.

As question time started, assemblymen from both sides of the divide raced to stand up first. At times, three assemblymen would stand up at the same time.

There was also more confusion because Speaker Datuk Mohamed Aziz addressed all the assemblymen as YB (Yang Berhormat); he was unfamiliar with their faces and names.

“Please excuse me, but you will have to gauge which YB I am speaking to based on my eye contact and the direction that I am facing,” he said.

But some assemblymen continued to stand up and speak at the same time.

Looks like this guy is smart bodoh. Imposing unnecessary levy on visitors coming to spend and invest in the state is like telling people that they are not welcome. It would be more impact to non-Singaporeans driving SG cars. If they had voted for him, they must be kicking themselves when this is implemented.

ComingToJB

Alfrescian
Loyal

“They (Singaporeans) will continue coming to Johor even if the state government starts imposing the levy on them,” he said....

Our government also should imposed a S$2.70 (RM7) levy on each Malaysia-registered car, adding that the amount was affordable to Malaysian (esp. the SPR).

They (Malaysians) will continue coming to S'pore even if the our government starts imposing the levy on them

In the end see who cannot tahan first :biggrin:

gooddebt

Alfrescian
Loyal
Looks like this guy is smart bodoh. Imposing unnecessary levy on visitors coming to spend and invest in the state is like telling people that they are not welcome. It would be more impact to non-Singaporeans driving SG cars. If they had voted for him, they must be kicking themselves when this is implemented.

This bodoh shd be thinking of how to encourage more pple to there to spend instead of discouraging. can collect more from pprty taxes, land sales etc .

gooddebt

Alfrescian
Loyal
hee , nvm let him implement and lets see who are the ones gg to be affected ....

SG charge msian cars coz they come to SG to work and congested our roads and contribute air pollution , SG cars are going there on weekends to boast up their economy lor ... like tat also cant think!

with due respect to Malaysians, their govt really CMI..

Status
Not open for further replies.