• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Living in JB 2 (Johore)

Status
Not open for further replies.

hillside

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes, malaysia do allow foreigner to work easily, legal and illegal, they just legalised those illegal foreigner recently, if not mistaken officially about 2 to 3 millions, some is not reported yet, you will be surprise the number of foreigner in KL now, many apartment and condo in KL rent to foreigner, especially middle east, some is lecturer, programmer, engineer, factory worker, construction, massage parlour, foodcourt clenner, work behind the kitchen, many many more, this is why KL and Pinang property is booming, soon will be nusajaya, i am sure those lecturer for the international school employ FT.

Get citizenship - no, i agreed with you as i have mentioned my singaporean cousin in law marriage here for more than 20 years, my friend foreign wife, both cannot get citizenship after more than 20 years.

Renunciation, small % and if i'm not mistaken, the number reveal yesterday is for citizenship and PR, citizenship could be those converted from other country and not necessary the real Singaporean. The reason unknown, could be those leaving for better different lifestyle not because they don't like Singapore, or those marriage to foreigner, or those study abroad and decided to reside there, or just to cash out CPF, or perhaps you are right could be unhapply with Singapore, many many reason and we do not know. I wish to know the reason too.

No matter how bad, to survive many malaysian bite their teeth and swallow, really cannot make it, steal car, loanshark, runner, con ppl etc to survive, this is life, ask your gahmen to open the big door, i am very sure......another 5 mil population/FT contribute from malaysia is a piece of cake, in fact many malaysian from other state move to Johor now, this is the truth, but most of them are middle income or rich family, housing in JB still consider cheap as compare to area like KL and Penang, so they choose Johor.

Hi Hillside, in the first place does Malaysia allow foreigners to work as easily as Singapore or get citizenship as easily? These are the fundamentals to it. Given half a chance, quite a few Singaporeans will migrate elsewhere. Someone else has already posted the renunciation numbers per year.

Again, both countries have its pros and cons, if it was really all that bad for Malaysians, they would be extinct by now. People are moving to Johore, etc to live, people come to Singapore to work. That is the main difference. Peace to all. :smile:

Narmi

Alfrescian
Loyal
As a singaporean, I can buy HDB and collect rental when I retire in JB.
I'm not sure a SPR can hold on to hdb if they are no longer working in SG and retiring in JB.
I doubt so...and I would be damn piss if they can.

But as a Malaysian, they can work in Singapore and earn S$ just like singaporeans.
Maybe lose out a bit of grant and rebates....which is not a big deal for upper middle class.
Doesn't matter how the Malaysian government is....their life is in Singapore and not much affected.
When they retire back in Malaysia, I believe they have much better health benefits than us Singaporeans. This is a huge advantage....

My future neighbor in ni is a spr. He only work part time as a prop agent in sg in wic in his own words "i pick and choose the type of client i want who are serious enough to buy or sell and not use me as free transport to view properties". He has hdb flat wic he rented out. N he while his time away in his ni hse by tendg to his garden and his pet. he drives sg car. fr d way i see him it is as good as he neva work in sg cos always at hm when i visit my place..In other words he is unofficially retired what more with all his kids grown up. Shd i be jealous or angry then? I should'nt right?

hillside

Alfrescian
Loyal
i guess he is either EP or WP. Aiya!! you yourself call HDB pigeon hole, cage is better la.

My neighbour work in Singapore. Calls our HBD pigeon cage at my face. Don't even wanna consider PR. He Leave for work on Monday morning, stay in a rented room here, and return home every Thursday night. Where got any restrictions?

checkers

Alfrescian
Loyal
i guess he is either EP or WP. Aiya!! you yourself call HDB pigeon hole, cage is better la.

There is indeed space constraints in Singapore. But I realise that we have lots of freedom here. Freedom to roam the streets , freedom to jog at night along park connectors, freedom to walk to a nearby food court for supper. Most HDBs come with a beautiful park and that is our garden and playground. Elderly mobile people in Singapore are free to go down to coffeeshops for coffee and meals anytime and can even do their daily marketing for the family. Some even walk their grandkids to school. Great transport system here is a plus.

However, I know of elderly men or women who are stuck in their terrace houses with grilles in Malaysia and are not mobile at all - they can't move around easily as there are no public transport accessible and they cannot drive - they can only wait for their children to bring them out during the weekends.

So who is the one living in the cage?:biggrin:

Last edited:

hillside

Alfrescian
Loyal
isn't this is what everyone want here? doesn't matter Singaporean, Malaysian or SPR, you should learn from him, this is my objective as well.

My future neighbor in ni is a spr. He only work part time as a prop agent in sg in wic in his own words "i pick and choose the type of client i want who are serious enough to buy or sell and not use me as free transport to view properties". He has hdb flat wic he rented out. N he while his time away in his ni hse by tendg to his garden and his pet. he drives sg car. fr d way i see him it is as good as he neva work in sg cos always at hm when i visit my place..In other words he is unofficially retired what more with all his kids grown up. Shd i be jealous or angry then? I should'nt right?

Narmi

Alfrescian
Loyal
Why should you be angry? No one is stopping you from renting out or selling away your Singapore houses, convert to Ringgit and stay in Johor like many forummers here. If you look at the prices of houses in JB, the houses are built and catered for people working in Singapore and willing to stay in JB anyway.

Bro HH never cross my mind to be angry in fact aspire to do that. You reap what you sow. Best is current climate of both govt stays same or even improve for the better then we the ppl fr both sides stand to gain.

arsenal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Why will they keep a hdb? they would sell the hdb, withdraw their CPF..and thanks for a rent free stay That is another advantage for foreigners.. We won't know we will ever see our CPF in our life time.. Last election we can see how new citizens support PAP..and it is true that for the new citizens, their other halve usually keep their own citizenship... our govt came out with policies by not allowing people with foreign properties to own hdb, even though they know only singaporeans can be traced, they can never trace the foreigners... Our govt always think his children are naughty whereas other kids are better.. Being a FT is a privilege..being a locally borned citizen is a liability..

As a singaporean, I can buy HDB and collect rental when I retire in JB.
I'm not sure a SPR can hold on to hdb if they are no longer working in SG and retiring in JB.
I doubt so...and I would be damn piss if they can.

But as a Malaysian, they can work in Singapore and earn S$ just like singaporeans.
Maybe lose out a bit of grant and rebates....which is not a big deal for upper middle class.
Doesn't matter how the Malaysian government is....their life is in Singapore and not much affected.
When they retire back in Malaysia, I believe they have much better health benefits than us Singaporeans. This is a huge advantage....

arsenal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Saying all these we are still singaporeans even if we live elsewhere.. That can never change.. Our govt has become more humane after last election.. Hope they improve for the better... If pro pap malaysian like our govt so much, bring them back, since most of them are ex malaysian..

Last edited:

avelc

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wuqi, please count me in too...

Thanks for the interest in looking at investing together. I have about 20 guys/gals who are keen. Sorry if you don't get a PM from me. I will PM those who are keen and who has been posting here for a while.

This is done organized by a very learned bro with impeccable background and again this has to be legit. For the old timers,
this is definitely not some get rich (Brenton T) type of scheme.

Its still early stages now so will share more once information is available. If we all do meet, again lets not talk about our online id. I am just glad if i did in any way direct or indirect helped out a little.

Narmi

Alfrescian
Loyal
Quote: Narmi
already gave 10yrs for ict and receive a watch and medal for that. Would appreciate if give me extra dough or perks for Army Vets like in US. Report for reservist? Hhahahha cute answer lah Bro HH...DARN! come to think of it just received call up and still need to report for reservist :mad: Old man already still need to do sumore ..already gave 10yrs for ict and receive a watch and medal for that. Would appreciate if give me extra dough or perks for Army Vets like in US.

---------------------------------------

You will get free coffee from Wuqi anytime. Kudos to you for serving the nation.
Haha thank you Generalissimo Wuqi..before get that free kopi i still need to report in July in Full Battle Order hopefully for the last time for my high key ict..

Aisanbo

Alfrescian
Loyal
isn't this is what everyone want here? doesn't matter Singaporean, Malaysian or SPR, you should learn from him, this is my objective as well.

To me ....SPR living in JB and not really working in singapore but holding on to HDB to collect rental ....sounds like a flaw in the system. The key is that he is not exactly working in SG.
But my thinking may be wrong.
I did not know that becoming a part time housing agent also can qualify as SPR.

Nusajaya

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hey Bro,

I really struggle to follow your argument. Probably I am not so clever. I was completely lost in your long...post. At one point you were arguing for Sg but on another seems the other way!

I know you were trying to use some figures to justify your argument but I didn't think it was apple to apple comparison. You have also exaggerated the 30 to 40 years loan period for ordinary ppl in Malaysia?? I can agree with some ppl but definitely NOT ordinarily so.

N

i am comparing the equal affordability in this sample, the cheapest hdb in ulu area and normal landed property outside nusajaya area.

leasehold example, i totally agreed with you and i foreseen this will happen in the future as well, thats why i mentioned at this moment in my example, Singaporean still can sell their hdb or downgrade and get a house in JB if he really feel comfortable with JB. In fact Singaporean keep upgrading their hdb, 1 of the factor contribute to higher price from my point of view, i could be wrong, the problem is not many ppl willing to taking the risk to lose the hdb and cannot buy back eventually if price going up further, this is the risk that no one can 100% sure now, if not selling, renting out now is equally good to get a house in JB, free + extra pocket money as example given but many ppl here, but most of them want both, keep the hdb for backup or convenience + holiday home resort in the same time, is still achievable for most of the ppl here. Taking about major sers and massive aging flat, this is the main factor i strongly believe will bring down hdb pricing, but then all the scholars will find out the way...hahaa

It doesn't make sense to compare our father generation, this happen everywhere, not only S'pore, is all about inflation and no one can escape.

<Quote>Compare to Msia, do you know how affordable it is for them (despite all their complaints), how long can they pay up loan?

It normally take 30 to 40 years for a ordinary ppl to pay up the loan in Malaysia if they are lucky enough, definitely longer than Singaporean. I have explained in my example, more than 30% of their pay in CASH not cpf money for monthly installment over 30 to 40 years.

For first time house buyers, the government of malaysia allow 100% loan for up to certain amount for those income less than RM3000, you can refer to this link and read the comments for more understanding.

http://malaysiahousingloan.net/2010/10/16/100-loan-for-first-time-buyers/[/QUOTE]

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just came bk fr jb, went to bk Indah to buy bulbs, reached 640pm, e shops there so early closed de. So went to hh pasar malam to jalan. The stalls just begin to open. So not so crowded.

Last edited:

yonglip

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just came bk fr jb, went to bk Indah to buy bulbs, reached 640pm, e shops there so early closed de. So went to hh pasadena malam to jalan. The stalls just begin to open. So not so crowded.

This sums up nicely what great lengths all of us are willing to go to jus to light up the lives of our loved ones. Thats the common thread that binds all bros here.

Cheers.

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Thanks for the interest in looking at investing together. I have about 20 guys/gals who are keen. Sorry if you don't get a PM from me. I will PM those who are keen and who has been posting here for a while.

This is done organized by a very learned bro with impeccable background and again this has to be legit. For the old timers,
this is definitely not some get rich (Brenton T) type of scheme.

Its still early stages now so will share more once information is available. If we all do meet, again lets not talk about our online id. I am just glad if i did in any way direct or indirect helped out a little.

Bro Wuqi

Though I have yet to "own" one unit at JB, I have always support your call i.e. move/resettle in JB.

Do u still remember ur PM? I was even invited to join your facebook.:smile:

My first post in your thread was at 23/08/09. Am i not considered an old timer in ur definition?

Perhaps u have ur own way of shortlisting suitable investors.

But I hope u would reconsider my interest in being put in the loop.:(

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal
M
Wah sis u went into bk indah fr sg just to buy a few bulbs?[/QUOTE

No la , some errands to run and also to try out e peak hours gg in jb to ni. Wow e traffics fr coastal highway exit bk Indah to Nusa bestari very jAm. When e condo ready, it will be worse. HENG for us, hv hh exit to reach home ......

Whathefish

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi bro,

RM170k flats is equilvalent expensive as SGD170k (subsidy 1 or 2 or 3 rooms flat in Singapore, not so sure but i read somewhere), size about the same i guess, trust me you will not want to stay at flat in Malaysia.

Note :no cpf installment for malaysia flat or house.

I don't get you at all, first you claimed most msians need to pay 30-40 yrs loan, which defies official statistics (real of not depends where you go, who are those around you, but national statistics being stats, is an averaged number)

Then now you mentioned they could get 170k RM Flats, and new policies allowed subsidies till they need to pay only 40k RM (how many years to pay off?)

Then you say RM 170k flats is equivalent to SGD 170k ones, which is totally a mis-comparison (in size and in quantum after exchange)

Your NUMBERS are all over the places...

Status
Not open for further replies.