• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Living in JB 2 (Johore)

Status
Not open for further replies.

summervale

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sorry for the late response. Yes, this is the one. Have visited the showhouse in March but can't recalled which day.

First time went to look for friend and went to this showhouse, no one was there, so called up their sales and visited the second time. Sometime, their sales are nearby at the sport house swimming pool.

You can call 607-2162440 or 607-3560759.

The traveling time from Austin Heights to CIQ is ~15 minutes but not at peak hour.

No - haven't been to the Hilltop bungalow at Austin Heights because i prefer developments nearer the causeway. However, i will visit the showhouse on your suggestion. Does the showhouse have full landscaping?

Update.

Wow... Just saw a picture. Is this the one?

Is the showhouse ready? Is an appointment needed or can we just walk in?

Last edited:

DREAMorACTION

Alfrescian
Loyal
Paying respect 2 authority is good. Donation to all deserving parties like homes and orphanage also good deeds. The next time my heart is broken, u will need 2 pay a lot to mend it ... Heeee

yo bro... sure...next time will be more serious! last thing I want to do is to break your heart... hee

when I pay tribute to traffic police, my heart also broken... ha almost feel like asking the police to arrest me....
however... will sure be sensitive not to spoil market...
but the way they plan and ask for money very funny..

DREAMorACTION

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes I watched. It was very exciting. I felt for him ... They fought really hard n he cried in the end. That showed how much it meant 4 him. Dun think he will play again in 4 yrs time

I think in Malaysia, regardless of race and religion, everyone was supporting him!!
Even though he did not win the gold in the end, their match was truly amazing.

Last edited:

DREAMorACTION

Alfrescian
Loyal
Can can. Ur wish is my command ... Wait ... Where is huang he ar? Haha kidding
Song 就好. 陆续再来! Haha

How about 'tiao jin huang he'?
Hahaha just kiddin lah, I'm so 'Xiao Qi' to you meh?
Thanks for saying that I'm an asset. Hokkien says, 'Tia liao sibeh song ah!'. Hahaha :biggrin:

Lord Aragorn

Alfrescian
Loyal
RedsYNWA said:
Hilltop bungalow is strictly by appointment only, i recalled. No weekend appt, only weekday appt available which means its certainly not for the average joe. But considering some of the bungalow asking prices, I feel this one is value for money. Fully furnished somemore.....

What a rule - no weekend appointments. What is the price and sqft? The artist impression looks nice... Didnt manage to find any photos of the showhouse though. Would appreciate if anyone whose been to the development could post some pics here.

Lord Aragorn

Alfrescian
Loyal
RedsYNWA said:
For several weeks now, the stupid Malaysia causeway customs has closed off an entire outgoing lane for their own parking. As if the jam is not bad enuff, it's now only 2 outgoing customs lane instead of 3. This has easily added another 30-45 mins to my travelling time. I am wondering how to complain ah?

They spent 1 billion to make the new CIQ but let down by bad execution and corruption. Haiz......

Do they close it only on weekends? I would have thought all 3 lanes will be opened on weekdays, especially during the peak hours, no?

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
:smile:. Unfortunately I'm not one of those fortunate SPRs. I've missed the boat. My career took off too late, I got married too late - I will never be eligible for HDB so I don't own any. I don't think I will be able to afford private property in Singapore too, so I'm forced to uproot here in Nusajaya.

As it's clearly state in the intro of this forum, aside from those who come purely for investment; there are many Singaporeans are forced into Nusajaya because of the same reason as me. So, I just want my fellow SPRs to be more tactful when they are commenting here - you don't want rub someone the wrong way. Also, I have respect to Wuqi and several members here who have shows great respect to my country Malaysia as their host - so I want to reciprocate the gesture. After all, Singapore have been a great host for me all these years, and have given me so much opportunities that I could never have in my home country.

I think all SPRs ought to be thankful for being given PR and able to get decent jobs in SG, after all many SG local born and bred degree holders are displaced from their jobs and have to drive taxis and slogging 12 hours a day to make a living.

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I think all SPRs ought to be thankful for being given PR and able to get decent jobs in SG, after all many SG local born and bred degree holders are displaced from their jobs and have to drive taxis and slogging 12 hours a day to make a living.

Hmm....how i wish near future Msia would adopt the same system as tiny red dot. 2nd class citizen also I dont mind.

butadesu

Alfrescian
Loyal
If you get MM2H, you can clear the custom faster right? Plus u can get a maid and a tax free car. Only downside is u need to put a large sum of $$ in FD.
Does it make sense for Singaporean to get MM2H? I mean, unlike other nationalities, we can return to sg anytime.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Heehee i will like to offer my 3 cents. I think almost all of us here are in the same boat and share common views in terms of working in Singapore, living in MY.
I feel that it is unnecessary to start going into whether one is PR or Singaporean, really. Either way we are affected by the madness in Singapore.

The Singaporean could start telling the PRs "damn, you are one of those milking our system", whereas the PRs could start telling the Singaporean "show some respect, you are guest in my country"... now... these get all too sensitive. The PR might have been in Singapore all his life, it is not his fault that he is not required to serve NS, it is not his fault he does not convert to Singapore citizenship. The Singaporean who invests his life saving in JB and chose it as his home likewise expect decent service from the local government and hs the right to criticise if he is getting shitty service.

So... let's not be too easily offended... relax... take it easy... enjoy you stay here

I think Singaporeans as visitors in any country ought to show respect by respecting the laws of the country, for example not to drive recklessly in the hope of bribing the offence away, not littering and dirtying other people's place, basically by not causing any trouble to anyone.

Last edited:

DREAMorACTION

Alfrescian
Loyal
The FD can be reduced if u buy property over 1 mil, must be fully paid tho
Many have hit this figure and many may meet this too very soon
Definitely can explore if have spare cash

If you get MM2H, you can clear the custom faster right? Plus u can get a maid and a tax free car. Only downside is u need to put a large sum of $$ in FD.
Does it make sense for Singaporean to get MM2H? I mean, unlike other nationalities, we can return to sg anytime.

Last edited:

avelc

Alfrescian
Loyal

Yup. And our ministers have to tell us to integrate with immigrants, and to live within our means when buying property, after having jacked up property multifold.

Malaysians who work in SG have it best, they can retire to their kampung anytime, after converting their SGD savings to RM. A survey done last year showed that KL workers have higher purchasing power than Singapore workers.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Our govt policy allow that to happen.. Not the SPR fault.. If we were the SPR, very likely we will do the same. One thing that is common is we all work in Singapore and retire elsewhere.. I agree our govt are too much and we always wonder their objective is to serve the people or to milk the common folks for their bonus...

Middle finger to them..

I agree it is not the SPR's fault but it is also not the citizen's fault to be angry with SPRs who are exploiting the policies. Although the common thing is we work in SG and retire elsewhere, the essential BIG difference is one is returning home to retire while one is away from home to retire.

Last edited:

DREAMorACTION

Alfrescian
Loyal
Indeed shocking. Found e article here

http://www.tremeritus.com/2011/01/0...ng-power-than-singaporeans-updated-ubs-study/

Yup. And our ministers have to tell us to integrate with immigrants, and to live within our means when buying property, after having jacked up property multifold.

Malaysians who work in SG have it best, they can retire to their kampung anytime, after converting their SGD savings to RM. A survey done last year showed that KL workers have higher purchasing power than Singapore workers.

Last edited:

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal

I recall during my time, my friends buying 5 room flat after graduating was the norm. Now the minster said not to expect that, another clear indication living standard has dropped instead of increased.

butadesu

Alfrescian
Loyal
I recall during my time, my friends buying 5 room flat after graduating was the norm. Now the minster said not to expect that, another clear indication living standard has dropped instead of increased.

But the minister's standard of living has increased. Because raising property prices = raising GDP = raising bonus for minister!
They r just acting according to what the system has designed to motivate.
Just like private train operators are motivated to cut cost to maximize profit.
The system is working just as the doctor prescribed.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.