• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Living in JB 2 (Johore)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
In the past the Habib place used to have self service style where you take all you want and then pay at the end. Now i think because of some bad apples, they scrap it. Btw, noticed the 24 hours place at Mydin area isn't really 24 hours at all. Went there in wee hours, closed. At least the new Indian food place next to the
Nusa Duta office (Eurorich hotel row) is pretty decent and when Habib is crowded, i will go over there.

Interesting choice of diet, other than Western, my wife and myself mainly take Malay, Indian or Taiwanese food with the odd burger or Yews cafe. 90% of my relatives don't take any pork at all and prefer fish. Maybe its the blood type difference as i am the only one who has different blood type than all the rest hence my diet and theirs is 100% different. For one, i don't take any seafood at all.

Haha I am the exact opposite, only take Malay and Indian food when no other choices. Good that in JB, there are plenty of Chinese, Jap, Korean and western food choices around.

Aiyoh, don't take seafood, then you missed out many delicacies like sea cucumber, lobster, sharks fin and of course abalone.

Last edited:

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Recently encashed some bullets so I'm scouting one to see if there is any opportunity for me to expand my portfolio.

Hi Doa

Just received info from my sales , the figures mentioned does not include this week sales as she no longer working for NI project.

NI 8b consists of 147 terrace and 16 semi-d

As of last week balance : 41 terrace which consists of 12 Bumi lots
6 semi d which consists of 1 Bumi lot

I am glad that my row all sold out ! But still left 6 units unsold over my neighbors row.
So u still got chance to buy in NI , just buy the semi d which is range fr rm880k - rm898k and get free hh membership!

Last edited:

2bFree

Alfrescian
Loyal
Will surely be crowded as the walk-in ticket queues were long while I was there bringing some friends around.

You can book online here, save you the hassle:
http://www.tgv.com.my/#!/

Parking will also be an issue. Rather than park at Aeon, I suggest parking at the lots beside the mall and opposite where the new hotel is being constructed.

thks for this infor. will bring my kids go watch also

homeinjb

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Crystal,

There are no more Semi-D left in Nusa Idaman. While I was discussing with you couple of months back on NI, i was told by sales lady that all semi-Ds are sold out. Therefor not sure, if information provided by ur sales is correct.

Moreover terrace price in HH itself is over 700K, then definitely one can opt for Semi-d in NI just by forking out another 200K, which is still half the price of HH. After all NI is one of the good project around... hope people over here agree...

Hi Doa

Just received info from my sales , the figures mentioned does not include this week sales as she no longer working for NI project.

I am glad that my row all sold out ! But still left 6 units unsold over my neighbors row.
So u still got chance to buy in NI , just buy the semi d which is range fr rm880k - rm898k and get free hh membership!

iamapseudoneem

Alfrescian
Loyal
I've been trying to book tickets online since yesterday night but always hang when get to the payment section. This morning noticed the seats I wanted already booked so even more frustrated why my attempt failed.
So will try to go down personally and see if the line is OK to book tickets for Avengers with my family today.
Anyone have success using the online system and can give some advice?

Will surely be crowded as the walk-in ticket queues were long while I was there bringing some friends around.

You can book online here, save you the hassle:
http://www.tgv.com.my/#!/

Parking will also be an issue. Rather than park at Aeon, I suggest parking at the lots beside the mall and opposite where the new hotel is being constructed.

Last edited:

nickyu

Alfrescian
Loyal
crystal_tiong said:
Hi Doa

Hi crystal,

Do u hv the contact of any sales person in NI? Thanks.

DREAMorACTION

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks for the info, crystal. bro Vincent was actually not far off the figures ...

At that kind of prices for the semi-d with minimum 20% down, I'm definitely out of the game ... The search goes on ...

Hi Doa

DreamChaser

Hello there,

first and foremost, thank you for all the great information you guys have been providing me.
It's not just insightful but funny as well.
Often I crack up laughing because of all the politically incorrect comments as well as the nicknames given to various people and terms.

Thank you.

My family and I are thinking of moving to East Ledang to a 13,000sq area house. It's rather pricey in Johor standards - $3.4mil Ringgit but definitely a steal compared
to the ridiculous property prices in sg.
We only paid a booking deposit and have 2 weeks to decide if we should go ahead with it.

A huge decision I must say because that would mean probably renting out our current homes in Singapore and uprooting the whole family to EL.

From what I read, the most of you still hold your homes and there are some who are staying permanently there.
If you hold jobs in the city in SG, do you travel up and down everyday?
Kids education?
The development in Nusajaya, will it pick up?

We are also thinking of looking at the other developments in the area, HH, leisure farm.
Do you have any recommendations and opinions?

Much appreciated

I leave my place in HH at 6.15am and reach Raffles Place at around 7am via secondlink. It takes me around one hour from office to HH in the evening (i leave my office at around 7pm and the jam is on AYE from city area towards Clementi). My friend leaves his place at 8am and reach his office near Alexandra road at 9am via secondlink.

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Crystal,

There are no more Semi-D left in Nusa Idaman. While I was discussing with you couple of months back on NI, i was told by sales lady that all semi-Ds are sold out. Therefor not sure, if information provided by ur sales is correct.

Moreover terrace price in HH itself is over 700K, then definitely one can opt for Semi-d in NI just by forking out another 200K, which is still half the price of HH. After all NI is one of the good project around... hope people over here agree...

She only told me 1 week not updated only. Could be loan not approved therefore have left over?

Last edited:

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks for the info, crystal. bro Vincent was actually not far off the figures ...

At that kind of prices for the semi-d with minimum 20% down, I'm definitely out of the game ... The search goes on ...

Dun know this week got snapped out a lot or not.
He mentioned abt 50? So 9 snapped out is quite a lot in a week.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Malaysia traffic police will set up operation at MY custom every Friday, cars and passport will be detained for those with outstanding traffic fines.

马警方每周五将在新关卡 向新加坡车追讨拖欠罚款

(2012-06-02)
  (新山讯)由于新加坡车主欠下马来西亚逾4亿令吉(约1亿6000万新元)交通罚款未清,新山交警展开“逮捕令行动”,每个星期五驻守在新山新关卡,检举来往的新加坡车辆,追讨拖欠的罚款。
  新山南区交警及公共秩序主任黄国松昨日在记者会上指出,警方将援引1987年陆路交通法令对付违规的新加坡车主,即将有关车辆和车主护照扣押至交警局,等车主付清罚款方可取回。

他说,车主须在当天下午4时30分付清罚款取回护照,或找马国公民以500令吉(200新元)担保出境,或将车辆扣在新山交警局直到付清罚款为止。

上网查询交通罚单记录

他说明这次的检举行动称为“逮捕令行动”,主要是因为在罚单发出后的一个月内,若有关车主未缴付罚款,交警局有权将该车主控上法庭。

黄国松指出,自2005年至今,新加坡车主共欠下400万张交通罚单尚未缴付,保守估计罚款额达4亿令吉2000新元。

他呼吁新加坡车主上网 www.myeg.com.my 查询交通罚单记录,并亲临新山交警局查询并缴付罚款,以免被列入逮捕名单。

http://www.zaobao.com/yx/yx120602_003.shtml

Last edited:

LeMans2011

Alfrescian
Loyal
Malaysia traffic police will set up operation at MY custom every Friday, cars and passport will be detained for those with outstanding traffic fines.

马警方每周五将在新关卡 向新加坡车追讨拖欠罚款

(2012-06-02)
  (新山讯)由于新加坡车主欠下马来西亚逾4亿令吉(约1亿6000万新元)交通罚款未清,新山交警展开“逮捕令行动”,每个星期五驻守在新山新关卡,检举来往的新加坡车辆,追讨拖欠的罚款。
  新山南区交警及公共秩序主任黄国松昨日在记者会上指出,警方将援引1987年陆路交通法令对付违规的新加坡车主,即将有关车辆和车主护照扣押至交警局,等车主付清罚款方可取回。

他说,车主须在当天下午4时30分付清罚款取回护照,或找马国公民以500令吉(200新元)担保出境,或将车辆扣在新山交警局直到付清罚款为止。

上网查询交通罚单记录

他说明这次的检举行动称为“逮捕令行动”,主要是因为在罚单发出后的一个月内,若有关车主未缴付罚款,交警局有权将该车主控上法庭。

黄国松指出,自2005年至今,新加坡车主共欠下400万张交通罚单尚未缴付,保守估计罚款额达4亿令吉2000新元。

他呼吁新加坡车主上网 www.myeg.com.my 查询交通罚单记录,并亲临新山交警局查询并缴付罚款,以免被列入逮捕名单。

http://www.zaobao.com/yx/yx120602_003.shtml

Wah...thks for the tip off... keep forgetting my year old summon

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ytd was going back to Nusajaya from Johor Preimer Outlets , there was police stop after the toll plaza .....
Heng , I maintained my speed at 100km/hr , those infront of me are malaysian cars was pulled over to stop .....

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal
yesterday was buying things at jusco supermarket and paying my items at the less than 8 items counter , saw a family of 4 was queueing with a full trolley ....
when its turn to pay , the pay master was still shopping and the grandfather has no money to pay first , a short while later , the pay master was back and scanning all the 50 or more items , the pay master open up his wallet and pay by card ! the cashier say only CASH and waited a few more mins for them to come out watever cash with them.
All the ppl behind was super pissed off with this family. i was 2 persons behind this family so i walked infront and peeped his IC , it was PINK COL ! So i told the malay lady infront of me that oh , i am so embrassed as a singaporean now ! the malay laday replied I am singaporean too ! we both concluded that this family is not pure singaporeans , so we peeped at the IC again as he was searching hard for the cash , its a NEW CITIZEN ic number !
Thanks to our govt inviting all this new citizens to tarnish our reputation in overseas!
Wondering why all this ppl so tall cant see the sign board ? or maybe dun understand english at all , by now you shold able to guessed which race it is ....
OMG , they are moving to JB liao , so irritating , they are just everywhere like PESTS !

Last edited:

2bFree

Alfrescian
Loyal
Odd that the cashier did not just turn them away since the counter is for 8 items or less and they had 50 items?

I suspect they can't read English or understand Malay. But got to hand it to them, if they are shopping in JB, they are rather canny! I brought some friends over to Puteri Harbour to view the marina and also see the master plan and Imperia showcase and the place was swarmed with PRC.

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal
the cashier is a very nice malay kak kak , initially i wanted to tell her off but she just keep smiling at me until i dun wan to say her ....
maybe she saw its the grandfather queueing up for so long so she dun have the heart to turn him away ....

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.