• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Living in JB 2 (Johore)

Status
Not open for further replies.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Don't say that. Im a latecomer and just sharing the very little info I collated.

From skudai highway, yeah, u need to take the flyover up thru perling toll to connect to second link. If u want to avoid the perling toll, exit via bukit indah then. Perling toll is about RM2.30 I think

The praise was well deserved :smile:

DREAMorACTION

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hello you all lovely bros and sis of mine. Any attempt on this? Or am I being condemned because I posted in wrong thread? Don't like that la ... Hehe :p

Hi, much have been discussed about MRTA.

Don't seem to be able to find discussion on MLTA.

I know the theories/concepts of MRTA and MLTA. To complicate it further, I also want to compare these two products against life insurance.

I had a search through Mr Google, gathered quite a bit of info but I'm unable to come to a conclusion. I'm deciding between MLTA and life insurance. Would like to hear from u all on the product that u would choose, or have chosen, and why.

P/s: to add on, this is in the context of a flexi loan where the tenure/repayment period varies in an unpredictable way

Much thanks!

DREAMorACTION

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yup. Normally it's a standalone substation. For residential, should be about 22kV. However, some older buildings might have the substation integrated within the building (on ground floor) but it's very uncommon for new developments nowadays. Could be due to new regulatory requirements

Yah those poles are so unsightly. I even saw them in bukit indah developments by setia. Luckily all new developments adopt underground design

Take note that some of these poles are actually telephone cables etc, tho. Normally at the back alley :smile:

Where its internal, there will be shielding, etc done to it or it will be sufficiently deep underground. Its also something that one cannot easily escape from. Whereas for pylons, they interfere with the chi of a natural environment (according to fengshui)

Observed that in land scarce Singapore, most of the transformers are still housed in a separate building, i still haven't seen large power processing in a HDB building.

I have also seen terrace houses here where the power for the whole role comes from a electrical pole which has thick power cables located right outside the front porch of the house. So the 2nd floor masterbedroom (facing car porch), one cannot do up a balcony due to safety concerns.

Very difficult to be completely away from EMF, etc though, some things just to be mindful and to use as a preference (to avoid), not as an absolute measure.
http://www.best-emf-health.com/emf-emissions.html

Last edited:

spidey

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yah. Good if u don't mind. To each his own, as bro wuqi always say

There are definitely some decently rich residents there. Behind the show house of the topaz, some impressive Reno and security features are seen all around. Precinct 10 had some issues with the management in terms of the security earlier on, but believe that all have been resolved now.

Which one in BDO have u bought?

Yah, heard about the security issues as well, guess it solved already.
Got the smaller build up unit but with land at the side. This is my retirement home, so need some land to play with... Hahah! Planning to plant durian trees there...:smile:

DREAMorACTION

Alfrescian
Loyal
Let me see if I can strike bingo.

From your description, it outta be Aster! :biggrin: don't need to reply btw :wink:

Yah, heard about the security issues as well, guess it solved already.
Got the smaller build up unit but with land at the side. This is my retirement home, so need some land to play with... Hahah! Planning to plant durian trees there...:smile:

vincentck

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi, much have been discussed about MRTA.

Don't seem to be able to find discussion on MLTA.

I know the theories/concepts of MRTA and MLTA. To complicate it further, I also want to compare these two products against life insurance.

I had a search through Mr Google, gathered quite a bit of info but I'm unable to come to a conclusion. I'm deciding between MLTA and life insurance. Would like to hear from u all on the product that u would choose, or have chosen, and why.

P/s: to add on, this is in the context of a flexi loan where the tenure/repayment period varies in an unpredictable way

Much thanks!
The MRTA that I bought for my first property; I cancelled it after 3 years because I refinanced the loan and managed to get around RM5k back from my premiums. Both my wife and I increased our life insurance to an appropriate sum to cover for our property loans. Reason was because the beneficiary for life insurance is your nominees, not the bank. If you buy MRTA or MLTA, the bank gets the $$$ firt; any balance will then be given to your family. Also MRTA/MLTA is optional now, used to be compulsory.

We have a mix of flexi, non-flexi and fixed rate loans. For the fixed rate loan with an insurance company, we had to buy a life policy from them with returns in the future. I won't advise you to go without insurance for ur home loan since the idea is to maintain the house if something happens to us. So it's something which I need to do to increase my cover. Sorry, not much help here. Maybe you can ask a Msian insurance agent.

DREAMorACTION

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro. Thanks much for your reply. Yes, it's no longer compulsory. I just accepted my loan without any of these insurances, because my original idea was to have a life insurance.

After doing much research, I know MRTA is not the right product for me because its dead money without "extra" protections. Then I came across MLTA, which from many other sources I gathered, it is quite similar to life insurance because both are term assurance, protecting the full value of the coverage that one desires (higher premium correspondingly of course), and leaving also the "extras" in a manners of savings or double payment in the event of death. This is where I confused myself of the differences between MLTA and life insurance. Until now, I still have no clear answer. Some even claim that MLTA is an alternative name of life (term) insurance but I have a feeling that it's not.

So for your case, whenever u add more properties to your portfolio, u merely increase the assured value of your insurance? I suppose the duration of the policy wouldn't be extended whenever u add more properties right? So, at this juncture, on the assumption that I will repay off my loan in 8 years time (even though the loan tenure is, say, 20 years), would u take up 20 years term insurance, or 8 years and renew again at a later stage? Bearing in mind that I intend to acquire more properties in the future, so I guess full 20 years will be more viable because if I renew at a later stage, I gotta do check up and pay new premium based on my age and health condition at the point of renewal?

Sorry for lengthy questions ... Thanks for your time

P/s: btw, for MRTA, I was quoted 30k whereas for MLTA, the quote was 50k. It's ridiculously high for the MRTA. I don't know why anyone would go for MRTA for the mere price difference of 20k, when the 20k gives much much more protections and returns for MLTA. This is a flaw to me

The MRTA that I bought for my first property; I cancelled it after 3 years because I refinanced the loan and managed to get around RM5k back from my premiums. Both my wife and I increased our life insurance to an appropriate sum to cover for our property loans. Reason was because the beneficiary for life insurance is your nominees, not the bank. If you buy MRTA or MLTA, the bank gets the $$$ firt; any balance will then be given to your family. Also MRTA/MLTA is optional now, used to be compulsory.

We have a mix of flexi, non-flexi and fixed rate loans. For the fixed rate loan with an insurance company, we had to buy a life policy from them with returns in the future. I won't advise you to go without insurance for ur home loan since the idea is to maintain the house if something happens to us. So it's something which I need to do to increase my cover. Sorry, not much help here. Maybe you can ask a Msian insurance agent.

Last edited:

toyohon

Alfrescian
Loyal
Jia lat ... Thought all recent reports said that the Pump price will be maintained in Malaysia, even thought the oil price has increased. Cheh !!
Susidized RON 95 price maintained. Buy a Malaysian registered car and you also get to enjoy the subsidy. :biggrin: Up RON 97 to subsidise RON 95...

Last edited:

DREAMorACTION

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ohhh ... I see. Only the subsidized ..

Don't worry, when the time comes, I will sure chiong to buy one. Need it to get to bus interchange, park there, then take causeway bus to work ... It will be a necessity to me :smile:

Susidized RON 95 price maintained. Buy a Malaysian registered car and you also get to enjoy the subsidy. :biggrin: Up RON 97 to subsidise RON 95...

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Thanks DREAMorACTION. Am checking out Mont Callista, so just feeling my way out. Should be going up to check out their Park Villa :wink:.

Hi Wuqi, well deserved indeed :wink: and all thanks to you big bro here. :wink:

Just doing my part, no thanks required. :smile:

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Bros, i would always advocate buying G&G properties and away from the edges of the housing, further inside rather than outside the fringes (near the common fence against the outside world) Its no guarantee against crime of course but it makes it harder.

For those with non G&G (and think you are living in an area prone to crime), other than having an autogate mechanism for your gates, get one (and set it to close faster) which fixes to the ground solidly so that people from outside cannot force open easily. Install an alarm with an option to press in an emergency from your porch or press the alarm on your car if it has the function.

Always drive into your porch, close the gate and then unlock your car.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Bro. Thanks much for your reply. Yes, it's no longer compulsory. I just accepted my loan without any of these insurances, because my original idea was to have a life insurance.

After doing much research, I know MRTA is not the right product for me because its dead money without "extra" protections. Then I came across MLTA, which from many other sources I gathered, it is quite similar to life insurance because both are term assurance, protecting the full value of the coverage that one desires (higher premium correspondingly of course), and leaving also the "extras" in a manners of savings or double payment in the event of death. This is where I confused myself of the differences between MLTA and life insurance. Until now, I still have no clear answer. Some even claim that MLTA is an alternative name of life (term) insurance but I have a feeling that it's not.

So for your case, whenever u add more properties to your portfolio, u merely increase the assured value of your insurance? I suppose the duration of the policy wouldn't be extended whenever u add more properties right? So, at this juncture, on the assumption that I will repay off my loan in 8 years time (even though the loan tenure is, say, 20 years), would u take up 20 years term insurance, or 8 years and renew again at a later stage? Bearing in mind that I intend to acquire more properties in the future, so I guess full 20 years will be more viable because if I renew at a later stage, I gotta do check up and pay new premium based on my age and health condition at the point of renewal?

Sorry for lengthy questions ... Thanks for your time

P/s: btw, for MRTA, I was quoted 30k whereas for MLTA, the quote was 50k. It's ridiculously high for the MRTA. I don't know why anyone would go for MRTA for the mere price difference of 20k, when the 20k gives much much more protections and returns for MLTA. This is a flaw to me

Agree, its high and you can still get MRTA cheaper outside from other companies as well as better coverage in terms of if you just get insurance and get a high enough payout, it can still be used to cover the house payments/outstanding. Where possible if no other banks gives a high enough loan and you have no choice but to go with a bank which insists on MRTA, at least pay off the MRTA with cash rather than to have them add it into your loan. With compounding interest, you will pay more in the end long term.

Last edited:

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Looked at this..

A 33 year old woman was killed while crossing road by a SBS bus

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10150638562472374&refid=0

And this..

A pretty lady who was drunk and killed an old lady

http://singaporeseen.stomp.com.sg/s...d_female_driver_causes_an_elderlys_death.html

Don't call a kettle black when we are equally dark...

A bro recently shared with me this statement,

You know, its becoming worse here, sometimes even like cowboy town here as well in some parts. People just dropping like flies from the many accidents and mishaps.

Status
Not open for further replies.