• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Lim Swee Say: Minimum wage is an easy solution

aurvandil

Alfrescian
Loyal
Arguments in favor of Minimum Wage Laws...

Just as you might want to consider leaving gambling probability analysis to statisticians, you might want to consider leaving analysis of Minimum Wage to economists like KJ.

The arguments you have posted are mainly for a closed economic system with no open door FT policy. The conclusions and implications are quite different when you have an open economic system with a liberal FT policy.

silverfox@

Alfrescian
Loyal
Is these your solution to minimum wage, come on! you can do better than that. Employers will still pay $4.40 for eight hours work.

Come on! you can do better than this. in 2010, who is paying $4.40 for 8hours of work which relates to 55cts an hour?

silverfox@

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just as you might want to consider leaving gambling probability analysis to statisticians, you might want to consider leaving analysis of Minimum Wage to economists like KJ.

The arguments you have posted are mainly for a closed economic system with no open door FT policy. The conclusions and implications are quite different when you have an open economic system with a liberal FT policy.

Next time if you want to say we consider leaving analysis to economists, then everyone should keep quiet and don't discuss because I don't think anyone here is an economist

Since you said conclusion and implications are different with having a liberal FT policy, what do you think will happen next after minimum wage is implemented (besides of course the part where workers pay go up)? There is a cause and effect cycle and we need to know the effect. There will be pro and con effects. So we need to think from both sides.

Kid278

Alfrescian
Loyal
Come on! you can do better than this. in 2010, who is paying $4.40 for 8hours of work which relates to 55cts an hour?

You still dont get the drift. What I driving at is exploitations. For the record some uncles were telling me in the early 70s some employers were paying $3.50 for eight hours of work. With out minimum wage, employers will still pay workers low wages regardless of how they upgrade themselves.

Last edited:

silverfox@

Alfrescian
Loyal
You still dont get the drift. What I driving at is exploitations. With out minimum wage, employers will still pay workers low wages regardless of how they upgrade themselves.

If you want to drive your point, you drive your point based on the figures today. $4.40 for 8 hours of work, 55cts an hour, i know you are talking about exploitation but this kind of figures for today, is inciting people, not driving your point.

$132 ($4.40 for 8hrs of work, 30days) a month, even a household maid gets more than this.

Kid278

Alfrescian
Loyal
If you want to drive your point, you drive your point based on the figures today. $4.40 for 8 hours of work, 55cts an hour, i know you are talking about exploitation but this kind of figures for today, is inciting people, not driving your point.

$132 ($4.40 for 8hrs of work, 30days) a month, even a household maid gets more than this.

That sentence was meant as a pun, I was playing with words. Didnt know you couldnt grasp the drift, my bad.

silverfox@

Alfrescian
Loyal
That sentence was meant as a pun, I was playing with words. Didnt know you couldnt grasp the drift, my bad.

Talking about household maids, I think they are grossly underpaid. :p But if there is minimum wage, will household maids then fall into this category of having a minimum wage as well.

Kid278

Alfrescian
Loyal
Talking about household maids, I think they are grossly underpaid. :p But if there is minimum wage, will household maids then fall into this category of having a minimum wage as well.

Across the board domestic worker should also be in, perhaps different category and to accommodate affordability they should revisit the levy.