• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Lily: HDB PHoles Are Heavily Subsidized. Dun They Get Sick of LYING?

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
<TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR>HDB's priority: Help those who need subsidised housing the most
</TR><!-- headline one : end --><!-- show image if available --></TBODY></TABLE>

<!-- START OF : div id="storytext"--><!-- more than 4 paragraphs -->I REFER to the letters by Mr Anthony Koh ('Scrap 2-year wait to buy flat to aid retirees', July 9) and Mr Patrick Sio ('HDB should review waiting time for ex-owners of private property', Forum Online, July 10).
New HDB flats are heavily subsidised and the board's priority is to help those who need such housing the most, such as those who are buying a flat for the first time and families who cannot afford private housing.
Hence, there is a 30-month waiting period for new HDB flats to ensure that former private property owners do not compete with families who have more pressing needs for subsidised public housing.
Generally, those who have sold a private property will have sufficient proceeds to consider various housing options. Those who do not wish to wait can purchase HDB resale flats. There is no 30-month waiting period for those who want to buy resale flats. They can also consider buying a studio apartment, if they meet the age criteria.
We thank the writers for their feedback.
Chan-Wong Jee Choo Lily (Mrs)
Deputy Director (Policy & Property)
for Director (Estate Administration and Property)
Housing and Development Board

Leegimeremover

Alfrescian
Loyal
<TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR>HDB's priority: Help those who need subsidised housing the most
</TR><!-- headline one : end --><!-- show image if available --></TBODY></TABLE>

<!-- START OF : div id="storytext"--><!-- more than 4 paragraphs -->I REFER to the letters by Mr Anthony Koh ('Scrap 2-year wait to buy flat to aid retirees', July 9) and Mr Patrick Sio ('HDB should review waiting time for ex-owners of private property', Forum Online, July 10).
New HDB flats are heavily subsidised and the board's priority is to help those who need such housing the most, such as those who are buying a flat for the first time and families who cannot afford private housing.
Hence, there is a 30-month waiting period for new HDB flats to ensure that former private property owners do not compete with families who have more pressing needs for subsidised public housing.
Generally, those who have sold a private property will have sufficient proceeds to consider various housing options. Those who do not wish to wait can purchase HDB resale flats. There is no 30-month waiting period for those who want to buy resale flats. They can also consider buying a studio apartment, if they meet the age criteria.

I REFER to the letters by the Housing and Development Board. You guys are so full of shit due to the obscene pay and LKY protection you get to talk cock. Everybody sees through the HDB. We thank the HDB for your their feedback.

JohnTT

Alfrescian
Loyal
Btw, the HDB PHoles are not yours. You are just renting from the govt for 99 years.......

Hope

Alfrescian
Loyal

Let me help poor Lily who does not know how to explain TRUTH,poor gal.

The cost of my goods for sales is S$100,my market price or list price is S$200.00,I sell to you at S$120.00,I make ONLY 20%,I subsidise you guys,my honourable customers to the tune S$80.00

is it claer now,FOC,Lily.

Hope

Alfrescian
Loyal

The cost of my goods for sales is S$100,my market price or list price is S$200.00,I sell to you at S$120.00,I make ONLY 20%,I subsidise you guys,my honourable customers to the tune S$80.00

I should hasten to add that

UNLIKE PAP,I DONT EXPECT YOU- MY HONOURABLE CUSTOMERS TO BE GRATEFUL TO ME TILL ETERNITY,ON THE OTHER HAND,I AM GRATEFUL THAT YOU ALLOW ME TO MAKE 20%,AND IT IS MY JOB TO TREAT YOU LIKE MY KINGS AND QUEENS.

coolguy

Alfrescian
Loyal
MM: My pay and my cronies pay are also HEAVILY SUBSIDIZED your know.
If we work in the private sector, we get paid 80% more your know that?
so don't kpkb just buy the flat ok?

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I wonder how much are we subsidized when we take up a HDB loan to buy a 'piegeon hole' ( now known as Build To Order), for say $300,000 at 4%, repay in 30 years. ( just an example)...the interest will work out to be $90,000...

$390,000 in 30 years = $13,000 p.a., $1,083.33 per month...

Thank goodness it is subsidized!! (:-

besotted

Alfrescian
Loyal
I wonder how much are we subsidized when we take up a HDB loan to buy a 'piegeon hole' ( now known as Build To Order), for say $300,000 at 4%, repay in 30 years. ( just an example)...the interest will work out to be $90,000...

$390,000 in 30 years = $13,000 p.a., $1,083.33 per month...

Thank goodness it is subsidized!! (:-

$300,000 at 4%, interest accumulated is over $200,000

The monthly repayment is more than $1,400

commoner

Alfrescian
Loyal
of coz we have

1. subsidized HDB (HDB going for 700+K 5 room)
2. subsidized govt (highest paid PM at $3++m)
3. subsidized education (6,000+ for 24,000 education)
4. subsidized transport (feeder bus at 69cents for 3 min ride and 30 min wait)
5. subsidized healthcare (100+ per day for B class ward, and burmese/Pinoy doc)

Finally we have sub-standard living standards becoz we been subsidized so much..

KNNBCCB

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Despite the claim made numerous times, no breakdown has been provided by HDB, the Government or the Resident of the Istana of 50 years. The formula secret has the same status as the formula for Coca Cola and KFC.

Leegimeremover

Alfrescian
Loyal
of coz we have

1. subsidized HDB (HDB going for 700+K 5 room)
2. subsidized govt (highest paid PM at $3++m)
3. subsidized education (6,000+ for 24,000 education)
4. subsidized transport (feeder bus at 69cents for 3 min ride and 30 min wait)
5. subsidized healthcare (100+ per day for B class ward, and burmese/Pinoy doc)

Finally we have sub-standard living standards becoz we been subsidized so much..

KNNBCCB

LKY cannot take stress. He got too arrogant and 1 CSJ deflated his ego and exposed all his weaknesses, in spite of a Kangaroo Court.

jim007jimmyboy

Alfrescian
Loyal
kong lanjiao wei again.

They are not tired everyday trying to con us...chao cheebye

If really subsidised than why afraid to reveal the actual building cost? Why all the secrecy? Why like Temasek? WHY WHY WHY?

Chao cheebye

Char_Azn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

I think U are mistaken, the ministars aren't lying. They just believe in their on BS so much that they think its real.

nickers9

Alfrescian
Loyal

Lily boobs are so fucking heavy until it cannot subside anymore, so that's why she said the HDB is Heavily Subsidized.

congo9

Alfrescian
Loyal
When you tell a lie persistently over many time and many many yrs , it become the TRUTH.

Even HDB is starting to believe in their OWN BRAND OF TRUTH