• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Lesson to be learnt...(??)

Tension68

Alfrescian
Loyal
I heard this sort-of interesting story from a friend..and decided to share with all here.

There was once a small village where the ppl had poor farm results and lived in constant famine and poverty.

One day, a man, carrying a chicken went around and proclaimed to be a messenger from the gods.. and the chicken was a sacred gift from the gods. The ppl were unsure, but when the man laid the chicken down, it began to lay eggs.. many eggs.. it laid so many eggs that the ppl of that village could feed themselves, sell it to other villages.. and soon they were not starving anymore.

The self-proclaimed messenger of god then told the ppl to make a small accomodation for the chicken and allow a male cock to mate with it. Soon after mating, the chicken laid 3 larger than normal eggs.. and later these hatched to be mother hens. Soon, the 3 other hens were also laid eggs and these eggs hatched to become chickens.. providing more food and supplies for the ppl of the village.

This went on and the ppl of the village grew quite prosperous.. but soon the messenger of the gods became greedy.. he saw the ppl getting good income from the sale of eggs from the first sacred chicken.. and income fromt he other 3 sacred chickens.. and he wanted more than what the ppl had given to him. Altho he hab been given accomodation and food.. he wanted the wealth the ppl were getting.

So, one day the man told the ppl of the village that the sacred chickens needed a nicer place of accomodation to be housed.. and asked the villagers to build a big house to keep the chickens.. and himself. When this was done.. he told the villagers that the chickens needed more ppl to look after, and also some income to upkeep the house.. and the ppl who took care of the chickens.

Soon, the man got greedier.. and only allowed the other 3 chickens to be used by the villagers to produce chickens for food and commerce.. and kept the original sacred chicken out of sight.. explaining to the ppl that the sacred chicken needed to be kept from over-straining itself..

This went on for a year.. and then.. a sudden epidemic and drought hit the village.. killing quite a number of ppl and also the 3 chickens and all livestock in that village. The man who was the messenger of the gods, did not heed the gods words to him.. to tell the ppl to bring back out the sacred chicken and if needed.. to kill it to feed themselves. He feared that his "source of income" would be gone.. and he would have nothing.

Instead, he told the villagers that the chicken needed more offerings.. food and other items.. items which actually he wanted.. and not the gods. The villagers did as he told them.. and soon. mre of them died of hunger and disease.

When there were about less than ten villagers left.. the greedy messenger of the gods wanted to take the chicken and run.. but from amongst the villagers, a small boy stood up and said loudly, "you have sinned against the gods and the entire village.. why didn't you tell the ppl to kill the sacred chicken to eat it to survive?"

The greedy messenger and the villagers were shocked. One male villager told the boy off, saying, "are you crazy? That is the Sacred Chicken.. from the Gods!! We can't kill it and eat it?!!" More villagers agreed.. and the greedy messenger heaved a sigh of relief.

But the boy spoke again, "the gods don't want us to starve to death, or die of diseases. If we don't eat whatever food we have now.. which is only that chicken.. we will all die."

The greedy messenger was afraid.. and immediately said, "this boy is blasphemous against the gods.. set up a fire to burn him or the gods will be even more angry with us!" The villagers caught the boy and gathered whatever wood thy could find.. and were ready to burn the ppor boy alive.

But before they could do that, the sacred chicken suddenly gave a high-pitched cry.. that caught everyone's attention. The chicken had escaped from where the greedy messenger had kept it, and was perched on top of a village hut. Everyone was shocked, and all the villagers knelt before the bird.. including the boy.

The greedy messenger was alarmed.. but stood under the bird and said, "the sacred chicken is here to witness the burning of the boy! quick, burn him!"

But before anyone could do anything.. the chicken cried out again.. and all stood afixed to their positions.

With a struggled leap from the top of the hut, the bird, already beyond its actual years of passing, went straight into the fire that was prepared for the small boy. All the villagers were stunned.. and the greedy messenger screamed, "Nooooo!!!"

But it was too late.. the sacred chicken had went into the fire.. and wsa burnt alive.

The small boy spoke aloud again, "the gods don't want us to die.. and has told this man to allow us to eat the chicken" pointing to the greedy messenger, "but he got greedy.. from the gains he had gotten from using the sacred chicken.. Now, we can eat the chicken to stay alive.. to find other places to find food and carry on living. No gods would want their devoted followers to starve and suffer.. they can always send another sacred chicken.. or any other animal to help us later."

With that, the greedy messenger was banished, as the boy said the gods do not want any bloodshed. The small group of remaining villagers survived, after eating the sacred chicken, and later found more sources of food, and also learnt to farm better products to stay alive.

The greedy messenger did not learn his lesson, he tried to trick other villages by carrying chickens and proclaiming that he was a messenger of the gods again.. but because word of his greedy, selfish and cheating ways was spread far and wide. He was chased away and later died a hungry man.

Lesson?
In times of need, there is nothing too sacred that we can't take down and use.. or remove, or do away with.
This story is by no ways an insult to any religion.. and the chicken can be replaced by any animal (according to my friend).. jus that he liked to use a chicken.
Be flexible and know what is the true situation, don't be blinded by past beliefs that might interfere with future survival

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
This is called reverse engineering. Creating an entire story from thin air to fit the message that has to be sent. There is no need. 99.9 % of the human race in time of famine and hunger would have their survival instinct kicked in. It is a physiological reaction - no thinking needed. The remaining 0.1% are either mentally or physically incapable of feeding themselves.

People who kill themselves for religion are in no danger of facing starvation and usually had a good meal before they killed themselves. The mass suicide at Jonestown is a classic. None of them were in financial stress nor starving.

I can bet you you will be hard pressed to find an incident where a community starved to death because of religion or a belief in something.

Last edited:

Tension68

Alfrescian
Loyal
This is called reverse engineering. Creating an entire story from thin air to fit the message that has to be sent.

bro, thnx for reading the whole thing.. and gud explanation on the intent of my friend's story too.. reverse engineering indeed.
altho.. i don't think my friend is dat into religion.. he likes to tok in riddles.. cos he fancies himself an intellectual.. of sorts.. I tease him b y saying he always go in circles.. n nvr get str8 to the point.. lol.

Last edited:

Capano2121

Alfrescian
Loyal
SacredCowCartoon.gif

How will the chao chap cheng in white milked their sacred cow???

DuYunQi

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
bro, thnx for reading the whole thing.. and gud explanation on the intent of my friend's story too.. reverse engineering indeed.
altho.. i don't think my friend is dat into religion.. he likes to tok in riddles.. cos he fancies himself an intellectual.. of sorts.. I tease him b y saying he always go in circles.. n nvr get str8 to the point.. lol.

Why use my story without giving me due credit??
And.. aren't we ALL intellectuals? Human beings have higher IQs than any living animal on earth.
Lastly, what's the point of telling people everything? If they don't think and want to be spoon-fed.. stay in the form of a baby.. don't grow up.
Now I know where you spend your time on the net. hahaha

LeMans2011

Alfrescian
Loyal
The fable is easy to relate to.
The self-proclaimed messenger of God is KongHee. The villagers are CHC sheeps.
The little boy is Jah_Rastafar and the chicken is PSY83.

DuYunQi

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The fable is easy to relate to.
The self-proclaimed messenger of God is KongHee. The villagers are CHC sheeps.
The little boy is Jah_Rastafar and the chicken is PSY83.

Interesting. And it is true that my story is easy to relate to many things that you might see in life..here or elsewhere..
Nice to meet u btw.