• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Lee Kuan Yew just wanna uproot Singapore culture

The_Latest_H

Alfrescian
Loyal
I'm sure that in a mature society which is able to balance a few languages and dialects should be able to do so, without hindrance.

That's why the demonising of dialects of all the four main languages- at least those which have dialects- has been unhelpful.

And I think its sad, because we would be saying farewell to our own respective heritage. Besides I have seen a few Singaporeans who can speak hokkien(clean as well as dirty) and mandarin chinese very, very fluently.

There is no exclusive rule that one would be crap in either one if one has to learn both. They are not exclusive. One can be very proficient in two main languages, and his own dialect if you give him or her the chance to be equally good in all three.

Tiu Kwang Yew

Alfrescian
Loyal
you see dialects are beautiful , it can used as nick name, scold people, do many things.
lee kuan yew should come here to read some tius and kans, he too learned hokkien to win votes during past elections.

but now being cosmopolitan mean death to singaporean islanders.
lau CB knows lose power mean death to many PAP dogs.

funglung

Alfrescian
Loyal
you see dialects are beautiful , it can used as nick name, scold people, do many things.
lee kuan yew should come here to read some tius and kans, he too learned hokkien to win votes during past elections.

but now being cosmopolitan mean death to singaporean islanders.
lau CB knows lose power mean death to many PAP dogs.

ALL THOSE BASTARDS IN WHITE LIED THROUGH THEIR TEETH TO ALL OF US STARTING WITH STINKING VULTURE LEE KUAN YEW

DO NOT WAIT UNTIL ELECTION TIME
THE TIME TO ACT IS NOW!

TALK TO YOUR FRIENDS AND YOUR RELATIVES.

SUPPORT OPPOSITION PARTIES WITH YOUR TIME AND MONEY AND STAND BY THEM AND WITH THEM.
THEY SPEAK FOR YOU AND TRY TO SPEAK FOR YOU.

LKY AND PAP HAVE BEEN USING THEIR KANGAROO COURTS TO TRY TO BANKRUPT THEM TO SILENCE THEM.

IF YOU DO NOT STAND WITH THEM AND STAND BY THEM, CAN YOU STAND ALONE AGAINST LKY?

SINGAPOREANS MUST UNITE AND SUPPORT ALL THE OPPOSITION PARTIES.

DO NOT JUST WAIT UNTIL ELECTION TO VOTE

VOTE OUT LKY AND HIS BASTARDS IN WHITE WHO ONLY WANT YOUR MONEY AND TO FUCK YOU.

IF NOT FOR YOURSELF, THEN FOR THE FUTURE OF YOUR CHILDREN

THERE WILL NOT BE AN OBAMA AS PRESIDENT OF USA IF THE CIVIL RIGHTS MOVEMENT THERE WAS INTIMIDATED BY BEATINGS AND LYNCHINGS IN THE PAST.

THE TOBBLING OF LKY WILL NOT BE EASY, AND CAN BE BLOODY AS WELL.
THEY WILL NOT GIVE UP THE BILLIONS THAT THEY SUCKED FROM YOU AND CAN CONTINUE TO SCREW FROM YOU NOW AND IN FUTURE.

ONLY YOU HAVE THE POWER TO SAY 'NO MORE OF THAT' AND THROW EVERYONE OF THOSE BASTARDS OUT

Already 400-500++ billions got sucked and bled by LKY into his Temasick and GIC.
HOW MANY OTHER BILLIONS GOT SUCKED AND USED BY THEM IN GLC WHERE THEIR FAMILY MEMBERS AND MINISTERS AND BASTARDS IN WHITE ARE CHAIRMAN AND CEOS?

EVEN IF NO ELECTIONS, SINKIES MUST SPEAK WITH ALL THEIR FRIENDS AND ALL THEY KNOW

STAND UP TO THAT BASTARD LKY AND PAP BLOODSUCKERS

STAND WITH ALL THOSE THAT FIGHT BASTARD LKY

OR STAND UP YOURSELF IN YOUR CONSTITUENCY

DONT BE BULLIED BY THAT FUCKING COWARD LKY USING HIS CORRUPT KANGAROO COURTS AND ALL THAT HE CAN, AND WILL THROW AT YOU

You will fear them only if you allow yourself to fear them.

Just because THEY want you to fear them, must you fear those fucking bastards?

THEY ONLY CAN RULE YOU , AND BLED YOU , THROUGH FEAR AND INTIMIDATION.

SINKIES,

FIND YOUR BALLS AND STAND UP TO THEM.
THEY WILL THEN FEAR YOU.

AND YOU REGAIN YOUR MONEY AND YOUR FUTURE AND YOUR CHILDREN FUTURE.

DO NOT LET OUR MONEY GO TO FUND PAP DOGS FRENCH COOKING LESSONS

DO NOT DIE IN OLD FOLK HOMES IN JB.

FIND YOUR BALLS AND STAND UP TO THEM

LEE KUAN YEW LOST AND LOST DUNNO HOW MANY BILLIONS IN TEMASICK AND GIC

EVEN MORE BILLIONS HE THREW AWAY TO HIS DOGS AND COCKROACHES SO THEY CAN TAKE FRENCH COOKING LESSONS

LKY NEED MORE BILLIONS FROM SINKIES WHO VOTED FOR HIM AND FROM THOSE WHO VOIDED THEIR VOTES

EVEN IF YOU VOTE AGAINST HIM, NO DIFFERENCE.

COLLECTIVE PUNISHMENT AS SINKIES DID NOT TRY HARD ENOUGH TO KICK OUT THAT VAMPIRE BASTARD LKY

SO EXPECT EVERYTHING IN SINGAPORE TO GO UP AND UP

BASTARD LKY NEED YOUR $$$$$

HE SCREW YOU AND DEMAND THAT YOU THANK HIM FOR HIS FUCKING 'SUBISIDIESD BULLSHIT' AND 'AFFORDABLE' CON-TALK.

GO ALL OUT TO KICK ALL THOSE BASTARDS OUT

ALL OF THEM

lancheowman

Alfrescian
Loyal
i think mandarin is the lingua franca in all chinese populated countries, and regions. the PAP is just following the norm.

dear two headed snake,

i am referring to your statement above and i am wondering how are you supposed to reconcile this with the following statements?

"Lee Kuan Yew just wanna uproot Singapore culture. Simple as that."

"By dissing dialect, clamming down on the usage of dialect, he's in fact cutting off the handing down of values from the old folks to their grand child. "

"Dialect is one of the foundation of Spore culture here. To talk down and abandon dialect, thats uprooting of Spore culture."

on the one hand, you condemn our MM for uprooting singapore culture by dissing dialects but you then justify this for them by saying that the govt is just following the norm.....so would you aggree with me that any person reading these statements would come to a conclusion that PAP is simply doing what all chinese populated countries are doing and this is to uproot their own culture by dissing dialects?

Frankiestine

Alfrescian
Loyal
That is what I had noticed!, and ask the Tamils why are they conversing with their Grandmother (father) in MALAY?. Their parents speak to their grandparents ( & in-laws) in Tamil, they converse with their children, either in Malay or English. These children, do not even know much about Indian Culture, nor speak Tamil or write their own language.

BTW I am not Indian....:biggrin:

And their class size are reducing year after year...soon MOE will find that it is simply not productive to be conducting classes in Tamil and I won't be surprise if there comes a day where Tamil classes are outsourced to the private sector to conduct...as for the chinese, chinese singaporeans are no different from the Tamils in the sense of their lost of touch with their "true" culture and customs..

with this cleansing of other chinese language such as hokkien, teochew, cantonese etc the chinese here has already lost base with their own customs..

just look at local chinese, they are simply clueless when asked about their cultures and customs...

char_jig_kar

Alfrescian
Loyal
dear two headed snake,

i am referring to your statement above and i am wondering how are you supposed to reconcile this with the following statements?

"Lee Kuan Yew just wanna uproot Singapore culture. Simple as that."

"By dissing dialect, clamming down on the usage of dialect, he's in fact cutting off the handing down of values from the old folks to their grand child. "

"Dialect is one of the foundation of Spore culture here. To talk down and abandon dialect, thats uprooting of Spore culture."

on the one hand, you condemn our MM for uprooting singapore culture by dissing dialects but you then justify this for them by saying that the govt is just following the norm.....so would you aggree with me that any person reading these statements would come to a conclusion that PAP is simply doing what all chinese populated countries are doing and this is to uproot their own culture by dissing dialects?

twisting-and-turning-piece-of-dog-shit,

using mandarin as official language is a norm in chinese populated region.

the eradication of dialect, this practice, did i ever say its a norm in chinese populated region?

Last edited:

char_jig_kar

Alfrescian
Loyal
so would you aggree with me that any person reading these statements would come to a conclusion that PAP is simply doing what all chinese populated countries are doing and this is to uproot their own culture by dissing dialects?

PAP using mandarin as official language, thats not equate to dissing dialect. Most of the chinese populated region, people use mandarin as official language, and in the same time uphold dialect language. The problem is with PAP, they encourage the usage of mandarin, and then in the same time eradicating dialect, thats the problem. Thats what we should condemn the PAP. For uprooting dialect. Mandarin as official language among Chinese, there's nothing wrong with it.

Last edited:

tiulehloumoh

Alfrescian
Loyal
The problem is with PAP, they encourage the usage of mandarin, and then in the same time eradicating dialect, thats the problem.

Hey asshole, did the papy fined you for speaking dialect to your child ? No right ...... what you want to speak at home is your own fucking businese right .......:oIo:

char_jig_kar

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hey asshole, did the papy fined you for speaking dialect to your child ? No right ...... what you want to speak at home is your own fucking businese right .......:oIo:
Of course people could speak dialect to their kid. But thats beside the point.

PAP had ban using of dialect in the local mass media.

And Lee Kuan Yew, openly dissed dialect, telling parents not to use dialect to their kids.

Dialect is in danger now in spore. Less and less people using it. 'cause the whole system is against dialect, and brainwashing the people to dissed dialect.

Are u denying that PAP is eradicating dialect? Are u denying the fact that dialect is struggling due to PAP govt discrimination against dialect??

Last edited:

lnchwmn4

Alfrescian
Loyal
PAP using mandarin as official language, thats not equate to dissing dialect. Most of the chinese populated region, people use mandarin as official language, and in the same time uphold dialect language. The problem is with PAP, they encourage the usage of mandarin, and then in the same time eradicating dialect, thats the problem. Thats what we should condemn the PAP. For uprooting dialect. Mandarin as official language among Chinese, there's nothing wrong with it.

Dear diehard MIW supporter

thank you for clearly explaining and justifying the party's policy in the very first statement of your post.

"PAP using mandarin as official language, thats not equate to dissing dialect."

char_jig_kar

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dear diehard MIW supporter

thank you for clearly explaining and justifying the party's policy in the very first statement of your post.

Are u saying mandarin as official language, thats equate to dissing dialect?

Why is it mandarin as official language is equate to dissing dialect???

lnchwmn4

Alfrescian
Loyal
so are you denying that PAP is eradicating dialect? Are u denying the fact that dialect is struggling due to PAP govt discrimination against dialect??

tiulehloumoh

Alfrescian
Loyal
PAP had ban using of dialect in the local mass media.
No no, you still can listen to various dialect news on 95.5 FM station where got ban ...

And Lee Kuan Yew, openly dissed dialect, telling parents not to use dialect to their kids.
So when Lee Kuan Yew openly tell you not to speak dialect, you listen to him har....

Dialect is in danger now in spore. Less and less people using it. 'cause the whole system is against dialect, and brainwashing the people to dissed dialect.
Blame yourself if you don't used it......

Are u denying that PAP is eradicating dialect? And dialect is struggling due to PAP govt discrimination against dialectNothing to deny, unless the fined you for speaking dialect just like what happen in taiwan during the early KMT ...??

seow bai tu, bai u bai..........

char_jig_kar

Alfrescian
Loyal
so are you denying that PAP is eradicating dialect? Are u denying the fact that dialect is struggling due to PAP govt discrimination against dialect??

harlo??? Why would i deny what i had said? The PAP is indeed eradicating dialect, and their discrimination against dialect had caused dialect's downfall here in this country.

lnchwmn4

Alfrescian
Loyal
Are u saying mandarin as official language, thats equate to dissing dialect?

Why is it mandarin as official language is equate to dissing dialect???

no agent char jig kar , i am not saying anything except that you said:"

thank you for explaining party policy to us

lnchwmn4

Alfrescian
Loyal
harlo??? Why would i deny what i had said? The PAP is indeed eradicating dialect, and their discrimination against dialect had caused dialect's downfall here in this country.

then were you lying when you said this earlier?

OR are you lying when you say this now?
The PAP is indeed eradicating dialect, and their discrimination against dialect had caused dialect's downfall here in this country

char_jig_kar

Alfrescian
Loyal
then were you lying when you said this earlier?

OR are you lying when you say this now?
The PAP is indeed eradicating dialect, and their discrimination against dialect had caused dialect's downfall here in this country

I don't view using mandarin as official language is dissing dialect, nor discrimination against dialect. Tell me which Chinese region, people don't use mandarin as official language?? Its a norm in all Chinese region, no?

char_jig_kar

Alfrescian
Loyal
Already said that ... to speak dialect or not is one own fucking businesss... Papy just want to have a common language for the chinese here.

PAP's propaganda against dialect, and banning the use of dialect in most mass media, don't tell me that has got no negative effect AT ALL on the dialect???